Archived Topic

TH Tweet

by Cougs_Rule · 1/18/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Tom Holmoe @TomHolmoe

Folks, Bronco is calling shots on new coaches with Robert. I am there for support and counsel if needed.

14 minutes ago



I know I should accept this at face value, but there is always more to the message than meets the eye, IMO.



What do you guys think about this? Is TH getting hammered or pestereed by boosters/fans with emails, etc about coaching decisions? Is he creating "plausible deniability?" Sort of a cover from any backlash?
G
Guest
You're reading too much into it.



Fans are claiming that Holmoe is behind the moves. He's not, Bronco and Anae are.
B
BroncoBot
I was wondering the same thing. very interesting and probably directed at a small group of people. me thinks boosters.
G
Gunk
hawkwing wrote:
You're reading too much into it.



Fans are claiming that Holmoe is behind the moves. He's not, Bronco and Anae are.


That's what I read it to mean.



Sure TH is invested in the program, but Bronco is his guy. I don't think there is some larger motive on TH's part to undermine Bronco or take control from Bronco. I certainly hope not, at least. Bronco is a better coach than TH IMO.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Damage control and CYA IMHO.



Fans demanded change

TH said there would be change and "It Will All Be Good"

Fans wanted Andy Reid, Ty Detmer, Weber's predecessor, Cahoon, and maybe Dupaix

Fans got what they got - not what they wanted

The most satisfying part - beating U to Roderick - backfired

Some fans probably questioning whether this is "All Good"



BTW - I am OK with the changes. Nothing spectacular. Probably solid after learning to work together. About what one should have expected.



We are who we are. When does next season start? As always - I can't wait.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
There could be some backlash around the WR coach spot. ARod duped BYU big time. And BYU might lose Cahoon in addition. That's a lose-lose end. And some folks have to be ticked and wondering who is running this selection process.
S
snoscythe
He's getting deluged with tweets from fans who think they know what should be done.
D
Ddawg
hawkwing wrote:
You're reading too much into it.



Fans are claiming that Holmoe is behind the moves. He's not, Bronco and Anae are.


+1. I'm sure Holmoe has left his door open for consultation and to be used as a sounding board. My guess is, that doesn't happen.



It's Bronco's shop, and Robert's Offensive show. So, my guess is, it's Bronco and Robert evaluating, interviewing, consulting, and making the decisions. I suspect collectively as a team.
C
Cougs_Rule
I'm just suggesting that TH has tweeted veiled messages before that have face alue MSG and have an intended plausible message: "yes, I know, things need to change" (words to that effect)
G
Guest
Cougs_Rule wrote:
I'm just suggesting that TH has tweeted veiled messages before that have face alue MSG and have an intended plausible message: "yes, I know, things need to change" (words to that effect)


I don't buy that. I don't see Tom Holmoe as a sneaky underhanded guy, despite his time at CAL. I have never seen any of his tweets as veiled messages. I see them as a guy who is refreshingly honest in what he says and means exactly that.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Fair enough. I'm not implying sneaky as much as he certainly is "managing perceptions" through the use of social media.

If he were honest and frank, He would have said, "some coaching changes are in the works".

I have talked to TH a few times. Pretty sharp and savvy man. But to suggest he doesn't "play"/massage his messages, is a little understated. I guarantee you he chooses his social media words very carefully and intentionally.
S
SpiffCoug
Cougs_Rule wrote:
I'm just suggesting that TH has tweeted veiled messages before that have face alue MSG and have an intended plausible message: "yes, I know, things need to change" (words to that effect)

Actually, what you are suggesting is: There's gotta be a conspiracy here somewhere. Maybe Riley is involved somehow or there is a rift between Bronco and Holmoe and I just haven't figured it out yet.



That's what you're saying. You just need more time to figure out the "real" story.
G
Guest
I've met Tom a few times myself and talked to him at length. I've found him to be open and honest. The kind of man that says what he means and means what he says.



But also smart enough to not say what he shouldn't when he shouldn't. Good qualities for an athletic director to have.
C
Cougs_Rule
SpiffCoug wrote:
I'm just suggesting that TH has tweeted veiled messages before that have face alue MSG and have an intended plausible message: "yes, I know, things need to change" (words to that effect)

Actually, what you are suggesting is: There's gotta be a conspiracy here somewhere. Maybe Riley is involved somehow or there is a rift between Bronco and Holmoe and I just haven't figured it out yet.



That's what you're saying. You just need more time to figure out the "real" story.


Wrong. Sorry. Although you guys are starting to look like TH's henchmen if you keep this up.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.