Archived Topic

Bowl Attendance 35,442

by scott715 · 12/21/2012

Advertisement
B
BerliNY
Last year (TCU vs LaTech) the attendence was officially 24,607. An extra 11k fans never hurt. Assuming the ticket prices I saw were about the same as last year, that's an extra $1M in ticket sales alone.
S
scott715
Well they said that about 41,000 had been sold leading up to the game. I hope BYU did not have to eat about 6,000 tickets.
E
EM_Puma
I can't remember much pans of the audience, except from the Goodyear plimp from far away, where you could could only tell there was no one in the upper deck. 35K is not bad on a Thursday before Christmas.
T
the1blzdcougar
scott715 wrote:
Well they said that about 41,000 had been sold leading up to the game. I hope BYU did not have to eat about 6,000 tickets.


I read they donated a few thousand to military families around the area. Solid move.
Advertisement
S
scott715
So I guess we ate them. Did they give some to missionaries?
M
MesaCougFan
We looked into driving over from Mesa for the game. My wife couldn't justify $98 a ticket for 6 of us 5 of which who could take it or leave it.
U
urroner
MesaCougFan wrote:
We looked into driving over from Mesa for the game. My wife couldn't justify $98 a ticket for 6 of us 5 of which who could take it or leave it.

If I had a wife like that, I'd be deeply troubled, but since I had don' have one, I'm even more troubled.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Her's hope for a better 2013!
L
Lawboy
BYU outperformed ticket sales for this bowl, just as it did for the NM Bowl in 2010 and the Armed Forces in 2011. BYU sold more tickets that the historic average in all 3 years, and pulled in better TV ratings for those bowls t han their historic avergaes as well, I beleive.



In otehr words, the bowl committees got what they wanted from BYU all 3 years---more $$ and better bowl exposure.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
If you've read "Death to the BCS," you know that bowl games are making money hand-over-fist regardless of attendance and TV numbers. Sure, those can increase how much money they bring in and they want the most money they can get, but it's really not as big a deal as we've been led to believe.
B
BerliNY
scott715 wrote:
Her's hope for a better 2013!


Yeah, him's too.
D
Ddawg
BerliNY wrote:
Her's hope for a better 2013!


Yeah, him's too.


I'll throw in with that sentiment. Here's my hope for an improved 2013.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.