Archived Topic

BYU vs. ENMU

by Qman · 12/19/2012

Advertisement
Q
Qman
Quick notes about this game-



Carlino, Cusick, Haws, Austin and Davies started.



Davies and Haws are really good.



Carlino need to learn when guys are playing you for the pass you need to look for scoring opportunities.



-Delgado passed the ball fairly well and looks more and more confident in his defense and driving the ball

-Winder is still a cut above athletically than the rest of the team. Looked a step slow driving to the hoop. Shutdown a ENMU good quick point guard



-Calvert is the most effective slasher on the team.



Looks like to me Zylstra is fading out of the rotation with Winder, Delgado and Calvert taking the minutes.



Austin looks to play the bulk of the minutes at power forward over Sharp.
B
beauso79
Agreed that Delgado is starting to come around. Looking better and better. Zylstra is being phased out thank goodness. Austin should see more playing time at the 4 as we really need him and he can shoot it a little. Sharp is just too undersized at times. Then 2 more days until Bronson Kafusi "MIGHT" be able to join the team
Q
Qman
It going to be tough to work Bronson in (if he plays). Of course I would rather have him on the bench if needed but I don't see him picking up the schemes quickly enough to be a big factor.
B
beauso79
Qman wrote:
It going to be tough to work Bronson in (if he plays). Of course I would rather have him on the bench if needed but I don't see him picking up the schemes quickly enough to be a big factor.


You never know......as long as he's far enough a long by the WCC tourney
M
mizzoucoug
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Calvert will be a semi-star for us one day. I don't know, there is something about his game and they way he pulled up in front of that guy's face for 3 last night and his overall speed and swagger...
Advertisement
B
beauso79
mizzoucoug wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Calvert will be a semi-star for us one day. I don't know, there is something about his game and they way he pulled up in front of that guy's face for 3 last night and his overall speed and swagger...


Agreed - If Parker Commits to BYU I'd like to see Calvert postpone his mission. He's going to be pretty special
C
Cougs_Rule
Qman wrote:
It going to be tough to work Bronson in (if he plays). Of course I would rather have him on the bench if needed but I don't see him picking up the schemes quickly enough to be a big factor.


Yep, that's why Dave Rose approached BK. when our fours are ineffective vs the other fours defensively, as in Utah. It's not going to matter as much on scheme. He's a big body that can create some interior presence. Remember Loafy Shoaf? BK is a specimens physically compared to Shoaf, but Shoaf, who played on the football team, iirc, gave some important minutes.
C
Cougs_Rule
mizzoucoug wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Calvert will be a semi-star for us one day. I don't know, there is something about his game and they way he pulled up in front of that guy's face for 3 last night and his overall speed and swagger...


I'd agree. His size helps as well. He will be the similar to Jimmer in that he can be a real triple threat guy with the body and ups to finish at the rim and draw a lot of fouls.
M
Magnus Ver Magnusson
Qman wrote:

Looks like to me Zylstra is fading out of the rotation with Winder, Delgado and Calvert taking the minutes.


Thank goodness for this. I'm so happy to see that Rose isn't swayed by "grittiness" in his players but rather by actual talent and round ball skills.
J
jonnylingo
Qman wrote:



Looks like to me Zylstra is fading out of the rotation with Winder, Delgado and Calvert taking the minutes.


Why I love coach rose. It is about getting best players out there, emotions and everything else aside.
Advertisement
J
jonnylingo
I haven't been able to see all the games this year but i was at tuesday's game. calvert looked really confident and good out there. delgado looked to be playing with confidence as did ambrosino.



carlino still looked a little hesitant to shoot.
G
Gunk
beauso79 wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Calvert will be a semi-star for us one day. I don't know, there is something about his game and they way he pulled up in front of that guy's face for 3 last night and his overall speed and swagger...


Agreed - If Parker Commits to BYU I'd like to see Calvert postpone his mission. He's going to be pretty special


While I agree Calvert had some potential, I am not completely sold on his game. He favors his right way too much when dribbling; his left arm folded up at his chest. He's an easy trap. His handles are average.



I like his confidence. He's young, so we'll see what we get.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
jonnylingo wrote:
I haven't been able to see all the games this year but i was at tuesday's game. calvert looked really confident and good out there. delgado looked to be playing with confidence as did ambrosino.



carlino still looked a little hesitant to shoot.


Do you blame him. He's been in a slump and if he misses the fans aren't too patient with him.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.