Archived Topic

True Blue Recruiting Show

by SpiffCoug · 2/7/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I watched the True Blue recruiting show yesterday. Coach Anae was on. I thought his comments were interesting.



He said two things BYU will focus on is ball security and blocking. How about some numbers on ball security and blocking for the last two offensive coordinators at BYU?



Under Anae, BYU had 20 games with 0 turnovers (26%) (in the 77 he coached). The last two years, BYU had three 0 turnover games in 26 (11.5%).



BYU had nine games with 3 or more turnovers the last two years (34.6%). Under Anae they had 18 games with 3 or more turnovers (23.4%).



Under Anae, BYU had 22 games with 0 sacks allowed (28.6%) The last two years, BYU had seven 0 sacks allowed games in 26 (26.9%).



BYU had nine games with 3 or more sacks allowed the last two years (34.6%). Under Anae they had 19 games with 3 or more sacks allowed (24.7%).



Under Anae, BYU had 54 games with fewer than four yards per carry (70.1%) The last two years, BYU had 19 games with fewer than four yards per carry in 26 (73.1%).



BYU had five games with four or more yards per carry the last two years (15.4%). Under Anae they had 23 games with four or more yards per carry (29.9%).



In listening to Anae it sounded like he and Tugejay are going to tag team the offensive line coaching.
C
Cougs_Rule
Under Anae-zero QBs hurt (benched bc of injury), one throwing RB hurt.

Last two years-two throwing RBs hurt/benched for injury.
K
KYCoug
He had me fired up! :crazy: I was ready to go block someone!!!like he said "Hard and Fast"!!! He also mentioned he had 6 other schools interested in his services and he chose to come back to Bronco and the Y. That's loyalty! I remember how maligned he was when he left and I'm sure half way through next season we'll have some complaining about his predictability and lack of imagination in calling plays but in my mind he's what we need now. It's like what Gen. Patton used to say...a fair plan well executed is much better than an excellent plan fairly executed. Someone who will come out hard and fast and get the offense moving...that's what I'm talking about. :) I'm glad he got a lot of big bodies to work with for the OL. Can't wait to see how it works. I also hope we see a lot more TE involved.



Go Cougs!!!



L Hatton

Louisville, KY
S
SpiffCoug
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Under Anae-zero QBs hurt (benched bc of injury), one throwing RB hurt.

Last two years-two throwing RBs hurt/benched for injury.

To be fair, John Beck did miss one start due to injury. But yes, from 2005 through 2009, BYU's starting QB started 63 of 64 games.



Since 2010, you could argue that BYU's starting QBs have missed 16 of 39 games due to injury (and that number should probably be 18).
C
Cougarpoke
I was very impressed with all the things he said. I also noted that he said he wanted to throw the ball a lot, but still have a running QB. I was intrigued by Bronco's interview. I thought he was super defensive for the most part. But, he seemed fired up and not so blah, like he does in some interviews. I am very interested to see if our offense can catch up with our defense. We will see if both sides can play fast and hard all the time.
Advertisement
L
Lawboy
I think Bronco is disappointed teh Doman years turned out so poorly. He had high hopes, and thought BD would get it done. It did not happen, so Bronco was a bit defensive about it, rather than just throwing Doman under the bus. So I think he handled it well.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.