Archived Topic

City of Palms Lone Peak wins game 1, 2, 3 in championship

by craigoscarson · 12/20/2012

Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
LP plays Chester, PA tomorrow at 3:15 (Utah time). Chester has won 61 games in a row. Go Knights!
C
Cougs_Rule
Craig, thanks for following and alerting on LP.

whether they are worthy of #1 or not is uncertain, but they are for sure Top Ten. And if they win out this weekend, they definitely are worthy. I don't think BYU fans or even local folks realize how big this is. A handful of white, Mormon kids have the #1 team in America.
B
BYULV
Up 24 now late in the third. Wish it was on tv, sounds like they're schooling those guys.
Advertisement
W
Wolverine
Interesting to look at Play by play Gamecast. It looks as if little Haws can give big brother a run for the money at the charity stripe. Looks like Lone Peak might be on course for a tournament championship matchup with Long Beach Poly if they continue to win. These kids are getting the kind of game experience that will prep them well as they move on to the next level. It will be fun to see what Coach Rose can do with these kids in the future.
S
Schmoe
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Craig, thanks for following and alerting on LP.

whether they are worthy of #1 or not is uncertain...


Are you a believer now?
W
Wolverine
Lone Peak wins 73-50 over #3 ranked team in the country. http://www.maxpreps.com/polls/basketball/xcellent25.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Win tomorrow night and they could have championship showdown with nation's #2 Long Beach Poly. I'm a believer.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
beauso79 wrote:
http://twitter.com/Qwixcore/status/281940725103489024/photo/1





Nick Emery just won the City of Palms 3 pt shooting contest


We could use Nick Emery badly next year to replace Cusick/Calvert and play some 2 for us. Not sure how we'll survive without Brandon


Guess you haven't seen Eric Mika play....





I think Harward will be much improved next year too as will Ambrosino. I am less confident about the ceiling of Austin. We also get Nielsen, who I expect will be a more athletic 7 footer than we've seen recently from Austin and Harward;the question is how ready will he be?



Regardless, we'll be really really big next year if we want to be. They just might not be as polished as Brandon.
B
beauso79
craigoscarson wrote:
craigoscarson wrote:
http://twitter.com/Qwixcore/status/281940725103489024/photo/1





Nick Emery just won the City of Palms 3 pt shooting contest


We could use Nick Emery badly next year to replace Cusick/Calvert and play some 2 for us. Not sure how we'll survive without Brandon


Guess you haven't seen Eric Mika play....





I think Harward will be much improved next year too as will Ambrosino. I am less confident about the ceiling of Austin. We also get Nielsen, who I expect will be a more athletic 7 footer than we've seen recently from Austin and Harward;the question is how ready will he be?



Regardless, we'll be really really big next year if we want to be. They just might not be as polished as Brandon.


Nope I haven't been able to watch Mika play but I believe you and the fact that Mika is tearing up the circuit this year. As for Nielsen won't he be another year behind due to his mission? Unless he comes home early he's not due back until fall 2014 if I'm not mistaken.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
Isaac Nielsen should be on the team next year. Whether or not he redshirts is another story.
T
theintentionalfoul
What's up. 2nd time I've caught Lone Peak this year (1st time in Chicago) and boy do I love watching this team play. TJ Haws started the show early and Emery put the dagger in to start the 2nd half. A brief recap is on my blog:



theintentionalfoul.blogspot.com
B
beauso79
SpiffCoug wrote:
Isaac Nielsen should be on the team next year. Whether or not he redshirts is another story.


Really - when did he leave on his mission?? Everything I've read said he didn't turn 19 until December 2011 and therefore left in 2011. Is he coming home early??
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
beauso79 wrote:
Isaac Nielsen should be on the team next year. Whether or not he redshirts is another story.


Really - when did he leave on his mission?? I thought he left in December 2011

Right which gets him back next year - in the middle of the season. So he might enroll in January and be able to join the team then and RS. Unless he postpones his enrollment.
W
Wolverine
theintentionalfoul wrote:
What's up. 2nd time I've caught Lone Peak this year (1st time in Chicago) and boy do I love watching this team play. TJ Haws started the show early and Emery put the dagger in to start the 2nd half. A brief recap is on my blog:



theintentionalfoul.blogspot.com


Welcome to CougarCorner and thanks for the link to your blog. Glad you are enjoying watching the future of BYU basketball in action. Us BYU hoops fans like to think that the future looks very bright with the addition to these kids from Lone Peak. Keep us posted on the next 2 days of hoops action.
T
tmoney35
beauso79 wrote:
http://twitter.com/Qwixcore/status/281940725103489024/photo/1





Nick Emery just won the City of Palms 3 pt shooting contest


We could use Nick Emery badly next year to replace Cusick/Calvert and play some 2 for us. Not sure how we'll survive without Brandon


I'm pretty sure I remember Emery saying he was planning to leave on a mission directly after high school.



Speak of which, what are the mission plans for this great recruiting class? How long before we get all these guys playing for us at the same time?
B
beauso79
SpiffCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
Isaac Nielsen should be on the team next year. Whether or not he redshirts is another story.


Really - when did he leave on his mission?? I thought he left in December 2011

Right which gets him back next year - in the middle of the season. So he might enroll in January and be able to join the team then and RS. Unless he postpones his enrollment.


Have we ever had a missionary return in December and be able to contribute right away in the winter?? Is this even a possibility with Rose and the NCAA??
S
SpiffCoug
RM, no. But Carlino didn't join the team until December. I don't know if Rose will be willing to waste a year of eligibility (even an RS year) on an RM who likely won't be in any condition to contribute.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.