Archived Topic

Jets to Egypt

by scott715 · 1/31/2013

Advertisement
S
scott715
Rand Paul says:



The Pentagon recently handed over 20 fighter jets - $213 million dollars worth - to a Muslim Brotherhood-led government determined to impose Sharia Law on Egypt.

Today, the U.S. Senate will vote on my Amendment to prohibit the sale of fighter jets to Egypt. Please call your U.S. Senators at (202) 224-3121 IMMEDIATELY and demand they support my Amendment at every opportunity.
B
BroncoBot
America has been playing these games for far too long. as Rand Paul points out elsewhere, we give more to Israel's enemies than we do to Israel. we've literally built the powderkeg that is gte middle east and are spending hundreds of billions in an attempt to keep things under our control there.



rand Pauls fight to get the Bin Laden informant out of prison is another issue that makes me sick. really hoping that guy makes it out alive.
S
snoscythe
Let's not forget that the Obama administration is supposedly supporting the Syrian rebels through the intermediary of Yemen, but that nearly half of the arms we send through the Al-Qaeda connected Yemenese government go missing before they can get to Syria.
S
Schmoe
For a second I thought I was on the football forum and the NFL team had been sold in the most bizarre move ever. Oh well...
Y
Yndian
Schmoe wrote:
For a second I thought I was on the football forum and the NFL team had been sold in the most bizarre move ever. Oh well...


You're not alone; I thought the exact same thing.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
While I'm throwing J. Reuben Clark quotes around, here's another...



J. Reuben Clark used to say, “Don’t try to go in and solve the problems of other countries. You don’t have the right, and you won’t do it as well as they do. Most of the time you’ll make a mess of it. We did in Mexico. I was responsible for it.” That is, he thought, “You know, we got to straight the Mexicans out. We got to give them a good President.” [The Life of J. Reuben Clark, Jr. September 1, 1992 Delivered at the Grantsville High School, Grantsville, Utah by W. Cleon Skousen]
S
scott715
UPDATE: Senate Kills Rand Paul's 'No F-16s to Egypt' Amendment, 26 GOP Senators Vote With Democrats including Hatch.
S
SpiffCoug
scott715 wrote:
UPDATE: Senate Kills Rand Paul's 'No F-16s to Egypt' Amendment, 26 GOP Senators Vote With Democrats including Hatch.

Finally some bipartisanship! :sick:
D
Ddawg
Schmoe wrote:
For a second I thought I was on the football forum and the NFL team had been sold in the most bizarre move ever. Oh well...


As long as they take Mark Sanchez with them .....

:D
D
Ddawg
snoscythe wrote:
Let's not forget that the Obama administration is supposedly supporting the Syrian rebels through the intermediary of Yemen, but that nearly half of the arms we send through the Al-Qaeda connected Yemenese government go missing before they can get to Syria.


That is nauseating. Can the U.S. govt. qualify for the annual "Golden Raspberry Awards?" I think they've earned a "razzie" more than once.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.