Archived Topic

2013 - Josh Carter OT, OG

by jvquarterback · 1/15/2013

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Potential replacement for loss of Claudell Louis on OL.
V
vrob
Gurney is saying he's committed...
J
jvquarterback
FYI he will be a true sophomore next year. That means he has 4 years to play 3.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byucougar1
http://byu.scout.com/2/1259530.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



The description of his schollie offer is what sets BYU apart from other schools and is part of the vetting process that gets the type of recruits that are best fits. Mendenhall, as described by Carter,



“It was really a different experience than I expected. We didn’t really talk much about football. We talked more about being a representative of truth, honor and virtue and being a flag-bearer and what the entails. He used The Book of Mormon, obviously, as what it means to be a BYU Cougar. After my mom and dad stopped crying, he handed me a scholarship offer and explained to me what it all entails.



“Once he offered me he asked me if I wanted some time, but I didn’t need any time and I committed to him right there. I told him that this is what I wanted and told him that I had prayed about it before and received confirmation before I walked into his office. So, I committed to him right there and he explained to me what a commitment means. We were both on the same page as far as that goes.”



I was on cloud nine after leaving Coach Mendenhall’s office,” said Carter. “First I just got my offer and committed to BYU, so I was just feeling great after coming out of Coach Mendenhall’s office. I had just committed to play for the most unique college football program in the nation! It was just great knowing that I’ll be able to represent Jesus Christ and go out and play football out on the field.



Sounds like A. Roderick needs to read this.
Advertisement
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.