C
CougarbibI read an article that went over Anae's history and style in depth. One key component was that he believes in protecting the QB. I recall always believing BYU could never have too many QBs having watched QB injuries over the years including losing Bowl games due to late season QB injuries. McMahon - knee, Young -concussion, Bosco - knee and shoulder, Feterik - foot, the year our 5th string QB, Tom Young started our bowl game after Walsh, Clement, and Hancock went down, Detmer - oft separated shoulders, Covey concussions, Berry hand, etc.,
That was all of the top of my head and I know there were injuries with all or some of Wilson, Neilsen, and Sheide. One had a hand injury that cost us the Fiesta Bowl iirc.
And then - I kept expecting that to bite us with Beck and Hall and that just never happened.
Maybe there is something to all of this.
BTW - Bronco is on vacation in Hawaii and going to a coaching convention next week - so the rest of the coaching staff news may take a while to come out.
That was all of the top of my head and I know there were injuries with all or some of Wilson, Neilsen, and Sheide. One had a hand injury that cost us the Fiesta Bowl iirc.
And then - I kept expecting that to bite us with Beck and Hall and that just never happened.
Maybe there is something to all of this.
BTW - Bronco is on vacation in Hawaii and going to a coaching convention next week - so the rest of the coaching staff news may take a while to come out.

