Archived Topic

2012 Movie releases rated in order of best to worst

by hawkwing · 12/28/2012

Advertisement
G
Guest
This is a list of all the movies released in 2012 that I saw listed in order of excellence.



The Avengers

Les Misérables

Skyfall

Haywire

The Dark Knight Rises

The Amazing Spiderman

Looper

Act of Valor

Taken 2

Snow White and the Huntsman

The Hunger Games

John Carter

The Hobbit

Total Recall

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

The Bourne Legacy

21 Jump Street

Chronicle

Red Dawn

Gone

This Means War

Men in Black 3
S
SpiffCoug
Snow White and the Huntsman is WAY too high on this list. What an awful movie.



And Hawk, where's Twilight? I know you camped out for it.
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
Snow White and the Huntsman is WAY too high on this list. What an awful movie.



And Hawk, where's Twilight? I know you camped out for it.


It may not have been a good movie, but Charlize Theron is as hot as they come and I'll watch it over and over just to see her!



As for Twilight, I know we camped out for it, but I'm excluding any movie I saw more than 10 times from the list...
U
urroner
My top five

1. Hobbit

2. Hobbit

3. Avengers

4. Hobbit

5. Hobbit



Skyfall was awesome also as was Act of Valor



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
I just redboxed one movie that was a mashup of all the best films of the year: The Miserable Avenging Hobbit who Valiantly Fell from the Dark Night Sky.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Schmoe wrote:
I just redboxed one movie that was a mashup of all the best films of the year: The Miserable Avenging Hobbit who Valiantly Fell from the Dark Night Sky.


Well done but incomplete! He also killed half the Armenian male population despite being infected with a virus
S
snoscythe
Skyfall was disappointing for me. What other Bond movie ends with the villain getting everything he wanted?
D
Ddawg
Wow Hawk, John Carter over the Hobbit eh? I saw "JC" and loved it. I bought the DVD too. I think it was one of the most ignored and underrated films of 2012.



Bold call though. I don't disagree, I just haven't seen The Hobbit. It's just that everyone is making such a big deal of The Hobbit. I'll have to see it.
U
urroner
Ddawg wrote:
Wow Hawk, John Carter over the Hobbit eh? I saw "JC" and loved it. I bought the DVD too. I think it was one of the most ignored and underrated films of 2012.



Bold call though. I don't disagree, I just haven't seen The Hobbit. It's just that everyone is making such a big deal of The Hobbit. I'll have to see it.

Dawgman, you haven't witnessed THE HOBBIT yet,and you call yourself a man¡!!!!!



BEGONE YOU SNIVELING VILE LITTLE SMEAGOL.



You and your ilk sicken me and all true Cougar fans.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Metal Bubba
snoscythe wrote:
Skyfall was disappointing for me.


Agreed. I was also deeply disappointed with the mess that is "The Hobbit".
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
snoscythe wrote:
Skyfall was disappointing for me. What other Bond movie ends with the villain getting everything he wanted?


I really liked Skyfall. Lots of things stayed the same--like the fact that scores if not hundreds of bad guys shooting hundreds if not thousands of bullets that can never seem to hit Bond. See some things never change!



in the disappointment department, Russell Crowe singing Jaubert was painful to behold...I loved the movie, but whoever thought Crowe would make a good Jaubert....well it's like having KWhit sing the BYU fight song....



Further: with the Avengers, the most highly sophisticated evil Gods come to wax earth and the best they can bring is a flying centipede? Seriously? But then the highest tech thing we earthlings can come up with is a flying aircraft carrier..because why?
S
Schmoe
BoiseBYU wrote:

Further: with the Avengers, the most highly sophisticated evil Gods come to wax earth and the best they can bring is a flying centipede? Seriously? But then the highest tech thing we earthlings can come up with is a flying aircraft carrier..because why?


Nobody has ever accused comic book writers of being too smart or clever.
G
Guest
No one else going to list their 2012 movies ranked? Come on people!
D
Ddawg
urroner wrote:
Wow Hawk, John Carter over the Hobbit eh? I saw "JC" and loved it. I bought the DVD too. I think it was one of the most ignored and underrated films of 2012.



Bold call though. I don't disagree, I just haven't seen The Hobbit. It's just that everyone is making such a big deal of The Hobbit. I'll have to see it.

Dawgman, you haven't witnessed THE HOBBIT yet,and you call yourself a man¡!!!!!



BEGONE YOU SNIVELING VILE LITTLE SMEAGOL.



You and your ilk sicken me and all true Cougar fans.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ]


I apoligize. Actually, I am in Mesa, Az for the New Year. We are talking about going to see either Les Miseralbes or The Hobbit today (this afternoon). The evil bride is leaning strongly towards Les Miseralbes. So ..... I will yield and obey.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BoiseBYU
Ddawg wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
Wow Hawk, John Carter over the Hobbit eh? I saw "JC" and loved it. I bought the DVD too. I think it was one of the most ignored and underrated films of 2012.



Bold call though. I don't disagree, I just haven't seen The Hobbit. It's just that everyone is making such a big deal of The Hobbit. I'll have to see it.

Dawgman, you haven't witnessed THE HOBBIT yet,and you call yourself a man¡!!!!!



BEGONE YOU SNIVELING VILE LITTLE SMEAGOL.



You and your ilk sicken me and all true Cougar fans.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ]


I apoligize. Actually, I am in Mesa, Az for the New Year. We are talking about going to see either Les Miseralbes or The Hobbit today (this afternoon). The evil bride is leaning strongly towards Les Miseralbes. So ..... I will yield and obey.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Tip: Russell Crowe would have made a better Hobbit than Jaubert ... ;)
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Ok - here is my list of my favorite movies - in order. (This is embarrassing, I don't get out much - don't laugh).



The Avengers

Lincoln

Argo

Skyfall

John Carter

Looper

End of Watch

Dark Night Rises (Bane didn't really grab me. Everything else was great)

Hunger Games

Snow White and the Huntsman

The Bourne Legacy (I loved this movie for the 1st 3/4. The ending fell apart - ridiculous chase scene)





On my list of "must see" - The Hobbit, Les Miserables, and Jack Reacher. I'm boycotting Django Unchained (personal dislike of Tarentino - he's a Jackass IMHO)
S
SpiffCoug
Ok, here is my list, ranked in order of my level of enjoyment:

The Avengers

Prometheus

Dark Knight Rises

Argo

The Hobbit

Skyfall

Hunger Games

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 3D

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Ice Age 3

The Pirate Movie

Men in Black 3

2016: Obama's America

Snow White and the Huntsman
M
mizzoucoug
hawkwing wrote:
This is a list of all the movies released in 2012 that I saw listed in order of excellence.



The Avengers

Les Misérables

Skyfall

Haywire

The Dark Knight Rises

The Amazing Spiderman

Looper

Act of Valor

Taken 2

Snow White and the Huntsman

The Hunger Games

John Carter

The Hobbit

Total Recall

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

The Bourne Legacy

21 Jump Street

Chronicle

Red Dawn

Gone

This Means War

Men in Black 3


The Hobbit: Excellent adaptation and very well done again by Peter Jackson.



The Avengers: Great flick.



Taken 2: Actually haven't seen it yet but I know I'll like it.

......

The Dark Knight Rises: Embarrassing plot and criminally boring villain. Bain is the worst "bad guy" to ever appear on the screen and he has the gayest voice to boot. I have nothing good to say about this movie, and TDK is a top 10 all time movie for me.



Total Recall: Stopped watching after 20 minutes once I realized the writers set up a competition to see how many times they could use the S*&% word. That plus the nudity and slow pace = another Hollywood remake fial.



Jack Reacher: Tom "Lil' Midget" Cruise is not Jack Reacher. I don't care to give this movie a single cent. One of the biggest mis-casts in cinematic history.
M
Mars


Best movie scene of 2012:

The "auto-doctor booth" scene, Prometheus.



Least surprising:

Policeman John Blake doesn't like being called by his middle name, Dark Knight Rises.



Worst ending:

Derp, Looper.



Worst remake:

Even with 3-boobs, Total Recall.



Best Ben Stiller Movie:

Get over here and help me finger this ball, The Watch.



Best Remake:

The Lizard attacks, The Amazing Spider-Man.



Most beheadings by a historical character:

Spines must be made of butter, Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter.



Why does that war-ship have a mouth?

Loki's friends are lame, The Avengers.



Not a Comedy:

Except for maybe the Friendlies scene, Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.



Best Animated Movie:

Even with butts and cleavage, Brave.



Best/Worst trip down memory lane:

Ending credits, Breaking Dawn II.



You Know How I Know You're Gay?:

You watched this movie, Magic Mike.



Vanilla Ice Yo!:

Vanilla Ice is my uncle? That's My Boy.



Jonny Derp finally jumps the shark:

The pirate kills the vampire genre, Derp Shadows.



Best date movie:

I want to be Katniss, The Five-Year Engagement.



Best Movie Ever:

Joss Whedon y'all! Cabin In The Woods.
C
cornhole153
Argo

Hunger Games

Moonrise Kingdom

Silver Linings Playbook

Les Miserables

Casa de mi Padre

Lincoln (should be higher but I fell asleep)

Bernie

Dark Knight

21 Jump St.

The Pirates: Band of Misfits

Hotel Transylvania



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.