Archived Topic

SuperBowl Commecials

by BoiseBYU · 2/4/2013

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
If the the Super Bowl commercials are representative of society, we're toast. Such immoral decadence. I'm depressed.
D
Ddawg
+1. Seriously - everyone knows the Superbowl commercials are the BEST part of the Superbowl. I have been disappointed this year. Not entertaining, not funny. Very weak. Pathetic.



As I type - Budweiser did have a good commercial. A heart string tugger. The only saving grace so far.
C
cornhole153
I agree dawg. Really bad stuff and have had to shut it off for my kids a number of times. I did think the Oreo shhh in the library ad was funny.
C
Cougarfan87
cornhole153 wrote:
I agree dawg. Really bad stuff and have had to shut it off for my kids a number of times. I did think the Oreo shhh in the library ad was funny.


It is pretty sad when you have to change the channel for commercials. I had to do that and turn it off for half time. I don't think my nine year old son or seven year old daughter needs to see people dressed like that during the halftime show.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Cougarfan87 wrote:
I agree dawg. Really bad stuff and have had to shut it off for my kids a number of times. I did think the Oreo shhh in the library ad was funny.


It is pretty sad when you have to change the channel for commercials. I had to do that and turn it off for half time. I don't think my nine year old son or seven year old daughter needs to see people dressed like that during the halftime show.


I agree about the Halftime show. I had to check myself and kept referring to my wife because I was so disappointed. I admit that I am rather biased with my music choices - I'm a classic rocker type guy. So, I kept asking her how she liked the music and entertainment? She was not impressed with Beyonce's performance. She didn't care for the music or the costumes. It "missed the mark."



Actually, I kept thinking back to other Superbowl performers: Madonna, Black Eyed Peas, The Who, Bruce Springsteen, and Prince (I don't know if I remembered them all). Anyway, my favorite from those I listed was Prince. As I recall - he really put on a great show with great music. Just my .02 cents worth.
M
Metal Bubba
Prince was the best of the last 10 years, at least. The man is a genius.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
nuk13
Cougarfan87 wrote:
I agree dawg. Really bad stuff and have had to shut it off for my kids a number of times. I did think the Oreo shhh in the library ad was funny.


It is pretty sad when you have to change the channel for commercials. I had to do that and turn it off for half time. I don't think my nine year old son or seven year old daughter needs to see people dressed like that during the halftime show.


You are using the term dressed rather loosely (pun intended). The wholetime(wasn't it more than halftime) made me think of what would inevitable come out of the back end of that Clydesdale that chased the guy down the street.



I kept watching and watching and finally I saw some football.
A
ABYUFAN
My family and I loved the old folks Taco Bell commercial... the rest were not that good. We didn't even bother with the halftime show, Iron Man 1 and 2 were on TNT or FX, so we watched the end of IM1 and start of 2 instead.
C
CougarClaw
I laughed the whole time watching Bar make out with that nerd. It was awesome.



Really didn't need to see chicks dancing on a stripper pole for a SB ad. I really didn't need to see a naked man dance in his underwear. The Coke ad was not worth it and had gay propoganda all over it.



the alcohol commercials were very weak. The new product launches were boring.



Samsung's commercial was the worst of them all. Not funny, not interesting, purposeless rambling. What a waste.



Taco Bell was a bright spot. Clysdale and Dodge farmer were good. Beyonce was infinitely better than madonnas wacko show and Black Eyed Peas auto-tune disaster.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.