Archived Topic

A letter I sent to my Congressional Representatives today

by Cougarfan87 · 1/8/2013

Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
To the Honorable [inserted my rep's names--Senator Sessions, Senator Shelby, or Representative Brooks],



I am writing to you to propose an Amendment to the Constitution as follows:



"In any given year, Congress shall not Authorize, Appropriate, or otherwise expend funds that exceed the total of the revenue received by the Federal Government during the prior year and any surplus funds from prior years. Revenue shall not be construed to mean the sale of bonds or other Federal Government indebtedness, but is limited to funds received from Federal taxes, Federal licenses, Federal fees, Federal fines, and the sale or lease of Federal Government property. During a war declared by Congress, Congress may authorize, appropriate, or otherwise expend funds that are surplus from previous years and/or finance the war by the sale of bonds or other Federal Government indebtedness.”



I am letting all of my congressional representatives know that if they either do not propose this Amendment (or one that is substantially similar) during their next term and/or vote in favor of it, I will be voting for someone else during the next election. I hate to be a single issue voter, but it is time for We, the People to take back control of our financial future. Any assistance you could give in that effort would be greatly appreciated and certainly affect my vote in the next election.



Sincerely,

Ryan A. Black,

A concerned citizen
S
scott715
Amen. Though I don't expect them to do anything. I suspect we need our state legislature to propose a few amendments to correct our problems.
C
Cougarfan87
scott715 wrote:
Amen. Though I don't expect them to do anything. I suspect we need our state legislature to propose a few amendments to correct our problems.


They would do something if millions of like minded citizens wrote the same letter to their representatives. If you agree, please send one to your reps and share with others. Then, if they don't vote for it or introduce a bill, vote them out. It is true that I am powerless against the current regime in Congress. However, We the People are not.
B
BroncoBot
Cougarfan, I've heard of your type, but this is just radical. Extreme. Unreasonable.
1
1967cougar
I'm with you there. Unfortunately, there are too many millions in the "entitlement" mode who don't want to lose their bennies. Even if "millions" of us tried to vote them out, it's still not enough. Sad. I think people should have entitlements cut back, as long as it's not MY entitlements . . . .
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
1967cougar wrote:
I'm with you there. Unfortunately, there are too many millions in the "entitlement" mode who don't want to lose their bennies. Even if "millions" of us tried to vote them out, it's still not enough. Sad. I think people should have entitlements cut back, as long as it's not MY entitlements . . . .


Those entitlements won't be around for long if we are spent into oblivion. I'd rather have 74% of my social security, as my current social security statement says I will have when I retire, than none of it. Frankly, I never consider it when I consider my retirement income. I'm not even sure my federal pension will be there, so I am making other plans.



If millions were willing to tell their congressional representatives fix it or your out, things would change. It takes five minutes to send an email. Those reps also figure that for every letter sent, there are a thousand more that feel that way.



Let's make this term of Congress, the term where we take back control of our financial future. If we don't try, what do we have to complain about?
I
imuakahuku
BroncoBot wrote:
Cougarfan, I've heard of your type, but this is just radical. Extreme. Unreasonable.


You forgot to add TIC so I'll do it for ya! ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.