Archived Topic

Once the assistant situation gets sorted, Bronco's next

by Lawboy · 1/16/2013

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Bronco is on a 1-year deal. That makes zero sense for many reasons. I do not see Bronco retiring post 2013, so I expect BYU to sign him to a 3-5 year deal really soon. Tie him up longer term again.



The changes made to the staff were the prelude to this deal happening.
C
Cougarbib
Lawboy wrote:
Bronco is on a 1-year deal. That makes zero sense for many reasons. I do not see Bronco retiring post 2013, so I expect BYU to sign him to a 3-5 year deal really soon. Tie him up longer term again.



The changes made to the staff were the prelude to this deal happening.


You should know that those deals do little to tie up a coach. They can give the coach security. And Bronco is odd enough that he may view it as something you just do not do - leave early = breaking a commitment.



He may even refuse to extend until after the contract ends. Odd man.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Agreed. My guess is he goes year-to-year.so, if he has to bail, he just finishes the year and walks with honor intact.
S
Stirfry
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Agreed. My guess is he goes year-to-year.so, if he has to bail, he just finishes the year and walks with honor intact.
'



The head coach being on a year-to-year contract can't help recruiting. It'll be interesting to see how Bronco gets out of BYU eventually. It'd seem really hypocritical of him to bail on players if he's committed to them he'll stay. Most coaches it's kind of expected they'll bail eventually but Bronco talks so so much about loyalt and values it'd be tough. If he isn't committing to them he'll stay it seems it would hurt us in recruiting.
S
SpiffCoug
I thought Bronco signed a three year deal after 2010?
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
I thought Bronco signed a three year deal after 2010?

He did. 1 year left on it now.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
SpiffCoug wrote:
I thought Bronco signed a three year deal after 2010?

He did. Two of those years are already done, leaving 2013 as the last year left on his contract.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.