Archived Topic

2013 Over/Under

by SpiffCoug · 1/29/2013

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Feel free to add your own over/under in the thread itself. In addition to poll question:



Over/Under 1,200 yards rushing for Jamaal Williams.
S
StatsCougar
SpiffCoug wrote:
Feel free to add your own over/under in the thread itself. In addition to poll question:



Over/Under 1,200 yards rushing for Jamaal Williams.


Under. I think we're playing some decent run defense and I don't believe we'll have all our o-line issues solved in one year.



Over/Under, BYU will only start 1.5 QBS this year.
F
frdbtr
Under
A
ABYUFAN
StatsCougar wrote:
Feel free to add your own over/under in the thread itself. In addition to poll question:



Over/Under 1,200 yards rushing for Jamaal Williams.


Under. I think we're playing some decent run defense and I don't believe we'll have all our o-line issues solved in one year.



Over/Under, BYU will only start 1.5 QBS this year.

Over.. also we don't have our oline issues sorted out



BYU produces 1.5 draft picks in the NFL draft after this year
S
Schmoe
Over: Two gimmies, Virginia hasn't been good in a long while, the Uties will not be good again, Utah St. is a mess, Bronco has GT's number, Houston is just awful, and we'll split UNR & BSU.
Advertisement
M
Mars


Best case scenario: A bowl win and a 10-3 season.



Acceptable scenario: A bowl win and a 8-5 season.
A
ABYUFAN
Schmoe wrote:
Over: Two gimmies, Virginia hasn't been good in a long while, the Uties will not be good again, Utah St. is a mess, Bronco has GT's number, Houston is just awful, and we'll split UNR & BSU.

I think that we'll sweep Reno and Boise
C
Cougs_Rule
Mars wrote:


Best case scenario: A bowl win and a 10-3 season.



Acceptable scenario: A bowl win and a 8-5 season.




Wow. Way to eclipse even Bibs despair and Spiffs no brainer 6.5. Best case is 10-3? Seems like hedging. Maybe it's a "safe best case?"

I can very easily see a best case of 11-2 ( with a second loss in a prestigious bowl game after a 11-1 season).



Look at all BYUs toughest games.



-ND on road. Defensively down from this year.

-Wisconsin on road. Most teams with a new head coach are down from previous year, even with a fired coach.

-Texas at home. Not world beaters and on the road at elevation, with some payback.

-BSU at home. Same with more recent and intense payback and not four days after Utah.

-Utah at home. About the same, except more. Four losses in a row to Utah may cost Bronco his job. It will not be "just another game." Travis meet Kyle and Bronson!!

-Middle Tenn St away. Speed makes me nervous with BYU.

-Houston same thing. But not world beaters.

-Nevada. no Kapernick. Nuf said.



Yes, overall a tough schedule. But I bet optimism is up over 2012. Solid D coming back. Offense? I will politely stop there since most know what I would say. Lets just say Williams, improved Oline (hard to get much worse) TIGHT END, and well, two QBs better than the last three.



I guess I would go with acceptable but somewhat disappointing at 8-5. It could be Broncos new mantra: "8 wins two years in a row." ;)
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:


Best case scenario: A bowl win and a 10-3 season.



Acceptable scenario: A bowl win and a 8-5 season.




Wow. Way to eclipse even Bibs despair and Spiffs no brainer 6.5. Best case is 10-3? Seems like hedging. Maybe it's a "safe best case?"

I can very easily see a best case of 11-2 ( with a second loss in a prestigious bowl game after a 11-1 season).



Look at all BYUs toughest games.



-ND on road. Defensively down from this year.

-Wisconsin on road. Most teams with a new head coach are down from previous year, even with a fired coach.

-Texas at home. Not world beaters and on the road at elevation, with some payback.

-BSU at home. Same with more recent and intense payback and not four days after Utah.

-Utah at home. About the same, except more. Four losses in a row to Utah may cost Bronco his job. It will not be "just another game." Travis meet Kyle and Bronson!!

-Middle Tenn St away. Speed makes me nervous with BYU.

-Houston same thing. But not world beaters.

-Nevada. no Kapernick. Nuf said.



Yes, overall a tough schedule. But I bet optimism is up over 2012. Solid D coming back. Offense? I will politely stop there since most know what I would say. Lets just say Williams, improved Oline (hard to get much worse) TIGHT END, and well, two QBs better than the last three.



I guess I would go with acceptable but somewhat disappointing at 8-5. It could be Broncos new mantra: "8 wins two years in a row." ;)


What do you PREDICT will happen?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Wow. Way to eclipse even Bibs despair and Spiffs no brainer 6.5. Best case is 10-3? Seems like hedging. Maybe it's a "safe best case?"

I went with 6.5 wins, because looking at the schedule I see nine or ten very loseable games. I can easily see BYU getting off to a very bad start and there isn't much on the schedule to recover from a bad start.



I'm pretty pessimistic - this early - on the 2013 season. I posted my predictions and had us losing seven games I think.



Over/under: 20 TD passes from Taysom Hill.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Under. If Taysom can't deliver a consistent passing game, Anae will get Olsen. And if he does pass consistently, he will also rush for a bunch of TDs as well.



OVER/UNDER: BYU will pass for 20 TDs next year.
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Under. If Taysom can't deliver a consistent passing game, Anae will get Olsen. And if he does pass consistently, he will also rush for a bunch of TDs as well.



OVER/UNDER: BYU will pass for 20 TDs next year.


Let's get this straight. You criticise The Bibster gloom and doom for predicting 5 losses to 6 losses including a Bowl Game and then crticise the OP for 6.5 wins being a no brainer and then you pick UNDER? Under 6.5 wins or under something else.

?



Never mind. I get it. You are predicting under 20 TD passes by T Hill but that his replacement, A Olsen will get the 20.



How many games will BYU win next year including post season? You seem to be predicting Hill will flame out, but somehow we are going to win a bunch of games anyway.



We know our schedule now. We know we will be rebuilding the offensive coaching staff and rebuilding OL, QB, TE, FB and lack experienced depth and learning a new scheme.



We know Hoff and KVN stayed for their senior years.



We know 29 seniors graduated and defense will need to rebuild. We lost our punter extraordinary and our gunner on punting team - Nelson. IDK about our kicker. Recruiting is goung so so.



Can you predict how many games BYU will lose including a bowl game?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
SpiffCoug wrote:
Wow. Way to eclipse even Bibs despair and Spiffs no brainer 6.5. Best case is 10-3? Seems like hedging. Maybe it's a "safe best case?"

I went with 6.5 wins, because looking at the schedule I see nine or ten very loseable games. I can easily see BYU getting off to a very bad start and there isn't much on the schedule to recover from a bad start.



I'm pretty pessimistic - this early - on the 2013 season. I posted my predictions and had us losing seven games I think.



Over/under: 20 TD passes from Taysom Hill.


Pretty pessimistic? This would be a horrible season at 6 wins and Bronco would have diminishing job security, saved only by "the hardest" schedule. Although it will be interesting in one year to size up the 2012 and 2013 SOS post-facto.
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Wow. Way to eclipse even Bibs despair and Spiffs no brainer 6.5. Best case is 10-3? Seems like hedging. Maybe it's a "safe best case?"

I went with 6.5 wins, because looking at the schedule I see nine or ten very loseable games. I can easily see BYU getting off to a very bad start and there isn't much on the schedule to recover from a bad start.



I'm pretty pessimistic - this early - on the 2013 season. I posted my predictions and had us losing seven games I think.



Over/under: 20 TD passes from Taysom Hill.


Pretty pessimistic? This would be a horrible season at 6 wins and Bronco would have diminishing job security, saved only by "the hardest" schedule. Although it will be interesting in one year to size up the 2012 and 2013 SOS post-facto.


Both seasons were tough. But 2012 had a couple of more games that would be impossible to lose. 2012 had 4 or so sure wins. 2013 only has 2 sure wins.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Cougarbib wrote:
Under. If Taysom can't deliver a consistent passing game, Anae will get Olsen. And if he does pass consistently, he will also rush for a bunch of TDs as well.



OVER/UNDER: BYU will pass for 20 TDs next year.


Let's get this straight. You criticise The Bibster gloom and doom for predicting 5 losses to 6 losses including a Bowl Game and then crticise the OP for 6.5 wins being a no brainer and then you pick UNDER? Under 6.5 wins or under something else.

?



Never mind. I get it. You are predicting under 20 TD passes by T Hill but that his replacement, A Olsen will get the 20.



How many games will BYU win next year including post season? You seem to be predicting Hill will flame out, but somehow we are going to win a bunch of games anyway.



We know our schedule now. We know we will be rebuilding the offensive coaching staff and rebuilding OL, QB, TE, FB and lack experienced depth and learning a new scheme.



We know Hoff and KVN stayed for their senior years.



We know 29 seniors graduated and defense will need to rebuild. We lost our punter extraordinary and our gunner on punting team - Nelson. IDK about our kicker. Recruiting is goung so so.



Can you predict how many games BYU will lose including a bowl game?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Ok, I'm going to try and play nice.



You sort of figured out with some ASS-U-ME-ing, so I'm going to clear at least that I'm not one. Oops, see, that didn't last long. ;-)



If THill doesn't get injured, he will throw for about 15-18 TDS and run for about 10-15. Even Anae will see his speed and be unable to resist. Could be a Kapernick-ing-like outcome where his speed will be so omnipresent that Defenses will have to shut him down first and then he can hand off to JW or Lasike for a bunch of running TDs.



But, if THill isnt producing a consistent passing game, consistent enough to be able to produce the 20 passing TDs, Anae will not be so duped by a running qb, nor will he keep "loyalties" and make statements like "[ya, but] he's tougher than all of us" AND he WILL have the autonomy to decide which QB to use. In which case, he will pick the better passer, which if THill can't produce, will be probably be Olsen. (Don't even go there with Munns--if he's our qb, then he will have undergone a miracle transformation or Hill and Olsen will be injured AND then, we will be very, very predictable and almost one-dimensional).



But, to summarize, I'm not picking Olsen over Hill, though that can't be ruled out just yet. but if THill can't produce a consistent passing game, he won't be getting 20 passing TDs. So, Under.

If he can produce, even then Anae will use A "balance first" (not to be confused with "run-first" aka Doman style "qb run first") and he will use a read option red zone that will produce a bunch of qb run TDs and RB running TDs. I know, a little convoluted.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
So after all the ifs and buts and cups if nuts



How many losses including the Bowl Game do you predict will actually happen? IDK is an acceptable answer if you just do not know. Kind of a humbling answer though after being so critical of predictions made by posters that actually went on record and made one.



How Many?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
If we go 11-2 on next years schedule, it will be one of the greatest seasons in BYU football history. It would be the best except we wouldn't win a NC with it so it would have to come in second to 84. 96 was an awesome year and a very good team but had a cakewalk sched compared to 13.
G
Guest
Cougarbib wrote:
So after all the ifs and buts and cups if nuts



How many losses including the Bowl Game do you predict will actually happen? IDK is an acceptable answer if you just do not know. Kind of a humbling answer though after being so critical of predictions made by posters that actually went on record and made one.



How Many?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


This is the over/under thread. If you want to start a thread about actual predictions, please do so, but that's not the purpose of this topic.
C
Cougs_Rule
Oh, and just for you Bibster, the "I'm going to call you out on your prediction next year-ster", I'm going with OVER because my low end, as posted above and as Mars suggested, "acceptable" is 8-5.

However, my higher end and actual prediction is 11-2, with a loss in a major bowl game. Yep, maybe optimistic, but with a strong D, almost as strong as 2012, and certainly top 15, and an All-American and top two rounds draft pick in KVN and a future NFLer in Kaufusi (mark that prediction); and with an Anae offense led my hard-nosed, return to discipline, much improved Oline, total stud of a RB in JW (unless Atuaia goes all-poly on us and starts Alisa in his place) and a synergistic, read-option duo with JW and TH and an All-American (by numbers) WR, the return of the Anae TEs, and a schedule that looks in reality not as hard as it doesn't on paper and in comparison to 2012, yes, next season will be better by record, production offensively (at least two wins better than 2012); and of course, no thread or prediction by me with out some mention of (cough) no Riley Nelson, sorry, AND yes, sow it up and call me on it you old geezer, 11-2 in 2013. There, happy? Now go drink some prune juice. ;-)
F
frdbtr
In my earlier post i said "under" in reference to Jamal Williams getting 1200 yards rushing.



over/under, Hoff gets more than 1200 yards recieving.
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.