Archived Topic

Bracketology

by Wolverine · 1/9/2013

Advertisement
W
Wolverine
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Never too early for this topic IMO. The Cougs just showed up on Lunardi's radar, albeit just barely in the second four out group. A lot of work to be done by Coach Rose's crew if they expect to be dancin' come March. Gotta start somewhere.

GO COUGARS!
S
srcougar
Lots of work to do. At least we are mentioned as a possibility. I thought the last one he posted we were nowhere to be found. Excited to watch the next two months and see what happens. Lots of ball still to be played.
S
Schmoe
Lots of ball still to be played, lots of games still to be lost, lots of big dances not to get asked to.
W
Wolverine
Schmoe wrote:
Lots of ball still to be played, lots of games still to be lost, lots of big dances not to get asked to.


Prom really sucked that bad in high school, huh? :roll:
S
Schmoe
Wolverine wrote:
Lots of ball still to be played, lots of games still to be lost, lots of big dances not to get asked to.


Prom really sucked that bad in high school, huh? :roll:


Nah, my prom was awesome, we just have a mediocre basketball team this year.
Advertisement
S
srcougar
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
Lots of ball still to be played, lots of games still to be lost, lots of big dances not to get asked to.


Prom really sucked that bad in high school, huh? :roll:


Nah, my prom was awesome, we just have a mediocre basketball team this year.


Let's be honest, a lot of mediocre teams make it to the big dance every year. Here's to hoping we make it as a mediocre or as a much improved team. I understand some improvements need to be made, and we have to play pretty darn good down the stretch. But that is part of the fun. Can't wait to see what happens.
G
Gunk
Wolverine wrote:
Lots of ball still to be played, lots of games still to be lost, lots of big dances not to get asked to.


Prom really sucked that bad in high school, huh? :roll:


Schmoe wants to see the basketball team under perform to preserve football's reign.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Gunk wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
Lots of ball still to be played, lots of games still to be lost, lots of big dances not to get asked to.


Prom really sucked that bad in high school, huh? :roll:


Schmoe wants to see the basketball team under perform to preserve football's reign.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


That's right, I want basketball to do poorly so I can call for the coach's head like all you morons do over on the football forum. :roll:
W
Wolverine
Schmoe wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
Lots of ball still to be played, lots of games still to be lost, lots of big dances not to get asked to.


Prom really sucked that bad in high school, huh? :roll:


Schmoe wants to see the basketball team under perform to preserve football's reign.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


That's right, I want basketball to do poorly so I can call for the coach's head like all you morons do over on the football forum. :roll:


That's right...lump all us "morons" together. If this was a Utard Forum it would be "all you Mormons". Maybe that is what you meant and spell check just didn't catch it. Just to be safe, this is one Mormon moron who has never criticized Coach Mendenhall. Love what he does for the program and how he, his staff, and the players represent BYU and The Church. Looking forward to a more potent offense under Anae as well as a mediocre basketball team doing enough to get invited to dance. BTW...glad your Prom was awesome :)

GO COUGARS
S
Schmoe
If you weren't on the football forum constantly criticizing our coach, then that comment was not intended for you.
Advertisement
W
Wolverine
Schmoe wrote:
If you weren't on the football forum constantly criticizing our coach, then that comment was not intended for you.


Apology accepted :roll:
C
Cougs_Rule
Of course, Coach Rose would never let a player like Carlino, who was having great moments, but was turning the ball over way too much and jacking up threes with reckless abandon to not go unchecked because he was refusing to change his style of play and then and try to feed the fans with a line like, "he moves the ball faster 'than all of us'". I would still be glad Rosé is at BYU, but I would and did, in fact, call out he fact that Carlino needed to sit on the bench to be reminded that he can't just chuck with impunity. Of course Rose didn't need reminders from the fans that this was obviously occurring--not that he would listen anyway.
G
Gunk
Schmoe wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
Lots of ball still to be played, lots of games still to be lost, lots of big dances not to get asked to.


Prom really sucked that bad in high school, huh? :roll:


Schmoe wants to see the basketball team under perform to preserve football's reign.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


That's right, I want basketball to do poorly so I can call for the coach's head like all you morons do over on the football forum. :roll:


I didn't say anything about calling for coaches' heads. I said you want football to do better than basketball. It was mostly a joke (should have TIC, I guess).



For the record, I have never called for Bronco's head. So, guess that means I'm not a moron.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Sorry, I should have amended my original statement to read "all THE morons."
N
nuk13
Schmoe wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
Lots of ball still to be played, lots of games still to be lost, lots of big dances not to get asked to.


Prom really sucked that bad in high school, huh? :roll:


Schmoe wants to see the basketball team under perform to preserve football's reign.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


That's right, I want basketball to do poorly so I can call for the coach's head like all you morons do over on the football forum. :roll:


This is why I'm leaning more to basketball. It gets old hearing about how bad we are because of a loss, or hearing how worthless a win is because the team was a "cupcake". That is an insult to a respected opponent who may be having a bad year but still tries. Those "cupcakes" probable don't have near the $$$ Alabama ,Duke and the other non cupcake teams have. We don't have the $$$ for hot coaches. For the money we have very good coaches. Maybe we need rankings in both sports referring to how well a team is doing compared to the money spent. I'll bet Gonzaga would be #1 and we'd be in the top 25 in basketball.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.