C
CougarbibI live for BYU football. I really do. Stake Presidency comes to our Ward building Thursday at 6:00 PM - first come - first served for Temple Recommends. I met with the Bishop as did my wife Sunday. All week I kept telling my wife to make sure we did not forget Thursday night - Not putting 2 and 2 together. Temple Recommend expires at the end of December. So - about 30 minutes into the game she reminds me - then says - we could wait and see if the Stake President in Calufornia can finish the process - we are leaving on vacation in the morning - and moving Jan 1.
I bit down hard and went. Had to leave with BYU on offense. Put KSL on my phone until I got to Church. Tweet said Riley wArming up. Phone off.
BYULV was there signing up time slots. Had another meeting later. Was going to TIVO it.
Stake Presudency was all there.
I was home in 30-45 minutes to watch the rest if the game.
Blue is Better was out of state with fanily. Several fans posted being somewhere other than at the stadium.
Bronco takes heat for football as fifth. I think it is about fifth for most of the fans.
I am OK with the priority of BYU football.
I enjoyed the season - disappointments and all.
We saw at least 7 exciting games - plus 2-3 other interesting games - and only 3 uninteresting ones. We saw a great defense in almost every game. The team hung together - family. If KVN and Hoff stay - it will be because of that feeling of family and because of their love for coaches and teammates.
I could whine about a few things. Like 2 for 1s. Others will make sure the whining is covered.
I expected 9-4 if Riley was healthy but did not expect that Riley would be healthy and knew we had no experienced depth at QB. So 8-5 was at the high end of what I expected with this road schedule.
I predicted the defense would have to win the Bowl Game no matter which QB played.
Why
We have a porous OL
We have no fullback
We had a gritty, unspectacular QB when healthy and less than that no matter who played when he was not healthy
We had a pedestrian RB until he was injured and replaced by a talented but inexperienced RB
We had unspectacular and inconsistent Tight ends
We have only one WR that is a serious threat
We had a crippled Kicker
We have inexperienced coaches on offense
Yes Punter was great
Returners were OK
Defense was awesome
Defensive coaches are strong
That was about it. We knew it going in.
Next Year
Schedule is killer - interesting - but killer
Offense should improve - it can't help but improve - but it will not be great
Offensive coaches will have a bit more experience - Reynolds retired - who knows who else comes and goes - perhaps more instability
If Hoffman stays - who do we really lose on offense that matters
We lose one of the best 3 punters we have ever had
We lose the heart and soul of the best defense we have ever had - especially if KVN goes
Maybe our kicker heals - or we find a new one
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I bit down hard and went. Had to leave with BYU on offense. Put KSL on my phone until I got to Church. Tweet said Riley wArming up. Phone off.
BYULV was there signing up time slots. Had another meeting later. Was going to TIVO it.
Stake Presudency was all there.
I was home in 30-45 minutes to watch the rest if the game.
Blue is Better was out of state with fanily. Several fans posted being somewhere other than at the stadium.
Bronco takes heat for football as fifth. I think it is about fifth for most of the fans.
I am OK with the priority of BYU football.
I enjoyed the season - disappointments and all.
We saw at least 7 exciting games - plus 2-3 other interesting games - and only 3 uninteresting ones. We saw a great defense in almost every game. The team hung together - family. If KVN and Hoff stay - it will be because of that feeling of family and because of their love for coaches and teammates.
I could whine about a few things. Like 2 for 1s. Others will make sure the whining is covered.
I expected 9-4 if Riley was healthy but did not expect that Riley would be healthy and knew we had no experienced depth at QB. So 8-5 was at the high end of what I expected with this road schedule.
I predicted the defense would have to win the Bowl Game no matter which QB played.
Why
We have a porous OL
We have no fullback
We had a gritty, unspectacular QB when healthy and less than that no matter who played when he was not healthy
We had a pedestrian RB until he was injured and replaced by a talented but inexperienced RB
We had unspectacular and inconsistent Tight ends
We have only one WR that is a serious threat
We had a crippled Kicker
We have inexperienced coaches on offense
Yes Punter was great
Returners were OK
Defense was awesome
Defensive coaches are strong
That was about it. We knew it going in.
Next Year
Schedule is killer - interesting - but killer
Offense should improve - it can't help but improve - but it will not be great
Offensive coaches will have a bit more experience - Reynolds retired - who knows who else comes and goes - perhaps more instability
If Hoffman stays - who do we really lose on offense that matters
We lose one of the best 3 punters we have ever had
We lose the heart and soul of the best defense we have ever had - especially if KVN goes
Maybe our kicker heals - or we find a new one
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

