Archived Topic

An obviously misleading, but interesting, observation

by Dcr36 · 11/23/2009

Advertisement
D
Dcr36
1. Suppose you have Team X, who belongs to Conference X.



2. Team X plays 4 non-conference games. In these games, they go 3-1.



3. In those 4 games, you have: a win against a Big 12 team that, despite a lackluster season, will beat a Big 12 ranked team and play another Big 12 ranked team to the wire; a win against a team that's currently tied for first place in the WAC; and a 3-point loss against what was, for most of the season, one of the surprise "feel good' teams of the year.



4. Team X subsequently loses all of their conference games up until now.



Naturally, I would assume one of two things: either Team X lost their star QB/RB or something similar, or Team X plays in a pretty strong conference.



Obviously, I'm talking about Colorado State. Like I said in the title, this doesn't prove anything, other than the fact that CSU seemed to suffer a early-season meltdown. But in a vague sort of way, it does look good for the MWC.
S
scott715
It does look good but what happened with CSU? they even lost to NM. I hope they come back next year. They should be the #4/#5 team in conference. I am not aware of any big injury or loss. Both CSU and NM disappeared this year.
M
Mars
scott715 wrote:
It does look good but what happened with CSU? they even lost to NM. I hope they come back next year. They should be the #4/#5 team in conference. I am not aware of any big injury or loss. Both CSU and NM disappeared this year.

Wasn't Donovan Porterie finally a senior this season, after what seems like 6 years? Because New Mexico will be much worse without him than they are with him.
S
Schmoe
Yeah, CSU had a down season and Fairchild has some more work (and crying and whining) to do. But UNM, man, I see them hanging out at the bottom for years to come.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.