Archived Topic

Poinsettia bowl tv ratings

by scott715 · 12/24/2012

Advertisement
B
BerliNY
Mentioned this in another thread, but attendance was up ~50% over the previous year.
S
SpiffCoug
The rating was 100% where I was (Buffalo Wild Wings). Everyone was watching. The game was always on in my house. I'm glad BYU is on as often as it is and that I have the ability to watch just about every game
S
scott715
We had a party so it was only 1 tv instead of 3 if we had not been together.
G
Gunk
I recorded it. Couldn't get home on time.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
wasn't there also an NFL game that night?
S
Schmoe
craigoscarson wrote:
wasn't there also an NFL game that night?


No, they moved it to Friday.
M
mizzoucoug
3 of us in 1 house watching as well.
I
IowaCougar
Ratings depression to be expected - do you know any SDSU fans?
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I'm still not certain as to how they calculate these numbers. Does someone make a call to the different areas or what? In my whole like, I've only been asked once, back in the 70's, about what programs I've watched. I don't know anyone else who has, so I simply do not understand why this SDSU/BYU matchup would be less watched than the USU/Toledo game. There have been times when they claim the ratings have been higher than I've expected, so I simply do not understand where their data comes from. Not having any competion on a Thursday evening, I don't understand why the matchup would have less than the previous Poinsettia games. Something simply does not pass the smell test, expecially after the article earlier in the week in the Des News on how BYU is a national brand. I didn't know anyone that was a BYU fan say they weren't going to watch the game, so this is nuts.
C
Cougarbib
Wow. Bad. I guess most BYU fans can't get up for a great defense.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Cougarbib wrote:
Wow. Bad. I guess most BYUfans can't get up for a great defense.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

BYU fans aren't the only ones who don't get excited for great defenses.



I imagine that BCS Champ bowl ratings dropped considerably from the start to the end.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.