Archived Topic

BSU, staying in MWC

by BroncoBot · 12/31/2012

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
A little surprised, but I think the Big East is about as washed up as they come. BSU just made BYU look like a genius for not hitching themselves to that wagon.
S
scott715
What did the MWC give them to stay?
S
SpiffCoug
scott715 wrote:
What did the MWC give them to stay?

Any and everything they wanted.
S
scott715
So they got home tv rights? Will they schedule the worst games at BSU and the tv games on the road. The tv partner would like that but it gives BSU an edge in the schedule.
Y
YNot
BroncoBot wrote:
A little surprised, but I think the Big East is about as washed up as they come. BSU just made BYU look like a genius for not hitching themselves to that wagon.


I assume SDSU will follow Boise back to the MWC now. Big East truly is the Conference USA redux. With the Catholic basketball schools leaving, I believe Temple is the only school that was in the conference more than 5 years ago, and they were kicked out for not being competitive in football before being invited back. At least its name will fit better without the West Coast teams.



I hope BYU can finally get some MWC teams back on the basketball schedule.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.