Archived Topic

Should BYU Fire WR Coach Ben Cahoon?

by Cougarbib · 12/24/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Interesting question re a very popular coach



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
IDK how popular or effective. Jury still out, which is odd that it would be. Have to do something with downfield blocking and Apo. But no, needs more time.
S
stuckinbig10country
Ok, I know everyone wants more out of Apo, but teams are still double teaming him, and he stretches the field (QB who played most couldn't throw it deep enough to make him effective). The route running by all of BYU's receivers is so much better than it used to be.
S
SpiffCoug
Mars wrote:


Seems like the number of dropped passes has gone down considerably with him. I'm more for promoting him, giving him the TEs as well.



http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23142343&nid=498&title=cougar-tracks-catching-on" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Agreed. Our TEs have really struggled the last three years under Anae's and Reynolds' tutelage.
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
Another unanimous vote says it all. If he is coaching receivers to run better routes and there are fewer drops, he is doing his job. I also agree to let him take over coaching the TE's in their receiving duties, and have the TE's work with the Oline in their blocking duties. I have never understood the need to have a separate Tight Ends coach. They either block or run pass routes. Seems like we already have coaches who cover those duties.
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:


Seems like the number of dropped passes has gone down considerably with him. I'm more for promoting him, giving him the TEs as well.



http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23142343&nid=498&title=cougar-tracks-catching-on" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


+1. Yep. I don't understand how BYU TE's, once a "go to" staple of our offense - have disappeared. Mongo bewildered.
I
Isola
I really like that article from ksl. That is a stat that is fairly easy to separate from the other factors such as QB or play calling which affect receptions and yardage. And while the drops stat doesn't tell you anything about route running or blocking, it is clear that the drops are headed in the right direction.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.