Archived Topic

Spring "Game" date?

by AmmonCougar1 · 2/5/2013

Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
My apologies for those who have been around these parts long enough to know that I always ask this question but do any of you know when the Spring "game"/scrimmage/whatever will be held this year? The soccer league I coach in up here in Idaho Falls is asking us to make our weekend requests/requests off and I want to keep the Spring Game date open. Thanks in advance for any who have information they share about this.



And FWIW, last year my sons and a friend from my ward enjoyed a hike to the "Y", the game, J-Dawgs, the Creamery, and the Heritage? (Place where all the sports memorabilia is) and all this with SpiffCoug. If any would like to set something along these lines up for this year it was a very well-spent day and you're all invited!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
S
SpiffCoug
I'm in!
S
scott715
Sounds good but I teach so I will probably be in school. Hard to get away and make the drive. Waiting on the date. Will the snow be gone by then?
S
SpiffCoug
I suggest we all go to Home Depot/Lowes and have Hawkwing help us all build some lighted lawn "Ys."
S
scott715
Sounds like a great home-making activity.
Advertisement
G
Guest
Sounds good to me.
J
Jbrad
You know I'm in, uhhhh that is if we can find out when the games is?
M
Mars


I don't know. But...



https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/3534_559385340738433_187930539_n.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
AmmonCougar1
Any dates? The soccer league I coach in is making me declare which Saturdays my team cal play. I want to play some but I want to leave the Spring "Game" date open.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
G
Guest
I'm trying to get word from Tom Holmoe, but no response yet.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Just my guess, but I bet the Spring game is 30 March.
S
Stirfry
Any updates on this? I'd love to go but it seems like I remember it being on a weekday morning last year. Hopefully there's a bigger push to make these more fan friendly.
C
Cougs_Rule
"More fan friendly"????? Probably wrong coaching era for that. Having the spring game on a weekday last year was part of that diminishing friendship. There may have been other variables involved, but prioritizing fan access on a saturday as a means of overcoming whatever else may have been getting in the way of having it on a saturday, is not gonna happen.

Good Saint Bronco is all about helping keep the BYU fan base hard at work at their blue collar worksites and not wasting time at a silly old-school spring ritual. especially if that ritual causes Bronco no small amount of discomfort.

Settle down Bronco worshippers. I'm just poking a little fun while also calling out a trend.
G
Guest
Spring game was on Saturday, March 24th last year.
S
Stirfry
hawkwing wrote:
Spring game was on Saturday, March 24th last year.


Well hopefully we get it on Saturday this year. I'm not sure why I remember it being on weekday, maybe that was a different scrimmage/year?
Advertisement
G
Guest
Stirfry wrote:
Spring game was on Saturday, March 24th last year.


Well hopefully we get it on Saturday this year. I'm not sure why I remember it being on weekday, maybe that was a different scrimmage/year?


Fall game was on a Thursday, if I recall correctly.
W
wahdee
Yep fall was on a Thursday last year.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
Cougs_Rule wrote:
"More fan friendly"????? Probably wrong coaching era for that. Having the spring game on a weekday last year was part of that diminishing friendship. There may have been other variables involved, but prioritizing fan access on a saturday as a means of overcoming whatever else may have been getting in the way of having it on a saturday, is not gonna happen.

Good Saint Bronco is all about helping keep the BYU fan base hard at work at their blue collar worksites and not wasting time at a silly old-school spring ritual. especially if that ritual causes Bronco no small amount of discomfort.

Settle down Bronco worshippers. I'm just poking a little fun while also calling out a trend.


Come on now ..... :D ;)
C
Cougs_Rule
Spring vs Fall game. Potaeto vs potahto. Whiffed on timing. Connected on content.
B
beauso79
I really want to see Williams and Hine create a fast two headed monster at RB. Hopefully Hine can finally get health and he and Williams can bulk up a bit



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 4
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.