Archived Topic

When Will 2013 Offensive Coaches Be Announced?

by Cougarbib · 1/12/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Just wonderin?



A lot of people have been left hanging - Coaches, Applicants, Players, Recruits, Fans, and Trolls.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
My guess is - Bronco and Tom Holmoe are playing a wicked game of "Roshambo" (rock-paper-scissors) and trying to figure this mess out. :whistle: Actually, probably not far from the truth.



With the missteps that have been made the last 2-3 years (Hill, Heaps, Anae, Doman, etc), It's obvious Bronco,TH, and Anae are acting judiciously, and trying to be wise. (I think Anae has input into who his QB coach will be, and how the Offensive coaching make-up winds up).



I'm not saying they weren't careful and wise before. But, this time, both Bronco and TH are very experienced/veteran managers and they want to make the best choice possible for the Coug football program going forward.



Certainly Doman's decision and current job searching has a huge impact. I suspect Bronco is giving Brandon Doman lots of respect and time to shop his resume, test the waters and make a decision about his future. I certainly would. I would give BD all the help I could in his job search and ultimate decision.



I wouldn't se surprised if it takes another 2-3 weeks. Then again, an announcement at the end of this coming week would also seem possible.
S
SpiffCoug
I thought I heard Tom Holmoe is going to be on True Blue in the near future (this week?) maybe he talks about it then?
C
Cougs_Rule
Yes, I would, if I were a bronco, give Doman a lot of time as well, since he let Doman take all the sins of this program on his scapegoated shoulders before getting run out town. Again, not saying Change wasn't needed, just continuing to call out the hypocrisy where I see it.

But, if BD was offered to stay as the qb coach, then yes, I suspect they are giving him a little time and cover to search, then will just move forward. I suspect Max Hall will be the new qb coach/intern.
D
Ddawg
That is reasonable and makes a lot of sense.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Yes, I would, if I were a bronco, give Doman a lot of time as well, since he let Doman take all the sins of this program on his scapegoated shoulders before getting run out town. Again, not saying Change wasn't needed, just continuing to call out the hypocrisy where I see it.

But, if BD was offered to stay as the qb coach, then yes, I suspect they are giving him a little time and cover to search, then will just move forward. I suspect Max Hall will be the new qb coach/intern.

Actually, if I were Bronco and saw that Doman was quitting the program, I'd have announced his departure yesterday - whether he had a landing spot or not. Since I'm blaming him for everything, I'd want him out of my program ASAP.
D
Ddawg
Wowzi.
C
Cougs_Rule
SpiffCoug wrote:
Yes, I would, if I were a bronco, give Doman a lot of time as well, since he let Doman take all the sins of this program on his scapegoated shoulders before getting run out town. Again, not saying Change wasn't needed, just continuing to call out the hypocrisy where I see it.

But, if BD was offered to stay as the qb coach, then yes, I suspect they are giving him a little time and cover to search, then will just move forward. I suspect Max Hall will be the new qb coach/intern.

Actually, if I were Bronco and saw that Doman was quitting the program, I'd have announced his departure yesterday - whether he had a landing spot or not. Since I'm blaming him for everything, I'd want him out of my program ASAP.


Quitting? There's that word again. Bronco may have not been able to quit Riley, But he certainly quit BD. Question: on what planet would BD have ever quit BYU? I've told you which one over and over. The one where BRONCO loves Riley more than rules; more than other players; and more than winning; just, it would appear, not more than his own job. On the planet where Doman saw that the Emperor loved his new clothes but ended up blaming Doman when he found out his wardrobe was very flawed and all of his nation and the media tried to tell him so. And when Doman realized he was going to get the blame, came out at fateful risk of his job and outed the Emperor saying, that it was the Emperor who made that choice not him. No, Doman still loves his BYU, but not under this leadership and not having had to take the fall not only for his sins but the sins of the Emperor.



I will say to Broncos credit, He may be throwing BD out of town; or boosters and Hawk may have put serious heat on TH to out BD, but Bronco wouldn't and doesn't seem to be going as far as Spiff suggests; Bronco isnt that cold, mean, heartless and hypocritical. I think he's giving Doman a little space and time and the option to stay on in his demoted state as QB coach. Otherwise, how else would Bronco ever account to the media when they ask, "but we thought you said 'Doman was the best qb coach in the country.'"
G
Gunk
They will announce when everything is final. Too many moving parts at this point and any announcement now would just create more questions.



As far as Bronco using BD as a scapegoat. Perhaps. Bronco is the H.C. as such he gets to call the shots. BD's offense sucked. No matter how much you claim BD was handed bad tools to work with or not, he still failed to get it done and make the most of what he had.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
IDK, seems like he got just about as much as was humanly possible out of RN. RN wanted to run......that's the offense he got. Bronco wanted a running, gritty qb.........that's what he got. About as much as could be extracted from an undersized, under-armed, over-hearted but oft injured qb, was. About as much as could be extracted out of a freshman, speedy, super-star in the making was, except that was even too much.

So, yes, add those problems to Domans inexperience and occasional poor play calling and yes, his offense sucked at times.

Unfortunately not near effort and nastiness was extracted out of an Oline that has been underperforming and injured for at least three years. So, if that is all BD's fault......
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Gunk wrote:
They will announce when everything is final. Too many moving parts at this point and any announcement now would just create more questions.



As far as Bronco using BD as a scapegoat. Perhaps. Bronco is the H.C. as such he gets to call the shots. BD's offense sucked. No matter how much you claim BD was handed bad tools to work with or not, he still failed to get it done and make the most of what he had.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Besides, remember in fall camp when Doman stated specifically, that Riley needs to play smarter in the pass game as well as not increase risk of getting injured? And remember when Riley came out shortly thereafter and said "he wasn't going to change"; and Bronco was presumably silent until after GT game when he admitted that Riley needed to change; and remember when TH also said after the GT game that Riley has "cost this team dearly"?

Ya, all that.
G
Guest
Don't forget playing Riley was Doman's decision. It wasn't until a change was forced that Doman said that the choice was Bronco's. that doesn't mean that the choice was always Broncos, which would certainly explain his apparent bitterness of the answer.



In the end only Bronco and Doman know how much either guy wanted any QB.
G
Gunk
Cougs_Rule wrote:
They will announce when everything is final. Too many moving parts at this point and any announcement now would just create more questions.



As far as Bronco using BD as a scapegoat. Perhaps. Bronco is the H.C. as such he gets to call the shots. BD's offense sucked. No matter how much you claim BD was handed bad tools to work with or not, he still failed to get it done and make the most of what he had.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Besides, remember in fall camp when Doman stated specifically, that Riley needs to play smarter in the pass game as well as not increase risk of getting injured? And remember when Riley came out shortly thereafter and said "he wasn't going to change"; and Bronco was presumably silent until after GT game when he admitted that Riley needed to change; and remember when TH also said after the GT game that Riley has "cost this team dearly"?

Ya, all that.


Remember when BD would call upwards of 12 option plays in one game in addition to multiple designed QB runs; thus, needlessly exposing his QB. Remember when despite Doman talking about going back to a more pass oriented offense prior to the 2012 season he still came out with an offense that was completely dependent on Riley's legs. Remember when instead of going with Lark, BD went with Hill because Hill better matched the QB-run oriented offense better.



Remember how horrible of game BD called when he was forced to use a pass first QB?



Again, you can agrue BD was ran out of town or thrown under the bus, but you can't argue that the last two seasons have been some of the worst offensive football at BYU. Wasn't that way prior to BD as OC.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib




I have mixed feelungs about Doman but exactly what offense do you thi k he wanted?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Suckiest suck that ever sucked???
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Suckiest suck that ever sucked???


Seriously

In 2010 conspiracy theorists lime yourself said

Anae wanted Nelson and Doman wanted Heaps and Bronco backed up Anae and they made Doman do QB2 and quickly move to Nelson until he was injured.

Then

Bronco supposedly gave playcalling duties over to Doman thus supposedly explaining the improvemeny in Playcalling.

Then supposedly Anae was run out of town for making Doman use Nelson even though Bronco supposedly sided with Anae on it.



Then 2011 started with promotion of Doman the super recruiter and great play caller and best QB coach in the country.

But somebow Dupaix became the recruiting coordinator. And Recruiting has been nothing to brag about lately.

So, following this conspiracy and of course the Reynolds family conspiracy intertwined with it and supposedly supported by Bronco over Anae and later Bronco over Doman in 2012 - skipping details of that:

I guess conspircists think Bronco made Doman give up on Heaps and told Donan not to communicate or encourage him to participate more with the team

But somehow Doman got Heaps as starter in 2011 without competition - Bronco apparently to busy to make him let Nelson compete.

Anywad due to Bronco not allowing Doman to communicate with and strengthen relatinship with DHeaps - Jake Transfers.

Then Bronco got his way in 2012 forcing Doman to start Nelson over Lark and refusing to Let Doman start super star Lark

Made him start Hill to preserve the Riley offense

Then pretended to try to call timeout but intentionally slow to make Doman injure Hill so Riley coukd get his job back

Bam another injury

Lark looks great

Bronco forgets to make Doman start Riley in Bowl Game

But makes him sub in Riley

But looked away momentarily and Doman sneaked Lark back in

Lark tears up SDSU proving - Wait

Someting is wrong with this story

Nelson was ineffective vs good defenses

Hill was minimally effective vs good defnses

Lark was ineffective vs good defenses

Bam



Switch back to Reynolds conspiracy

Rehire Doman - victimized by Anae, Bronco, and Reynolds family, Nelson family, and Tree.



Do you really believe this nonsense?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Only half of it, actually. So, good job, You get 50%, which in school gets you an F. Nice try.
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Only half of it, actually. So, good job, You get 50%, which in school gets you an F. Nice try.


Which half



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Only half of it, actually. So, good job, You get 50%, which in school gets you an F. Nice try.

Depends on whether their is a curve or not.



The stories and rumors are hilarious. Who cares. All I care about is production on the field. Doman isn't the first OC to have QB issues or HC issues or whatever. Comes with the job. Good OCs, creative OCs get around all that and figure out how to put the best product out on the field. I have a hard time believing what we saw last season was the best product on the field.



How long do you stay driving down the wrong road before you turnaround? Doman was a wrong turn as OC.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
It would be colossally myopic for anyone to pretend that they know exactly how the QB situation went down this year or last.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.