J
jvquarterbackThis year's schedule is great. The only problem I have is with the two away games (ND/Wisc). I would have much preferred dropping the whole Wisc series and sliding the Hawaii game earlier in the year. Or buying a game from another team or getting a 2:1.
2014 looks great. 6 home games and 4 away. If I were TH and all I had to think about were 2014 I would buy a couple of cupcakes and go with 8 home games. Unfortunately, I think the best we can hope for would be one FCS team and a 2-for-1. My preference would be to buy a game from Sac St and try to get a 2-1 with SJSU, UTSA, North Texas, Tx St, etc. What I think will happen is TH will sell us out to play an un-neutral site game and a home and away series netting a home game in 2016. Also I see the UCF game the first week of December. The big east wonât have 12 teams until 2015. Also there is a chance UCF will have their one year post-season ban postponed a year to 2014 making this even more likely.
2015 actually works a lot better now that the UH series is gone. 4 (was 5 before UH bailed) away games and 3 home games. Fortunately one of the away games is only an hour away. This year is a shame because the two away games at Nebraska and Michigan are one and dones. This could have marked two great years in a row.
2016 looks bleak. 3 away games and one neutral site 2.5 hours from the other team.
2017-2019 - Too early to tell. One positive is the home game against Nevada as part of a 2-1 deal makes it very silly to go back to the MWC. They would lose the two games they have in their favor going forward (USU and Nev).
2014 looks great. 6 home games and 4 away. If I were TH and all I had to think about were 2014 I would buy a couple of cupcakes and go with 8 home games. Unfortunately, I think the best we can hope for would be one FCS team and a 2-for-1. My preference would be to buy a game from Sac St and try to get a 2-1 with SJSU, UTSA, North Texas, Tx St, etc. What I think will happen is TH will sell us out to play an un-neutral site game and a home and away series netting a home game in 2016. Also I see the UCF game the first week of December. The big east wonât have 12 teams until 2015. Also there is a chance UCF will have their one year post-season ban postponed a year to 2014 making this even more likely.
2015 actually works a lot better now that the UH series is gone. 4 (was 5 before UH bailed) away games and 3 home games. Fortunately one of the away games is only an hour away. This year is a shame because the two away games at Nebraska and Michigan are one and dones. This could have marked two great years in a row.
2016 looks bleak. 3 away games and one neutral site 2.5 hours from the other team.
2017-2019 - Too early to tell. One positive is the home game against Nevada as part of a 2-1 deal makes it very silly to go back to the MWC. They would lose the two games they have in their favor going forward (USU and Nev).

