Archived Topic

Conference Rumors

by BoiseBYU · 12/19/2012

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
ESPN Insider reporting that P12 and Big 12 have both made stealthy inquiries of BYU recently. As Spiff says however, believe nothing!
G
Guest
INSIDE SOURCES SAY PAC12 HAS INVITED BYU!!! SO HAS BIG12!!!



;)
S
StatsCougar
hawkwing wrote:
INSIDE SOURCES SAY PAC12 HAS INVITED BYU!!! SO HAS BIG12!!!



;)


Are those voices coming from inside you head ;) ?
C
Cougarfan87
It is just a matter of time before SEC goes to 16 with NC State and Virginia Tech. The Big XII would have no problem picking up a few more former Big East teams. The Pac XII would be the one hurting for other quality schools to add. It makes sense to inquire about BYU. Had this happened a few years ago, BYU would probably jump at the chance. However, I believe that it will take a lot to dynamite BYU out of independence now. Who else is going to allow Non-Sunday play AND allow second tier TV rights to BYU TV so that football games can be seen all over the world? Exposure is important to BYU's mission, and playing in the PAC where noone ever sees your games just won't cut it.



While it would be great for football, I don't see it happening.
S
scott715
The Pac might be interested in us if we gave up 3 tier rights but was guaranteed to broadcast all of our games to the Pac12 network and we got the network picked up everywhere. I don't ever want to see the network but if BYU joined, I would sign up for it.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Wow. I honestly don't know, after all that we've seen transpire, what BYU would do if offered. We have been led to believe that so far they wouldn't give up any potential to be seen on TV media. Money doesn't sway us, so I'm at a loss to guess. Geographically the PAC12 fits us better, but I don't know who would give us more of a challenge, the liberal left of the PAC12 or the Bible-belt Big12.



But I'm not going to expect anything until I actually see it happen. I've been down that road too often in the past two years and I've never seen such an issue cause the degree of fan apathy that I have seen because of it.
F
frdbtr
I would prefer to be in the same conference as utah so we get to continue the rivalry but IMO the Pac 12 is never going to invite BYU for any reason so that leaves the big 12. If they can get no sunday play in writing I would think BYU would jump at that opportunity.
B
BerliNY
frdbtr wrote:
I would prefer to be in the same conference as utah so we get to continue the rivalry but IMO the Pac 12 is never going to invite BYU for any reason so that leaves the big 12. If they can get no sunday play in writing I would think BYU would jump at that opportunity.


Word. Unless P12 decides that religion is OK, it will never happen, they proved that when they invited Utah. B12 I think is much more realistic.
C
Cougarbib
If BYU gets "No Sunday Play" they would not turn down PAC or Big 12.



They would be nuts to turn down either conference.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
P
Phatgreen
Yawn...wake me when something actually happens.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
Phatgreen wrote:
Yawn...wake me when something actually happens.


keep on sleeping, Rumpelstiltskin. Nothing is going to happen.
Y
Y 4 Ever
BoiseBYU wrote:
ESPN Insider reporting that P12 and Big 12 have both made stealthy inquiries of BYU recently. As Spiff says however, believe nothing!


ya, it was a prank call from the Pac. Like that kid that announced he was going to Cal on TV, but the whole thing was a prank.
S
Schmoe
Y 4 Ever wrote:
Yawn...wake me when something actually happens.


keep on sleeping, Rumpelstiltskin. Nothing is going to happen.


Rip Van Winkle? I'm confused by Rumpelstiltskin sleeping.
Y
Y 4 Ever
Schmoe wrote:
Phatgreen wrote:
Yawn...wake me when something actually happens.


keep on sleeping, Rumpelstiltskin. Nothing is going to happen.


Rip Van Winkle? I'm confused by Rumpelstiltskin sleeping.


Ya, same thing. "Keep on sleeping <insert random nursery rhyme character here>"
A
a1247
This type of rumor has turned into the weekly/monthly kick in the "boys" for those of us who do want to go to one of these conferences because we dont believe indi is the long term solution. Everytime i hear one of these rumors a part of me dies knowing it will probably never happen and im going to be getting that gut ache that only happens after a good straight kick to the "baby makers"! :sick:



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
M
Mars


Just keep on sleepin', Lil Red Riding Hood!
U
urroner
StatsCougar wrote:
INSIDE SOURCES SAY PAC12 HAS INVITED BYU!!! SO HAS BIG12!!!



;)


Are those voices coming from inside you head ;) ?


+1
D
Ddawg
Phatgreen wrote:
Yawn...wake me when something actually happens.


+1. Word.
S
Schmoe
Keep on sleeping, Jack-be-Nimble.
G
Guest
Keep on sleeping, just a cigarette more!
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.