Archived Topic

A Rod to BYU

by crh55 · 1/8/2013

Advertisement
C
crh55
Sources are saying Utah WR Coach Aaron Roderick has been offered the BYU QB coaching job. Also saying he was offered a position as the WR coach at Wisconsin.



Intriguing...
J
jonnylingo
I would hardly call graham a "source" :)
G
Gunk
So, does this mean Doman is out?
C
Cougs_Rule
jonnylingo wrote:
I would hardly call graham a "source" :)


If it is true, someone please explain to me how hiring a WR coach is remotely a good idea to make him a QB coach at QBU?

This would seem like more sideways and contorted coaching hires/staffing that get BYU into stupid, ineffective, spinning-its-wheels situations, aka LOSING.
S
scott715
How about coaching the TEs. I hope he is a really good recruiter as I have heard.
Advertisement
J
JamieVallen
Doubt it would happen, also there are new rumors that say he hasn't actually been contacted by either. I could definitely see the Wisconsin job more likely than the BYU one. However I wouldn't mind him as the QB coach for no other reason then it would be great to have him on our staff.
L
Lawboy
jonnylingo wrote:
I would hardly call graham a "source" :)


Graham isn't the source, although he is the one publishing it. Guarantee it is Gunther who is giving him the info to scoop. Same show, and that way Gunther does not burn any sources up on the Hill. And Gunther is connected with the U program.



I think the story has legs.
C
Cougs_Rule
JamieVallen wrote:
Doubt it would happen, also there are new rumors that say he hasn't actually been contacted by either. I could definitely see the Wisconsin job more likely than the BYU one. However I wouldn't mind him as the QB coach for no other reason then it would be great to have him on our staff.


No. Send him out for more Experience and resume building. Maybe he could be another OC with the varied experiences he has had, including premature promotion to OC that didn't work.



This notion of "let's get him because he is good and have him coach QBs since he was the passing coordinator is fool hardy. He might belong "on the bus" but that is the wrong seat on the bus.



What I do love is the ship jumping at the Spewta.
J
JamieVallen
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Doubt it would happen, also there are new rumors that say he hasn't actually been contacted by either. I could definitely see the Wisconsin job more likely than the BYU one. However I wouldn't mind him as the QB coach for no other reason then it would be great to have him on our staff.


No. Send him out for more Experience and resume building. Maybe he could be another OC with the varied experiences he has had, including premature promotion to OC that didn't work.



This notion of "let's get him because he is good and have him coach QBs since he was the passing coordinator is fool hardy. He might belong "on the bus" but that is the wrong seat on the bus.



What I do love is the ship jumping at the Spewta.

I also like the ship jumping... :)

I can see your point though, I would also rather like to see Cahoon stay and if A rod came on I see the chances of that happening becoming much smaller. I'm probably also in the minority, but I hope Doman finds a spot, but I can entirely understand if he left maybe to coach at the FCS level to gain some experience, but if he's successful or not, I doubt we'll ever see him back at BYU either way. At the same time I feel as if he's good enough to try and retain him and continue to help him grow at BYU. It's sometimes a shame that they don't do JV football in college anymore... Maybe they could of had him coach there for a few years.
M
Mars


I don't like the idea or Rod to BYU.



Though I don't really relish the thought of keeping a bitter Doman on staff either.



Or giving a poly recruiter with no real coaching abilities the RB position.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.