Archived Topic

Who Do You Get Most Excited About At QB?

by Cougarbib · 1/15/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Munns, Hill, Olsen, Kuresa, Mangum, Green, or someone I am forgetting?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Geez - IDK.



I hate the word POTENTIAL



But BYU seems to have all points on the potential spectrum covered from unheralded Kuresa to STARS.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I'm excited about Taysom. He is one fast QB. I think that Anae will be able to do some nice run and shoot plays with him.
M
mizzoucoug
Taysom has the look and feel of a legit QB. When you look at Hall, Beck, Heaps, and Riley on the street you wouldn't necessarily think they were football players. I look at Taysom and say "I want that kid on my team." 100% subjective, I know, but there is a lot to this psychologically. The team will follow Taysom hill and I honestly think he'll end up being one of the greats.
A
a1247
Tanner! I just hope the 3 year layoff he is taking doesnt hurt him.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
Whoever ends up being the best QB. I have learned my lesson.
B
beauso79
Hill

Green/Mangum
G
Guest
I'm excited about BYU football, baby.
C
Cougs_Rule
Ditto. I'm excited we have a lot of talent presently and in the hopper. THill could really be explosive if he can be a pass first then run when wide open and not when we need a battering ram.
F
fifthqb
The option I was looking for is not listed... =)



If Hill pulls an Adrian Petersen and somehow comes out better, then it's hard not to pick him. Other guys too far out to think about it.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
There are a ton of guys on the list that I have never seen play. So IDK.
C
Cougarbib
fifthqb wrote:
The option I was looking for is not listed... =)



If Hill pulls an Adrian Petersen and somehow comes out better, then it's hard not to pick him. Other guys too far out to think about it.


Lark? Me thinks he graduated.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
craigoscarson
Go back and chek out Taysoms high school film. He's ridiculous as a qb, athlete, and leader.

We got a small taste of what I believe is a bigger, faster, stronger version of Steve Young .....IF he develops mentally like Steve did.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bULP2DjBq6k
M
Mars


As a pure, drop-back (ie BYU) style passer? Hill might not crack the Top 2.
T
tww
Cougarbib wrote:
The option I was looking for is not listed... =)



If Hill pulls an Adrian Petersen and somehow comes out better, then it's hard not to pick him. Other guys too far out to think about it.


Lark? Me thinks he graduated.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




I think 5thqb was either looking for his own name or that blond in the lingerie league.



Well you did say "most excited" and you didn't specify the team. :)
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Cougarfan87 wrote:
Whoever ends up being the best QB. I have learned my lesson.




+1. Me too.
S
SenorCougar
Taysom HIll - I watched this kid in High School and he certainly was athletic. He played QB, DB, punter, kick off, field goal kicker, and about anything else. I was at this playoff game that featured the cheap shot on Taysom by an opponent. Taysom kicks off and places the ball perfectly in the corner near the end zone. The opponent knew the only way to win was to take Taysom out when he least expected it. The linebacker went straight at Taysom from the second he kicked the ball to "take him out". What is not shown on Youtube is the next kickoff. Taysom's coach lined up his team's hardest hitter (bodyguard) next to Taysom. When this same linebacker went straight at Taysom again, this time bodyguard smashed the opponent in the thigh so hard that I heard it half way up in the MiniDome's stands. Cheapshot artist limped off the field injured and the crowd went wild. I think that the opponent's coach was later suspended.



His overall athleticism will make Taysom the guy to watch for the next few years....



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRkQJvEjhrY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
L
Lawboy
Taysom is 2-0 as a starter. I know the D won the USU game, but at least did not lose the game against a very good team. So him.
N
nuk13
And after Hill, Mangum!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.