Archived Topic

Detmer is out for this year. His choice.

by Lawboy · 1/26/2013

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
https://mobile.twitter.com/TyDetmer14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;





@Cougarblitz84 thanks Aaron! Not gonna happen this year. Never say never though. Ha
D
Ddawg
:~( Sadness. I was keeping my fingers crossed. Oh well - next.
C
Cougarpoke
I saw this yesterday and was a little dissappointed, but not surprised. He appears to be very happy down in Texas where he has a ranch, a laid back job, and lots of money. I don't buy into all the rumors that Ty hates Bronco, Anae, etc. I just think he likes his life right now. I am sad, but also very intrigued. If Ty is not coming, then who the heck is, and why the FREAK is it taking so long?
S
SpiffCoug
Cougarpoke wrote:
I saw this yesterday and was a little dissappointed, but not surprised. He appears to be very happy down in Texas where he has a ranch, a laid back job, and lots of money. I don't buy into all the rumors that Ty hates Bronco, Anae, etc. I just think he likes his life right now. I am sad, but also very intrigued. If Ty is not coming, then who the heck is, and why the FREAK is it taking so long?

it's taking so long, because apparently the search was over (Roderick) and then wasn't and the guy they've spent the last week courting isn't coming so they're now back to square one for who they want to bring in.



It's taking so long, because BYU is striking out with the coaches they're going after.
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
I saw this yesterday and was a little dissappointed, but not surprised. He appears to be very happy down in Texas where he has a ranch, a laid back job, and lots of money. I don't buy into all the rumors that Ty hates Bronco, Anae, etc. I just think he likes his life right now. I am sad, but also very intrigued. If Ty is not coming, then who the heck is, and why the FREAK is it taking so long?

it's taking so long, because apparently the search was over (Roderick) and then wasn't and the guy they've spent the last week courting isn't coming so they're now back to square one for who they want to bring in.



It's taking so long, because BYU is striking out with the coaches they're going after.


Deja Vu. Time to appreciate who we have got.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarpoke
Aren't there two positions to fill? I understand the Roderdick (intentional) situation, but there was still an opening. Perhaps they are striking out with coaches, but it is still taking an alarming long time.
S
stuckinbig10country
Is anyone else concerned that they've run a bunch of coaches over the last few years, and now now one wants to come coach here? Doman may have deserved to go, but bringing in Anae now seems dumber than ever.
C
Cougarbib
Cougarpoke wrote:
Aren't there two positions to fill? I understand the Roderdick (intentional) situation, but there was still an opening. Perhaps they are striking out with coaches, but it is still taking an alarming long time.




There are two unless one or two of Doman, Cahoon, or Dupaix stay. One of them definitely has to go or be moved to a staff position that does not count towards the limit.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Is anyone else concerned that they've run a bunch of coaches over the last few years, and now now one wants to come coach here? Doman may have deserved to go, but bringing in Anae now seems dumber than ever.


No one ever wants to coach here - or at least the coaches fans want.



How many times since Lavell Edwards has the list been grieved over and one by one they decline and we usually hire someone very light on experience.



Keep in mind that aftet the usual list declined after Crowton, then Kwhitt turned us down so we have Bronco after BYU first flirted with the idea of putting Reynolds in there.



After LaVell, same list said no, so we got Crowton and his pals and all of tbe baggage that came along with that.



This time, maybe they tried harder or Detmer thought seriously about coming so it took longer to get to the reality of who will live in Provo and work for peanuts.



I would, but my wife won't let me.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
It's looking more and more like the Three Nephites will be on the sidelines this year, which would explain the dearth of press releases---can't exactly announce to the world that your new coaches don't have valid SSNs or green cards....
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
snoscythe wrote:
It's looking more and more like the Three Nephites will be on the sidelines this year, which would explain the dearth of press releases---can't exactly announce to the world that your new coaches don't have valid SSNs or green cards....


And that's the hold up! There's only two spots open......
C
Cougarbib
BoiseBYU wrote:
It's looking more and more like the Three Nephites will be on the sidelines this year, which would explain the dearth of press releases---can't exactly announce to the world that your new coaches don't have valid SSNs or green cards....


And that's the hold up! There's only two spots open......


Maybe one could take Atuaia's old job until a spot opens up. Wait - The three Nephites are not Polynesian. This is going to cause issues with Vai.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Good Ones. Funny.
C
CougarClaw
Nephite > Polynesian.



Haven't you see the Arnold Friberg paintings?
C
Cougs_Rule
I thought....



Polynesian = Nephite.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
CougarClaw wrote:
Nephite > Polynesian.



Haven't you see the Arnold Friberg paintings?


I am on the road again - Las Vegas. I keep running into Hawaiians. They love Las Vegas. Pop a picture of the 3 Nephites and I will ask a Hawaiian if they pass muster as Polys.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
Just my 2 cents worth - but - if there ever was a time when Ty Detmer would become part of the BYU coaching staff this was it. This was the perfect storm. A big turnover on the Offensive side of the all. A new OC, new OL coach, a talented, an athletically gifted Sophomore QB in Taysom Hill. I feel that if Ty was to ever come help BYU achieve the Offensive greatness that it's capable of - this was the year.



My 2 cent conclusion? We will never see Ty Detmer coaching football at BYU, and that disappoints me. Ty has a great life for his family and himself on his ranch in Texas, and who can blame him for his decision.
S
scott715
I glad that he was even considered. Maybe down the road once his girls are all in college.
G
golong
From what has been written, Anae should be bringing in "his people" I truly hope he has an offensive wizard on the hook out there.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.