Archived Topic

Southern doesn't seem too good

by Mars · 11/22/2009

Advertisement
G
gmj81
Sometimes I just don't get the pukes. Like last year, how do you lose to SW Baptist or whoever but then go on to post some good wins out of conference and win a share of the conference championship? This year they lost to Idaho to start the season (well at least they are D1). The football team is not too dissimilar in their peaks and valleys. It drives me nuts.



Southern lost big but by a lot less at both Baylor and Oklahoma State. So I don't know what to make of the pukes. Just based on the available evidence, I have to think we'll hang a 50 point margin of victory on Southern. The pukes weren't that lights out and hopefully now that Emery has found his shot and JT seems to have shot himself out of his funk (hopefully) we should be able to match at least the 50% and 31% that the pukes put up on them.
Q
Qman
gmj81 wrote:
Sometimes I just don't get the pukes. Like last year, how do you lose to SW Baptist or whoever but then go on to post some good wins out of conference and win a share of the conference championship? This year they lost to Idaho to start the season (well at least they are D1). The football team is not too dissimilar in their peaks and valleys. It drives me nuts.



Southern lost big but by a lot less at both Baylor and Oklahoma State. So I don't know what to make of the pukes. Just based on the available evidence, I have to think we'll hang a 50 point margin of victory on Southern. The pukes weren't that lights out and hopefully now that Emery has found his shot and JT seems to have shot himself out of his funk (hopefully) we should be able to match at least the 50% and 31% that the pukes put up on them.




The Utes killed them with rebounding- we don't seem to be that strong of rebounding team. I think we will beat them but I don't an 50 point blowouts.
M
Mars
gmj81 wrote:
Southern lost big but by a lot less at both Baylor and Oklahoma State.
Do you have the scores handy from those games?



I need to get my Southern pick in for tonight and could use any help I could get...
C
cougdoc
I was looking through the Southern roster and noticed:



Southern lists 21 players !!! on their roster (although 3 don't have numbers, so I imagine they are RS)



Their tallest player is a forward, 6'9" Madut Bol. How many times will Greg slip up on that name tonight? For those wondering, I couldn't find confirmation that he is related to Manut.



And finally, although I will be cheering for the cougars of course, I will save a cheer or two for guard/forward Jazz Williams, who ought to change his number from #31, just for tonight.



In all seriousness, the Southern team is very short overall. We are going to work them on the boards, even with our tendency to give up offensive rebounds. I think a lineup of Jimmer, Jackson, Tyler, JT and Brandon Davies would have the right combination of size and quicks to destroy Southern.
Advertisement
G
gmj81
Wowza! 56 point victory. No one has done that to these guys yet and they've faced the likes of Baylor, Okie State, and Yewtah. I'm holding my opinion on this team until after the USU game but this could be a very exciting season.



And dang! If I had just predicted a few more points for my Cougs, my prediction score for this game would have been through the roof.
Y
Y&Brit
Subway Sub of the Game (listening to KSL)



Brandon Davies





Davies: "We can score this much anytime we play hard enough"





BYU 100 Utah 49
B
BYULV
Y&Brit wrote:
Subway Sub of the Game (listening to KSL)



Brandon Davies





Davies: "We can score this much anytime we play hard enough"





BYU 100 Utah 49


Is this your football prediction?
S
Schmoe
The title of this thread seems so obvious now that we destroyed them, well done cougs!!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.