Archived Topic

13th Game

by Y 4 Ever · 1/18/2013

Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
Do we know yet whether or not Holmoe will schedule a 13th game? I haven't heard either way, and I'm hoping that we do...but I fear we won't, just like we didn't in 2011.



Here's to hoping for 13 in '13
K
KingCoug
There won't be one and I don't think there should be one. BYU doesn't need the money and it's just more wear and tear on the team.
S
scott715
Rumor is that a surprise in the schedule is coming later this month.
F
Fido
Aren't we still waiting to hear about the 12th game? ;)
F
Fido
Never mind--now I see the Idaho State game announcement.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Fido wrote:
Never mind--now I see the Idaho State game announcement.


With a name like Fido, you should have smelled that dog coming.



:) :) :)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wickchad
KingCoug wrote:
There won't be one and I don't think there should be one. BYU doesn't need the money and it's just more wear and tear on the team.


cuz who would want to watch more BYU football, we should also decline any bowl invitations because we don't need the money and our student athletes could get hurt.
C
Cougarbib
Wickchad84087 wrote:
There won't be one and I don't think there should be one. BYU doesn't need the money and it's just more wear and tear on the team.


cuz who would want to watch more BYU football, we should also decline any bowl invitations because we don't need the money and our student athletes could get hurt.


Mixed feelings for me. 1996 15 games. Maybe 1 too many.



Risking a loss or wearing down the team or risking injury can effect post season and rankings. On the other hand, I would love to see BYU play every single week of the year. So, grab a late season rollover game at home to help ensure bowl eligibility since we will need every win we can get in 2013.



If we had a shot at being undefeated - then I would vote no.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
Someone just told me that BYUtv had a commercial for True Blue for this Monday that said the final schedule will be announced. Have not seen the commercial myself, but would not be surprised.



By the way, I expect some changes. Hawaii game has to be moved. And if there is a 13th game, I buy the UNLV rumor over all others. HEaring we are adding 2 years to make it a 4-year deal now, 2013-16. With their new stadium being done 2017, that makes sense to me.



Missouri game in KC neutral seems a bit crazy to me. I;d really be shocked if that one happened. Make for a really tough 6-6-1 schedule.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Lawboy wrote:
Someone just told me that BYUtv had a commercial for True Blue for this Monday that said the final schedule will be announced. Have not seen the commercial myself, but would not be surprised.



By the way, I expect some changes. Hawaii game has to be moved. And if there is a 13th game, I buy the UNLV rumor over all others. HEaring we are adding 2 years to make it a 4-year deal now, 2013-16. With their new stadium being done 2017, that makes sense to me.



Missouri game in KC neutral seems a bit crazy to me. I;d really be shocked if that one happened. Make for a really tough 6-6-1 schedule.


Ya, but if one argument against a 13th game is season ticket holders having to buy 7 games with the extra game being a garbage game (whining babies), then it might make sense to go with a neutral site game for the 13th game.



I want as many fball games as I can get - bring in an FBS patsy for the last game. Even New Mexico St - I just want the game!
Advertisement
S
scott715
There are a few very good home games this year. Getting a 7th cupcake should not be an issue.
K
KingCoug
Wickchad84087 wrote:
There won't be one and I don't think there should be one. BYU doesn't need the money and it's just more wear and tear on the team.


cuz who would want to watch more BYU football, we should also decline any bowl invitations because we don't need the money and our student athletes could get hurt.


A meaningless, pointless 13th game and a bowl game? Bad comparison.
C
Cougarbib
Y 4 Ever wrote:
Someone just told me that BYUtv had a commercial for True Blue for this Monday that said the final schedule will be announced. Have not seen the commercial myself, but would not be surprised.



By the way, I expect some changes. Hawaii game has to be moved. And if there is a 13th game, I buy the UNLV rumor over all others. HEaring we are adding 2 years to make it a 4-year deal now, 2013-16. With their new stadium being done 2017, that makes sense to me.



Missouri game in KC neutral seems a bit crazy to me. I;d really be shocked if that one happened. Make for a really tough 6-6-1 schedule.


Ya, but if one argument against a 13th game is season ticket holders having to buy 7 games with the extra game being a garbage game (whining babies), then it might make sense to go with a neutral site game for the 13th game.



I want as many fball games as I can get - bring in an FBS patsy for the last game. Even New Mexico St - I just want the game!


Neutral site is great if the site is actually neutral. Problem is that fan travel issues make it hard for truly neutral site games to work. BYU ND in So. CAL would work since both have a west coast fan base. BYU Utah in Las Vegas. That kind of stuff. USU in RES or Las Vegas. Basically regional stuff or the few teams with a national fan base.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
scott715 wrote:
There are a few very good home games this year. Getting a 7th cupcake should not be an issue.


There are several great home games this year. ND should also have been coming if they played fair.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
I assume there was no news tonight seeing no chatter on the show.
Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
I heard another rumor that it might be Nevada.



I sure hope not. Lying cheaters.
S
SpiffCoug
CougarClaw wrote:
I heard another rumor that it might be Nevada.



I sure hope not. Lying cheaters & cheap-shot artists.

Fixed your post.
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
I heard another rumor that it might be Nevada.



I sure hope not. Lying cheaters & cheap-shot artists.

Fixed your post.


Beggars cannot be Choosers. Since nobody seems to dare come to Provo, play the suckers. If you hate them so much - Victory will be sweeter.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
JamieVallen
Every so often I'll check the MWC board... Not very interesting, for the most part, but sometimes enjoyable to see what our former conference foes are talking about, but I happened to run across this very thread. "Hide your wife, hide your kids!" We're being watched! and apparently you shouldn't use the word Reno when refering to the University of Nevada, it might just piss the wolf pack off... (or something like that)
F
fbguru
JamieVallen wrote:
Every so often I'll check the MWC board... Not very interesting, for the most part, but sometimes enjoyable to see what our former conference foes are talking about, but I happened to run across this very thread. "Hide your wife, hide your kids!" We're being watched! and apparently you shouldn't use the word Reno when refering to the University of Nevada, it might just piss the wolf pack off... (or something like that)


Yeah, sorry. A BYU fan on there asked if anyone else had heard the rumors of a BYU-UNR series. One UNR fan had. They asked for a source, and the only other place I had seen the rumor was this thread. So I linked it.



Funny how insecure UNR fans are about being referred to as UNR or Reno.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.