I love Ty Detmer. He threw a lot of picks, though. Usually vs good defenses. Do not expect magic. And if he comes and struggles - be patient and civil. He has Legacy right up there with Steve Young and Jim McMahon.
Detmer has the NFL single game interception record at 7. Yes 7 in a single game.
He hopefully has untangled him from the investment firm scandal he was associated with. I do not believe Detmer was even slightly knowledgeable about the fraud - but got dragged through the proverbial mud a bit. These things can be huge distractions - see Arkansas this year - if court proceedings are on-going.
Anyway he is human. A great guy. He has four daughters. I think at least one of them is already enrolled at BYU.
If he comes to BYU - hopefully it is with eyes wide open - he is a legacy asset to BYU and The LDS Church. It sure would be nice if things stay that way.
He would definitely have a learning curve to coach at the college level.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] 
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">