Archived Topic

KVN

by stuckinbig10country · 12/31/2012

Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
I don't understand why in the world he would come back after getting the hype he just got. He was the talk of college football for dang near a week. Other players were being compared to him.



Go when you are hot.
D
Ddawg
Arrrggghhhh! You're right - grrrrrrr!!! :~(
C
Cougs_Rule
Embrace it boys. It's a hard reality to deal with. Which means he believes he has more to accomplish. Can you imagine an improved KVN? What's next? Put on 30 pounds and play middle LB? Or put on 20 and keep playing OLB?

I wonder if he didn't get the pop he was. Hoping and we all assumed given the bowl Performance. Or if his rumored shoulder injury and pending surgery would keep him from passing a physical or participating in the combines as fully as he needs.

Or maybe he just values his education and wants to finish it up? Nah.

Whatever, if he's back, next years brutal schedule may have more to look forward to.

I wonder if Bronco wanting him back, he felt some loyalty based on Bronco believing in him and helping him during his year off.
M
mizzoucoug
Everyone has something they can improve upon and another year against a great schedule will give him more limelight. He has been able to stay healthy during his career and is no doubt hoping that will carry him to an All-American type year. Besides he's too small be a sure thing in the NFL at OLB.
M
Metal Bubba
mizzoucoug wrote:
Everyone has something they can improve upon and another year against a great schedule will give him more limelight. He has been able to stay healthy during his career and is no doubt hoping that will carry him to an All-American type year. Besides he's too small be a sure thing in the NFL at OLB.


I agree with most of that, especially the last sentence. It's going to be a tough decision for him. I'm glad I'm not making it.



Hell... who am I kidding? I'd LOVE to be having to make a choice like that.
Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
mizzoucoug wrote:
Everyone has something they can improve upon and another year against a great schedule will give him more limelight. He has been able to stay healthy during his career and is no doubt hoping that will carry him to an All-American type year. Besides he's too small be a sure thing in the NFL at OLB.




He did have off season shoulder surgery this past year though. And I thought he had some other smaller injury to a hand or finger in his freshman or early soph campaign? I may be misremembering though.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
J
jonnylingo
KVN will be on espn a lot next year and it will be against great competition. If he puts more weight on and still dominates he will improve his draft statute. plus he will remain king of campus for another year and get his degree.
G
Guest
Quote from Cody Hoffman right after announcing he was coming back:


Cody Hoffman

now my next goal is to get @KVN_03 to stay with me.. help me out people!!
G
Guest
Dick Harmon just tweeted:
Harmonwrites It's official, Van Noy will return, according to a statement by BYU and KVN.
G
Guest
Kyle Van Noy's quote on announcing he is returning for his senior year.


"I’ve decided to stay and complete my senior season at BYU," Van Noy said. "I plan to finish what I started and feel like I’ve still got some unfinished business. I’m looking forward to being on the field this next season with my Cougar teammates."


http://byucougars.com/m-football/all-american-kyle-van-noy-staying-byu-senior-season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Advertisement
G
Guest
Glad to have you back, KVN! Here's to another year recording every defensive stat!
G
Gunk
Ziggy got the lions' share of buzz this season. KVN stays than he's top dog at BYU. As long as he dominates and stays injury free he'll be the talk of the town.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
I have gotten 3 tweets in the last 30 seconds. It is official. KVN is back. CBS is already calling him the Manti Teo of 2013.



Legacy - you cannot buy it



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BerliNY
Cougarbib wrote:
I have gotten 3 tweets in the last 30 seconds. It is official. KVN is back. CBS is already calling him the Manti Teo of 2013.



Legacy - you cannot buy it



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


KVN for Heisman!
P
pikoi
Shocked to hear he is coming back based on what I have heard from him and his close friends recently. That being said, it will be awesome to have him here one more year!
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
I'm glad to have him back, but I think he is making a mistake. He is leaving a lot of money on the table, that would do his (future) family a whole lot of good.



All you have to do is plant your foot wrong once, and you are giving up millions of dollars. It's that easy.



I hope the best for him, and hope it works out like he wants it to. It's his choice to make. I'll be cheering him on and hoping for the best either way!
A
AmmonCougar1
BlueIsBetter wrote:
I'm glad to have him back, but I think he is making a mistake. He is leaving a lot of money on the table, that would do his (future) family a whole lot of good.



All you have to do is plant your foot wrong once, and you are giving up millions of dollars. It's that easy.



I hope the best for him, and hope it works out like he wants it to. It's his choice to make. I'll be cheering him on and hoping for the best either way!


I agree with this you Blue. Can't he get a pretty hefty insurance policy that would pay out if he got a significant injury? Lloyd's of London or something like that does policies such as these right? What does it cost him up front (premiums) and who pays that? (him/family or BYU)



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
D
Ddawg
I am si flippin' excited! No kidding! :D :D :D :D :D :D I am shocked at KVN's annoiuncement :bug: . But this is a great way to start the New Year for Cougar football.
B
BroncoBot
Can't complain. Here's hoping he has a monster sr. year and will dominate the draft talk next year. Don't know if I'd do the same thing, but as a fan, I can't wait to see KVN return.
C
Cougarbib
I don't see why some of you are so shocked. We're you shocked when Jimmer stayed. Do you think he has regrets? Manti Teo?



Blue is Better is dead wrong about the amount of money KVN might be passing up this year. Dead wrong. And, if KVN establishes a Jimmer like legacy - notice how manny advertising commercials he appears in. If he establishes a national Manti Teo type legacy - 1st round - big bucks.



KVN is doing the right thing - only those who could have built a legacy - but chose not to do so - understand that you cannot go back and do it later.



KVN might even convince Blue is Better that he is even better than Rob Morris by staying.



Maybe KVN would like to make a 1st team all-American list or two.



Maybe instead of having his name come up as the only guy totally in every defensive stat two years in a row - he would like to make it three years in a row - that might stand for a generation or two or three.



Money is over-rated anyway - and with the emerging tax the rich trend - will be even more over-rated.



Of course KVN will need to perform in 2013 - and build whatever he builds



Ainge, Young, McMahon, Jimmer, Detmer, Cosic, ..............KVN........... Collie, Pitta



Where will he fall in the list when he is done? Maybe best defensive player ever?



TBD
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.