Archived Topic

Doman cleans out office

by a1247 · 1/18/2013

Advertisement
A
a1247
Per a tweet from Dick Harmon



Harmonwrites Just before tip-off BYU-SMC, Brandon Doman and his wife Alisha cleaned out his fbl office in the Student Athletic Building Wednesday.

34 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
C
Cougarbib
I am sorry that things have not worked out for Doman. Hopefully his BYU legacy as player and QB coach will be what he is remembered for.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Still time for Doman to affect his BYU legacy.



Just like Heaps benefited from a "time out" in 2011 (he stunk early, but played better later) and will likely benefit from an RS at Kansas. Sometimes it's helpful to get away from a situation, clear your head and when you come back to it, your perspective is changed for the better and you can better do your job.



So maybe some time away from BYU will help Doman should he ever come back.
G
Guest
Doman will always be fondly remembered for his playing time here, and rightfully so.
J
jonnylingo
This is sad. While I am glad he is no longer oc I am still sad. he is a byu guy through and through. i hope that he succeeds in whatever he does and would love to see him back at byu someday.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
jonnylingo wrote:
This is sad. While I am glad he is no longer oc I am still sad. he is a byu guy through and through. i hope that he succeeds in whatever he does and would love to see him back at byu someday.


+1 and Ditto. I was hoping Brandon would stick around. I can imagine, there was a somber mood when Mr. and Mrs. Doman cleaned out his office yesterday. I bet the ride home was pretty quiet. Not fun.
F
frdbtr
I've been layed off from jobs that I loved before. Very depressing. You can pick yourself back up and make everything better though. I would love to see Doman land on his feet somewhere else and have him back at BYU sometime in the future.
C
Cougarbib
frdbtr wrote:
I've been layed off from jobs that I loved before. Very depressing. You can pick yourself back up and make everything better though. I would love to see Doman land on his feet somewhere else and have him back at BYU sometime in the future.


It would be very difficult for either side to reunite. With Anae the "he left on his own" was apparently face-saving enough.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Ugh...feel for him.



Hope he lands somewhere and can put this all behind him. If I understand correctly, though, Doman was given the opportunity to stay at BYU. He chose not to. I get and understand why he would choose not to stay.



I feel for his family. Having been laid off, it's no fun. Hopefully he was wise with this earnings. As a work mentor of mine once said, "Live modestly because you never know when the gravvy train is going to stop."
A
ABYUFAN
Gunk wrote:
Ugh...feel for him.



Hope he lands somewhere and can put this all behind him. If I understand correctly, though, Doman was given the opportunity to stay at BYU. He chose not to. I get and understand why he would choose not to stay.



I feel for his family. Having been laid off, it's no fun. Hopefully he was wise with this earnings. As a work mentor of mine once said, "Live modestly because you never know when the gravvy train is going to stop."

That's what several people with actual facts to support their position would have us believe. At this point, it really doesn't matter to me. He's moving on, and I will to. I believe that this has been a mistake and want to be proven wrong. However, so far, like with letting Coach Cahoon go, all signs piont to this being one big huge screwup going down.
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
Cougarbib wrote:
I've been layed off from jobs that I loved before. Very depressing. You can pick yourself back up and make everything better though. I would love to see Doman land on his feet somewhere else and have him back at BYU sometime in the future.


It would be very difficult for either side to reunite. With Anae the "he left on his own" was apparently face-saving enough.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Who knows though. Doman is technically leaving "on his own" just as we all thought Anae was "leaving on his own" back in 2010. I'd be surprised if he was back anytime in the next 5-8 years but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in time.



I really wish we could see Doman as OC with a new O-line coach and without Riley Nelson.
C
Cougarbib
Dup entry deleted.
C
Cougarbib
Stirfry wrote:
frdbtr wrote:
I've been layed off from jobs that I loved before. Very depressing. You can pick yourself back up and make everything better though. I would love to see Doman land on his feet somewhere else and have him back at BYU sometime in the future.


It would be very difficult for either side to reunite. With Anae the "he left on his own" was apparently face-saving enough.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Who knows though. Doman is technically leaving "on his own" just as we all thought Anae was "leaving on his own" back in 2010. I'd be surprised if he was back anytime in the next 5-8 years but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in time.



I really wish we could see Doman as OC with a new O-line coach and without Riley Nelson.


Well - actually



You did see him wirhout Riley Nelson five scenarios



A ton of Jake Heaps in 2011

Two starts, BSU finish, and some Wildcat with Taysom Hill

Two starts and some mop up with James Lark

Some cameo appearances by Jason Munns

A smidge of Wildcat by Alex Kuresa IIRC



You also saw him with both the 2011 and 2012 OL.



You did not see him without Weber, but you did see Doman as QB coach under Robert Anae have quite a bit of success with Weber as OL coach.



You saw quite a bit. Doman was inexperienced and came in with fans expecting to see the next level immediately. As with Crowton they expected the next level up and got the next level down.



Time and experience vs traditional BYU schedules may have worked out fine. But he got a ramped up SOS with the tough games on the road. Keep in mind - you saw 10 wins in 2011 vs a more typical BYU schedule.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Stirfry
Cougarbib wrote:
Cougarbib wrote:
I've been layed off from jobs that I loved before. Very depressing. You can pick yourself back up and make everything better though. I would love to see Doman land on his feet somewhere else and have him back at BYU sometime in the future.


It would be very difficult for either side to reunite. With Anae the "he left on his own" was apparently face-saving enough.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Who knows though. Doman is technically leaving "on his own" just as we all thought Anae was "leaving on his own" back in 2010. I'd be surprised if he was back anytime in the next 5-8 years but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in time.



I really wish we could see Doman as OC with a new O-line coach and without Riley Nelson.


Well - actually



You did see him wirhout Riley Nelson five scenarios



A ton of Jake Heaps in 2011

Two starts, BSU finish, and some Wildcat with Taysom Hill

Two starts and some mop up with James Lark

Some cameo appearances by Jason Munns

A smidge of Wildcat by Alex Kuresa IIRC



You also saw him with both the 2011 and 2012 OL.



You did not see him without Weber, but you did see Doman as QB coach under Robert Anae have quite a bit of success with Weber as OL coach.



You saw quite a bit. Doman was inexperienced and came in with fans expecting to see the next level immediately. As with Crowton they expected the next level up and got the next level down.



Time and experience vs traditional BYU schedules may have worked out fine. But he got a ramped up SOS with the tough games on the road. Keep in mind - you saw 10 wins in 2011 vs a more typical BYU schedule.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Bib I must say I'm quite impressed. I haven't seen you reference the SOS for a few weeks. Was that your new years resolution maybe? ;)



Riley was ever present throughout all of 2011 and 2012 regardless of who was starting. (And based on what we've seen this off season and what some think another mediocre season may mean for this staff, Riley's legacy may linger for a long, long time.) I'm not sure a few mid-season games started by your backup QB's are much to judge a coach on either. (Not to mention those back up qb's were playing in their first real game minutes in years) I just hate to see him get run like this when there were some glaring issues with the line and QB that could have made a big difference.



He was in charge of the offense (allegedly) so he's responsible for those things but I don't know that he should have/could have changed the OL coach after 1 year and, in my humble opinion, he didn't have much of a choice on who his qb would be.
C
Cougarbib
Reply

We totally agree. He did not have much choice who to play at QB. Only 1 had any experience.



But Heaps did not just start a few mid-season games in 2011. He was the starter until he failed.



And, as I posted, BYU enjoyed success with Weber as OL coach when Anae was OC.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
I've tried to take my dog out of this fight, but I will say, if Weber had any success w Anae around, it was by Anaes hard and loud ripping the Oline a new one. Again, I would watch just above the BYU sideline after an offensive series when Anae was pissed, as he probably should have been, and he would go after them. Watching Weber was always like watching someone's uncle or bishop nicely instruct.
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
I've tried to take my dog out of this fight, but I will say, if Weber had any success w Anae around, it was by Anaes hard and loud ripping the Oline a new one. Again, I would watch just above the BYU sideline after an offensive series when Anae was pissed, as he probably should have been, and he would go after them. Watching Weber was always like watching someone's uncle or bishop nicely instruct.


Exactly. Doman failed to know his coaches and fill in where needed. Maybe Doman is too nice. Maybe he is too inexperienced. Anae got more out of Weber than Doman got.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
You know, the fact that he was cleaning out his office isn't necessarily a gold-plated assurance that he is done with BYU. After all, he was in the OC's office, which is now Anae's office--he could very well just move in down the hall at a later date, but he needed to make room for Anae to get situated.



Just food for thought before we write off Doman. Our remaining two coaches could very well be Doman and Cahoon.
C
Cougarbib
snoscythe wrote:
You know, the fact that he was cleaning out his office isn't necessarily a gold-plated assurance that he is done with BYU. After all, he was in the OC's office, which is now Anae's office--he could very well just move in down the hall at a later date, but he needed to make room for Anae to get situated.



Just food for thought before we write off Doman. Our remaining two coaches could very well be Doman and Cahoon.


This. I thought I posted this exact comment earlier.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
R
runbyu1
I really hope that is the case. I would love to see Cahoon at WR Coach and Doman still around...
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.