Archived Topic

RGIII too gritty?

by BroncoBot · 1/7/2013

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
I think he selfishly hurt his team by playing injured. He should have had his teams best interest at heart and refused to play hurt.
Y
Ygridiron4ever
Never has a basketball adage been more appropriate in football than this one is to the Redskins today:

"live by the III, die by the III!"
B
BoiseBYU
Ygridiron4ever wrote:
Never has a basketball adage been more appropriate in football than this one is to the Redskins today:

"live by the III, die by the III!"

ZING! This Just In wishes it were clever enough to have thought of that one....
C
Cougs_Rule
Ygridiron4ever wrote:
Never has a basketball adage been more appropriate in football than this one is to the Redskins today:

"live by the III, die by the III!"


Very NICE!



"Put me in coach. I can still walk!"
Advertisement
T
tmoney35
I don't blame RGIII for this just like I never blamed Riley when he played injured. It's up to the coach to decide who gives the team the best chance to win. RGIII was obviously hampered and ineffective in that game and Shanahan should've taken him out. That's on the coach
F
frdbtr
tmoney35 wrote:
I don't blame RGIII for this just like I never blamed Riley when he played injured. It's up to the coach to decide who gives the team the best chance to win. RGIII was obviously hampered and ineffective in that game and Shanahan should've taken him out. That's on the coach


Bingo!
T
tww
As good of player as RG roman numeral whatever is... What is up with this fad of using suffixes? I find it annoying and snooty. A suffix is a title or a number to distinguish one from his father or grandfather, it is not a person's name.



Are we really going to get confused about who is on the field playing? Is it the young guy or his grandfather, I am not sure?



If they are both out there playing then fine use the suffix but if not then stop being annoying because no one cares how many people in your family have the same name.



If this fad does not end I am afraid we will start seeing Smith CEO, and Johnson DR.
S
SpiffCoug
Yet another instance of a player being clearly injured and playing extremely ineffectively - well clear to everyone in the stadium and at home watching - well everyone but the head coach - and needing to be replaced.
T
tmoney35
tww wrote:
As good of player as RG roman numeral whatever is... What is up with this fad of using suffixes? I find it annoying and snooty. A suffix is a title or a number to distinguish one from his father or grandfather, it is not a person's name.



Are we really going to get confused about who is on the field playing? Is it the young guy or his grandfather, I am not sure?



If they are both out there playing then fine use the suffix but if not then stop being annoying because no one cares how many people in your family have the same name.



If this fad does not end I am afraid we will start seeing Smith CEO, and Johnson DR.


That is a strange thing to feel so passionate about, though I guess we all have our weird pet peeves.
Advertisement
T
tww
tmoney35 wrote:
As good of player as RG roman numeral whatever is... What is up with this fad of using suffixes? I find it annoying and snooty. A suffix is a title or a number to distinguish one from his father or grandfather, it is not a person's name.



Are we really going to get confused about who is on the field playing? Is it the young guy or his grandfather, I am not sure?



If they are both out there playing then fine use the suffix but if not then stop being annoying because no one cares how many people in your family have the same name.



If this fad does not end I am afraid we will start seeing Smith CEO, and Johnson DR.


That is a strange thing to feel so passionate about, though I guess we all have our weird pet peeves.




LOL. Yeah I am probably just in a gripey mood.
M
MesaCougFan
As an avid Skins' fan, I was saddened to see them lose a 14 point lead and only gain 11 yards in the 2nd Qtr. In the first Qtr. there was nothing that the Seahawks could do to stop them, and RGIII was obviously a step slow. In hind sight they should have went to Cousins at the start of the 3rd, and Dan Snyder pays Shanahan $6mm a year to win games. I'm not disappointed in RGIII (I wasn't disappointed in Nelson either). I am disappointed that Shanahan didn't use Cousins after the debacle of the 2nd qtr. Cousins was an important part of their 7 game win streak. He finished off the Ravens, and started and beat the Browns on the road. Shanahan knew what he had on the bench and had a proven clutch-time winner ready to spell RGIII. In hind sight, I would guess that Shanahan probably regrets not going to Cousins sooner.



I honestly think that Bronco thought that Nelson gave the Cougars the best chanc to beat Utah (which he did). In hind sight I think, and I would guess that Bronco thinks that he should have went to TH to start the 3rd against BSU.
C
Cougs_Rule
MesaCougFan wrote:
As an avid Skins' fan, I was saddened to see them lose a 14 point lead and only gain 11 yards in the 2nd Qtr. In the first Qtr. there was nothing that the Seahawks could do to stop them, and RGIII was obviously a step slow. In hind sight they should have went to Cousins at the start of the 3rd, and Dan Snyder pays Shanahan $6mm a year to win games. I'm not disappointed in RGIII (I wasn't disappointed in Nelson either). I am disappointed that Shanahan didn't use Cousins after the debacle of the 2nd qtr. Cousins was an important part of their 7 game win streak. He finished off the Ravens, and started and beat the Browns on the road. Shanahan knew what he had on the bench and had a proven clutch-time winner ready to spell RGIII. In hind sight, I would guess that Shanahan probably regrets not going to Cousins sooner.



I honestly think that Bronco thought that Nelson gave the Cougars the best chanc to beat Utah (which he did). In hind sight I think, and I would guess that Bronco thinks that he should have went to TH to start the 3rd against BSU.


Too bad for III. Shanahan in a no win situation if Redskins lose. BUT THE BIGGEST NEWS FO THE GAME--RG III may have at least a partial and maybe a full torn ligament. He may never be as agile ever in the future. Thats like cutting open the golden goose to get the egg. Too large of a gamble. I hope III recovers fully.
B
BroncoBot
You may be right cougs_rule, but I think RGIII will bounce back nicely. Adrian peterson had ACL surgery and is doing O.K.
T
the1blzdcougar
I'm just hoping this doesn't affect his Madden 14 rating too much.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
the1blzdcougar wrote:
I'm just hoping this doesn't affect his Madden 14 rating too much.


How compassionate of you. ;-)



I hope he makes it back full strength. He seems to be one of the good guys.



Besides, somewhere some OC is Being inspired to RuN the same offense. :whistle:
B
byufan4ever
the1blzdcougar wrote:
I'm just hoping this doesn't affect his Madden 14 rating too much.


That made my day. Thanks! :lol:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.