C
Cougy_MonsterThis article on espn discusses the best coaches jobs in College and the NFL. Aside from the interesting teams they discuss as the best coaching destinations I was blown away by some of the $$$ #s.
The Texas Longhorns are worth more than 3 NFL teams. Wow. That's a crazy amount of money. It's not quite a billion but its close.
I know historically the Cougs have played very well against the Longhorns. And I'm one of those fans that thinks BYU in a good season can play with anybody in the country. Even with 2 losses I felt the Cougs in Beck's final bowl game could have won any BCS game rather than being relegated to taking Oregon behind the shed 38-8 in Vegas.
But over the long haul if BYU is lucky enough to get a big12 invite, can the program compete with a team year in and year out that spends in one year on football what the Cougs spent in the entire Lavell era?
Personally I think absolutely YES. But it'd take about 8 years for BYU to raise the bar sufficiently to become consistently dominant.
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8733842
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
The Texas Longhorns are worth more than 3 NFL teams. Wow. That's a crazy amount of money. It's not quite a billion but its close.
I know historically the Cougs have played very well against the Longhorns. And I'm one of those fans that thinks BYU in a good season can play with anybody in the country. Even with 2 losses I felt the Cougs in Beck's final bowl game could have won any BCS game rather than being relegated to taking Oregon behind the shed 38-8 in Vegas.
But over the long haul if BYU is lucky enough to get a big12 invite, can the program compete with a team year in and year out that spends in one year on football what the Cougs spent in the entire Lavell era?
Personally I think absolutely YES. But it'd take about 8 years for BYU to raise the bar sufficiently to become consistently dominant.
http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=8733842
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

