Archived Topic

New coaching hires

by trueblue72 · 1/29/2013

Advertisement
T
trueblue72
I spoke with a family member of one of the possible coaching candidates in attempt to get any info to pass along. Although this is a second hand account what I was told was somewhat disturbing to me.



He said that Bronco is sending his bro-in-law tape and having him break it down, this is a good sign to me that this candidate is getting close to the end of the process. The disturbing part to me is according to the candidate this process is likely to go on for another couple of weeks; I can't imagine that this much uncertainty can be good.



I have no inside knowledge, but those that have what are you hearing? Are you hearing this long of a wait or are the positions closer to being filled than we think?
W
Wickchad
Sounds like maybe Bronco has learned that it's important for these position coaches to have good experience. Having them actually breakdown film makes it sound like Cahoon/Dupaix may not have been very skilled at doing this. If it takes longer to make the hire but we end up with a very good coach then I'm more than willing to wait. Hopefully it doesn't affect recruiting...
F
frdbtr
Who is Bronco's brother in law that is a coaching candidate?
A
ABYUFAN
frdbtr wrote:
Who is Bronco's brother in law that is a coaching candidate?

Good question... who's getting the tape? Bronco's Brother in law or the coaching candidate's brother in law? Also what is the tape of? The coaching candidate’s earlier charges? Or is the candidate break down the film with the brother in law so his ability to break down film being evaluated?



PS 2 more weeks to get the right guy doesn't bother me... after the Cahoon let go, Roderick not coming, fiasco I can put up with anything....
T
trueblue72
frdbtr wrote:
Who is Bronco's brother in law that is a coaching candidate?




Not Bronco's bro-in-law, my friend is the coaching candidate's bro-in-law and the candidate is the person getting film to evaluate. He would be the Qb coach.
Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
I am assuming this is Paul Peterson. It seems as though he would be the likeliest candidate. But maybe it is Ty Detmer...ha ha ha.
T
trueblue72
Cougarpoke wrote:
I am assuming this is Paul Peterson. It seems as though he would be the likeliest candidate. But maybe it is Ty Detmer...ha ha ha.


Keep guessing.... Jason Beck. Not a high profile guy but was a GA, QB coach at Weber and now is the OC at Simon Frasier (DII)
Q
Qman
Cougarpoke wrote:
I am assuming this is Paul Peterson. It seems as though he would be the likeliest candidate. But maybe it is Ty Detmer...ha ha ha.


It is strange to hear Paul Peterson name. I went to elemetary school, middle school and high school with him. I remember beating him at pickup basketball.
P
pjmuli
trueblue72 wrote:
I spoke with a family member of one of the possible coaching candidates in attempt to get any info to pass along. Although this is a second hand account what I was told was somewhat disturbing to me.



He said that Bronco is sending his bro-in-law tape and having him break it down, this is a good sign to me that this candidate is getting close to the end of the process. The disturbing part to me is according to the candidate this process is likely to go on for another couple of weeks; I can't imagine that this much uncertainty can be good.



I have no inside knowledge, but those that have what are you hearing? Are you hearing this long of a wait or are the positions closer to being filled than we think?


Dick Harmon said yesterday on the radio that they likely would not announce the hires until after LOI day. There is probably a lot going into this...perhaps even producing a buffer for Detmer in the event they could have persuaded him.
F
frdbtr
trueblue72 wrote:
I am assuming this is Paul Peterson. It seems as though he would be the likeliest candidate. But maybe it is Ty Detmer...ha ha ha.


Keep guessing.... Jason Beck. Not a high profile guy but was a GA, QB coach at Weber and now is the OC at Simon Frasier (DII)


Not as high profile as Detmer but more coaching experience at the college level. I like this candidate.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Qman wrote:
I am assuming this is Paul Peterson. It seems as though he would be the likeliest candidate. But maybe it is Ty Detmer...ha ha ha.


It is strange to hear Paul Peterson name. I went to elemetary school, middle school and high school with him. I remember beating him at pickup basketball.


There goes your free VIP season tickets. :D
C
Cougs_Rule
Classic (and to some degree understandable) Overcorrection? Bronco said he would never do a QB2 situation again. Check. Done. Well done, as in crispy and burnt.



Never hire an inexperienced guy again? At least not without an entrance exam to prove competency? Sure looks like it. Just not sure why it would take four weeks.
F
Florwood
frdbtr wrote:
Cougarpoke wrote:
I am assuming this is Paul Peterson. It seems as though he would be the likeliest candidate. But maybe it is Ty Detmer...ha ha ha.


Keep guessing.... Jason Beck. Not a high profile guy but was a GA, QB coach at Weber and now is the OC at Simon Frasier (DII)


Not as high profile as Detmer but more coaching experience at the college level. I like this candidate.


And he won every game he started at BYU.
C
Cougs_Rule
You're kidding right?
B
BroncoBot
Cougs_Rule wrote:
You're kidding right?

cougs, who you talkin to?
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Florwood.
B
BroncoBot
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Florwood.

I think it's true, Ja. Beck never lost a game at BYU. Not even Heaps did that.
F
frdbtr
He only started one game against utah state. He played in 04 against Stanford and threw a ton of interceptions. How well he played at BYU has nothing to do with his coaching ability though.
B
BroncoBot
frdbtr wrote:
He only started one game against utah state. He played in 04 against Stanford and threw a ton of interceptions. How well he played at BYU has nothing to do with his coaching ability though.

Still doesn't change the fact that he never lost, and I completely agree with your take on his coaching ability.
S
snoscythe
I thought Holmoe said Anae has full rein on the hiring of the offensive staff with input from Bronco and occasionally TH himself--so why is Bronco sending tape to candidates for breakdown and not Anae?
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.