Archived Topic

Jaime Hill to Portland State?

by Mars · 11/22/2009

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
They can have him, so we can hire Rocky Long.
A
a1247
craigoscarson wrote:
They can have him, so we can hire Rocky Long.




Who could the cougs replace him with that would make you happy? Rocky's not coming to Provo!
M
Matty-B
a1247 wrote:
They can have him, so we can hire Rocky Long.




Who could the cougs replace him with that would make you happy? Rocky's not coming to Provo!




Why not? BYU > SDSU don't you think?
C
CAFB_04-12
Long's dislike of anything Provo-Cougar is well documented.



Except, I'm sure he's pals with Bronco.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
Long's dislike of anything Provo-Cougar is well documented.



Except, I'm sure he's pals with Bronco.




I'd imagine that has to do with playing us for over a decade and losing.



Kyle Whittinghams dislike for anything Utah was probably up there too (though not because he lost to them), til he went to work for them.



Rocky Long would be a great DC here; here's to dreaming.
I
imuakahuku
I'll state it again, I would love to see either the DL or LB coach from TCU come over as the DC. Both are very familiar with TCU's D and I bet either would be able to seriously raise the level of defense at BYU.
M
Mars


Rocky would be great, but he HAATES the Cougars. Though yes, he does like his former employee Bronco.



I'd love to try and get DeWayne Walker away from NMSU before he is eventually fired 2 more years from now.



Of course, I would love to KEEP Jaime Hill as long as possible as well.
S
Schmoe
I dunno that Jaime leaves, I mean, even I'm a candidate for the job at Portland State :lol:
A
a1247
I want a D cordinator that can teach his corner backs to grow from 5-6 to 6-1 and still run a 4.4 40.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
What are the egg prices in Portland?
L
Lawboy
ABYUFAN wrote:
What are the egg prices in Portland?


Wow, that was kind of bad taste.



So Anae is up for the UNLV job, and Hill for the Port State job. That means that our coordinators have the respect of people outside of Provo. Perhaps they are better than some give them credit being.
A
ABYUFAN
Lawboy wrote:
What are the egg prices in Portland?


Wow, that was kind of bad taste.



So Anae is up for the UNLV job, and Hill for the Port State job. That means that our coordinators have the respect of people outside of Provo. Perhaps they are better than some give them credit being.




I meant it in the least possible bad tase... I was saying that if the price of eggs is super-high, then maybe he considers the job. That way, when the so-called "fans" attempt to act in bad form, they will be relegated to a less-damaging alternative (you know like Oreo cookies on the car, or plastic forks in the lawn)
E
EM_Puma
I would never advise someone who was your boss to one day become your employee, but weirder things have happened--which is the way I would have described Rocky going from HC, on his own, to DC at another MWC team. Who ever saw that coming?
S
stuckinbig10country
Rocky was born in Provo while his father was playing QB for BYU. I didn't know that there was a hatred from Coach Long towards all things BYU. I know Bronco wasn't too fond of BYU either, after they passed on him even though his brothers played at BYU, but he got over it.



As for having your former boss come and work for you, Rocky did that by hiring Bob Toledo as the offensive cooardinator. Rocky was the DC at UCLA when Toledo was the HC there.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.