Archived Topic

What scares you the most?

by Cougarpoke · 11/23/2009

Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
As I sat at LES watching BYU beat up on Air Force, I couldn't help but let my mind wonder to this week's matchup. And so, I turned to my best friend who scored the tickets for me, and asked, what scares you the most about next week's matchup? His response was our Defense against their offense. I agreed to a certain degree. But then again, that is always a concern. I guess I am most scared that our Defensive line won't get any pressure on the pukes QB and they pick us apart. Anyway, should be a great game... So, what scares you the most about next week's game????
F
frdbtr
that the team that showed up against TCU, FSU, and NM shows up next saturday. I have no doubt that if the team that showed up against OU, Wyoming, or AF shows up that BYU will win.
W
Wickchad
That our front seven shuts down the Utah offense but our secondary keeps giving up big pass plays to keep the Utes in the game. I imagine we will see a ton of deep balls because that is Wynn's best (and only) throw. Plus the odds against BYU of a completion or pass interferance call versus an interception on a deep ball are pretty good for opponents. I wish we had a safety that was capable of playing sideline to sideline to intercept deep passes.
B
BYUby40
...you mean like spiders on the field??? (From the Movie:The Replacements)



1. It would scare me if the team does not make a statement from the opening kickoff with their play. I'd like to see us not defer taking the ball first if we have the option; and do everything possible to score first.

2. It would scare me if the Utes can keep our defense on the field for long periods of time.

3. It would scare me if we have two or more turnovers, especially early in the game.
I
Italics
the danger of an old creepy Ute fan molesting me :bug:
Advertisement
I
Italics
frdbtr wrote:
that the team that showed up against TCU, FSU, and NM shows up next saturday. I have no doubt that if the team that showed up against OU, Wyoming, or AF shows up that BYU will win.


What I like most about that list is that we didn't just "happen" to struggle agains the good teams, while "happening" play well against the bad ones (as has been the case in past years at times)



Rather, we didn't play well against TCU (great team), FSU (above average), or NM (extremely poor)

While at the same time, we played very well against OU (above average), Wyoming (below average), and AF (above average)



So that shows to me that cougar fans aren't being delusional when we say "it depends which team shows up," because this season, it really HASN'T been a matter of who we're playing, but how we play ourselves.
G
Guest
I would put Wyoming this year at exactly average.
L
Lawboy
Italics wrote:

So that shows to me that cougar fans aren't being delusional when we say "it depends which team shows up," because this season, it really HASN'T been a matter of who we're playing, but how we play ourselves.

Therein lies the better question--did the opponents we played have something to do with our poor play, or was it solely on us? I say TCU gets full credit for stopping us cold, while with UNM, the blame lies more with the team. With FSU, it was a combination of both. So it really is not as simple as saying it was just how we played, when the opponent has some say in how we can play.
S
snoscythe
Being paralyzed but conscious for 23 years while the medical staff thinks I'm in a coma. Seriously, this terrified me to read.
I
Italics
his doctor should be thrown in prison for life. what an embarrassment to the medical field.
Advertisement
F
Florwood
Our secondary play if Wynn is composed and accurate. AFA was something like 5/22. Many of those misses were influenced by our DBs, but several were just bad bad throws. A good throwing QB actually connecting on all those first down passes Saturday would have made the game very different...
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
Being paralyzed but conscious for 23 years while the medical staff thinks I'm in a coma. Seriously, this terrified me to read.


Welcome to socialized medicine. Notice that they flew to the US where they were allowed by law to seek other medical tests and opinions? We'll those are almost gone now.
M
Mars


1- INTs (especially the dreaded "pick six").

2- Sacks (especially blind-side).

3- The long ball.

4- Wide.

5- A game-deciding field goal by Matt Payne.
I
Italics
Mars wrote:




5- A game-deciding field goal by Matt Payne.


He hasn't exactly been "money" this season, but he has done better than I expected... major props to him on his 49 yarder against AFA
M
Mars
Italics wrote:
5- A game-deciding field goal by Matt Payne.
He hasn't exactly been "money" this season, but he has done better than I expected... major props to him on his 49 yarder against AFA

He's money kicking PATs.

Knock on wood.
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
Mars wrote:
Mars wrote:
5- A game-deciding field goal by Matt Payne.
He hasn't exactly been "money" this season, but he has done better than I expected... major props to him on his 49 yarder against AFA

He's money kicking PATs.

Knock on wood.


He's had quite a bit practice with PATs
C
CAFB_04-12
What scares you the most?

Zombies. I'd say zombies scare me the most.
B
blue42
1-Obamanomics

2-MWC officials

3-Bronco treating this like any other game
S
Schmoe
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
What scares you the most?

Zombies. I'd say zombies scare me the most.


Nah, just destroy the brain, and sever the head, always sever the head.
M
Mars
http://bensbiz.mlblogs.com/half%20halloween%20zombie%20football.JPG" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.