Archived Topic

Road trip to which game next year

by scott715 · 12/25/2012

Advertisement
S
scott715
I know we don't know the full schedule for 2013 yet but which one game are you going to or would go to? I am asking from a realistic point of view and not which game is the most sexxy. Of course we would all choose Notre Damen but a lot of us would not go. I am thinking of going to one game. Trying to make up my mind. I teach at a college so the time of the year affects my options.



I am thinking about the Virginia game since I would not be in session yet. I have been saving up my frequent flier miles and points in Marriott Rewards program. I went to the Ole Miss game and th ticket was the most expensive part. a pretty afordable trip. this year was BSU, just a three hour car drive.



Hope to hear the complete schedule soon.
J
JamieVallen
I don't know if I'd be in a minority or not... But if I could choose one game to go to it would probably be the Virginia game. It's a pretty awesome stadium. Good memories from our last game there, and it's the first game of the year not to mention a nice fan base who don't treat their opposing fans bad unless of course you're from VA Tech....



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Think there is any chance ESPN moves the game up to Thursday to open the season again? I think it is too early to get a plane ticket due to that. What else would you do in VA?
Y
YNot
I am planning on Virginia and Wisconsin. If you haven't been to Notre Dame, it would be a MUST go. But because I attended the BYU-Notre Dame game in 2012, Virginia and Wisconsin move up. Too bad Wisconsin and Notre Dame games aren't back-to-back. That would be a fun week in Chicago. You could see Wisconsin and Notre Dame and visit Chicago and Nauvoo midweek.



The only draw back to the Wisconsin game is the November date. Brrrrrrrrr! But a fantastic venue against Gary Anderson's new team. Should be fun.



I'm also considering dropping in for the Houston game. I'll be flying back from Florida that weekend, so I might make the extended layover.



Hawaii is also in the mix, if it stays at December 7 date. That would be awesome to visit Pearl Harbor on December 7! But that depends on how business goes in 2013.



Season tickets at LES is a must. Texas, Utah, Boise State, and Georgia Tech!
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
scott715 wrote:
Think there is any chance ESPN moves the game up to Thursday to open the season again? I think it is too early to get a plane ticket due to that. What else would you do in VA?


It is a neat little college town. Hills. Trees. Golf courses. Fall.



Just do it. Go early and spend a few extra days in town.



BBQ. Hospitality.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
My wife does not like football and would give me endless grief about going to any of them - wait - my son is serving a mission in Houston. Curiosity may get the best of the cat.



As far as venues



Brats in Wisconsin - nice

ND plus a side trip to Chicago where I lived twice - sweet

Virginia - beautiful in the fall - southern hospitality - college town

- nice enough

Houston - normally this would not make my list - but 2013 might

Hawaii - where I lived for a decade - Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa



If I were a rich man......



I would go to them all



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I don't know about regular season road trips for me. But I'm definitely doing the bowl game in San Francisco next year.
L
Lawboy
Will either be Virginia or Wisconsin. Waiting to see the final schedule and dates. The Wisconsin game falls 2 days after my anniversary, and might need to be home for that weekend. If the week previous stays open, then will go to Wisconsin. If not, Virginia it is. I have in-laws in the DC area who are going, so can fly in and out of there easily and travel down with them.
A
ABYUFAN
SpiffCoug wrote:
I don't know about regular season road trips for me. But I'm definitely doing the bowl game in San Francisco next year.

Me too - I'm stoked about this game and setting!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.