Archived Topic

Doman Gone !

by BoiseBYU · 1/10/2013

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
It sounds as if Doman was not at the BYU senior banquet last night. I can't imagine him staying on the coaching staff and not attending .....
D
Ddawg
This development does not bode well for Doman's future association with BYU football. I would have thought Brandon would have been there, because of relationships he developed with these guys, to show appreciation for their years of effort and commitment. Unless he is out of town, going through interviews.
B
BoiseBYU
This gets too mushy, perhaps, but last night I saw 17 Miracles. I loved it, of course, but was particularly impressed with Levi Savage. He's a hero to me. Despite the hardships of the trek, his efforts to stem the ensuing suffering and being rebuffed, the criticism that followed, mostly unfair and not deserved, he stayed loyal. He didn't pack his hurt up and leave. He stayed. We need more Levi Savages. We need more loyalty. I'm not saying Brandon is disloyal, but if he stayed he'd elevate in my eyes.....he'd be a guy who did his best as OC, didn't do as well as hoped, and so was asked to step down, but still stay. And for loyalty's sake, stayed and made things better.
G
Guest
Even if he chooses not to stay at BYU, which I can understand, it would have been a very classy thing to attend the banquet to celebrate the guys who had worked so hard all year long.
D
Ddawg
hawkwing wrote:
Even if he chooses not to stay at BYU, which I can understand, it would have been a very classy thing to attend the banquet to celebrate the guys who had worked so hard all year long.


+1. Here are guys that have given 4, 5, up to seven years (counting a mission and a a blue-shirt year) to the Coug program. That's a helluva commitment in a young man's life. Doman should have been there to show respect for these dedicated seniors. Everyone is busy. But you prioritize your schedule.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
It's very interesting to me to see some on this site who would call out posters for calling out some players or Bronco but then feel ok about calling out and running out Doman. (Not directly referring to you Boise).

For example, pinning all the Riley Nelson sins and short comings on Doman is just shortsided and creating a pavilion for Bronco. Riley Nelson, a freshman and overhyped QB, and a recalcitrant, disruptive old regime coach, have been a big part if not at the core of getting two OCs fired. Calling out Domans loyalty when it was TH and BM who tagged an otherwise insufficiently experienced but BYU Guy, because of his perceived loyalty--insert Yes-man--is also short-sided. NOT thinking it would take more than two seasons for his skills to catch up to his loyalty and now cutting him out to dry and folks are calling out his loyalty? How wonderfully and myopically provincial for some of you. The dude steps up to a golden opportunity at the Lords University, (I regret sounding like a ute troll) is humble enough to simultaneously take on an equal if not more difficult task in the "Lords Church" as a Bishop and all we can do is call out his loyalty? Not that him taking the calling should have increased his job security nor compensated for poor play calling, but wow! Thump, thump, there goes the bus right over Doman. "Sorry Brandon, its just business. We now schizophrenically dont prefer you over the guy we essentially ran out of town because we couldn't get our crap together three years ago.

Yes, something needed to be done to fix the Offensive problems. But I'm sorry the Two biggest mistakes made in the last three years were to play an absolute sub-standard qb who should have been allowed to change positions if he wanted to play so bad, and two, keeping on Reynolds who I think time and the record is showing has been a divisive force and should have been reassigned several years ago. Heaps was only a mistake bc he played before he was ready And was a cocky freakin freshman with an RM regime bent on not fully supporting, a mutinous Oline, etc. But no, BYU, and TH have shown loyalty to some and now cut lose BD. Gosh, some of the Doman haters and those rich, greedy, demanding boosters sure got their way.
G
Gunk
Come on, I'm sure there is a valid reason for Doman missing the dinner to celebrate the players that put their all into his ingenious offensive scheme.



Wed night is mutual night, so maybe he had to be at mutual.

Maybe he had some left over tithing settlements.

Or, perhaps the stake president needed to meet with him.

Kwhitt asked him over for dinner.



Who knows...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
Gunk wrote:
Come on, I'm sure there is a valid reason for Doman missing the dinner to celebrate the players that put their all into his ingenious offensive scheme.



Wed night is mutual night, so maybe he had to be at mutual.

Maybe he had some left over tithing settlements.

Or, perhaps the stake president needed to meet with him.

Kwhitt asked him over for dinner.



Who knows...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Yes! Or maybe he is actually looking for or interviewing for a job,
A
ABYUFAN
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Come on, I'm sure there is a valid reason for Doman missing the dinner to celebrate the players that put their all into his ingenious offensive scheme.



Wed night is mutual night, so maybe he had to be at mutual.

Maybe he had some left over tithing settlements.

Or, perhaps the stake president needed to meet with him.

Kwhitt asked him over for dinner.



Who knows...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Yes! Or maybe he is actually looking for or interviewing for a job,


Yes. he does have a family to take care of. It is easier, to get a job as an OC the previous year than to get a job with another school as a QB coach who was previously demoted from an OC. And, that's assuming that he is really being offered a chance to stay on the staff. Do we even know if that is an option? We all assume that BYU wouldn't do him dirty like that, but BYU does have priors for doing coaches dirty, I say cut him some slack.



PS those posters who think he was slighting the players for not being there need to consider the fact that it is possible that no one feels worse for not being able to go than him. Imagine how hard it would be for you to have to miss that night because you were out lookign for a job...
A
AmmonCougar1
Was Weber there? Reynolds too? I don't know. I'm asking honestly.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Was Anae there, for that matter. That would be awkward.
T
the1blzdcougar
With Doman leaving (seems pretty certain at this point) I'm not sure how I feel about Max Hall becoming the QBs coach. Heard his name floating around quite a bit. Granted he was a great college qb, but I think I'd be more comfortable with a more experienced coach working with the qbs. Although on the plus side I'm sure he was at the banquet.
G
Guest
Reynolds was there. Several players tweeted pictures with him and their gratitude for what he had done for them.
D
Ddawg
As I recall - Bronco and his coaching staff are at a convention all week. Will return today. Perhaps Brandon Doman was there. Who knows?



From Bronco's letter:

"Most of our coaching staff, including myself, will be attending the national coaches convention next week and will not be in the office Monday through Wednesday. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have once I return on Thursday.



With honor,



Coach Mendenhall"
L
Linette Chambers
Is this true?
Advertisement
Q
Qman
Ddawg wrote:
As I recall - Bronco and his coaching staff are at a convention all week. Will return today. Perhaps Brandon Doman was there. Who knows?



From Bronco's letter:

"Most of our coaching staff, including myself, will be attending the national coaches convention next week and will not be in the office Monday through Wednesday. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have once I return on Thursday.



With honor,



Coach Mendenhall"


I remember it being mention Doman would be attending so he could network and look for a job.
C
Cougs_Rule
hawkwing wrote:
Reynolds was there. Several players tweeted pictures with him and their gratitude for what he had done for them.


Well, maybe Anae was a meany and Reynolds wasn't sitting idly by and not contesting Anaes approach. Coach Reynolds has seemed to be a good guy. I ran into Matt yesterday and talked to him about non-BYU things, Andy Reid, Eagles, etc. Great kid.
G
Guest
Ddawg wrote:
As I recall - Bronco and his coaching staff are at a convention all week. Will return today. Perhaps Brandon Doman was there. Who knows?



From Bronco's letter:

"Most of our coaching staff, including myself, will be attending the national coaches convention next week and will not be in the office Monday through Wednesday. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have once I return on Thursday.



With honor,



Coach Mendenhall"


It's hard to tell for sure, but it looks like the conference ended early Wed, giving the coaching staff time to fly home on Wed and attend the banquet.



So it makes sense that they wouldn't be in their offices Wed, but could still attend the banquet.
B
BoiseBYU
As I originally posted, I am not saying that Doman's leaving means he is disloyal. His first loyalty is to his family. On the other hand, in my mind it would be a loyal thing to stay, and I have understood that he has been asked to stay and if I am wrong I stand corrected. But to be "demoted" if you will is humbling, and it is pretty dang loyal to stay in light of that. It's easy to be loyal when the going is good...not so much when you have to accept some humble pie. I wish the best for Doman either way. I hope he stays.
C
Cougarbib
A little girl was sitting next to a hateful BYU fan on a plane. The hateful BYU fan was bored and devious and thought "here is one more naive and innocent mind to spoil". He asked her if she could answer why Riley Nelson and anyone named Reynolds should not be damned to hell for their obviosly devious ways.



The little girl replied, "can yoy first answer a question for me?". Intrigrued, he agreed.



She said, "Rabbits, cows, and horses all eat grass, but rabbit droppings look like pellets, horses drop biscuits, and cows drop pies. Why is that?



Dumbfounded, the hateful BYU fan replied, "IDK."



The little girl replied, "Why would I want to talk crap about BYU coaches and players with a mean spirited man that obviously don't know crap about crap?"



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.