Archived Topic

Conundrum

by IowaCougar · 12/18/2012

Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
I have a real problem! Thursday is the Poinsettia Bowl. It's also my 36th anniversary. Usually this would not be a problem - DVR it. Unfortunately, my DVR just went kaput. DirecTV is sending a new one, but it won't be here in time. Even though my wife occasionally likes watching BYU games with me, I don't think she would look kindly on this as an anniversary night date. :~(



Are there replays available on-line at BYUTV for the bowl game?
C
Cougs_Rule
36? Wow. congrats. Here's an idea. Compromise. Take the day off from work--unless you are retired already. Let her go get a massage, take her for a nice lunch and chick flick during the day--or whatever else she likes doing (shopping for the grandkids?) and make dinner and do the dishes and then watch the game together while helping her wrap presents. It's all about win-win and priorities. ;-)

Jacksonman might suggest taking a bath together but I won't go there.;-)
B
BoiseBYU
Congrats. Do the anniversary thing so there's a 37th... ;) when Riley plays you'll just get mad....
F
frdbtr
IowaCougar wrote:
I have a real problem! Thursday is the Poinsettia Bowl. It's also my 36th anniversary. Usually this would not be a problem - DVR it. Unfortunately, my DVR just went kaput. DirecTV is sending a new one, but it won't be here in time. Even though my wife occasionally likes watching BYU games with me, I don't think she would look kindly on this as an anniversary night date. :~(



Are there replays available on-line at BYUTV for the bowl game?


I would bet the bowl game will be available for replay if not same day, soon after.
I
IowaCougar
Unfortunately I don't have any days off left, so that one's out. (great idea though!)



We do have a nice big bathtub - I don't think however, that she'd think it would be too romantic to set up the TV in the bathroom so I could multi-task (did I really say multi-task there?) :blush:



Oh well, we'll figure it out. With our early morning schedule for Seminary, we can go out for dinner and last minute shopping, then maybe even take what you say is Jacksonman's advice. Then after she's asleep I could sneak downstairs and watch the 4th quarter on our remaining working receiver. Best of all worlds! :whistle:
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
I was watching Studio C last night, and BYUtv was going through the Bowl game programming. Yes, there is game day replay that night, and that leads me to believe that it'll be on BYU tv's online on demand option. It's a ESPN owned game, and my recollection of the contract was we get all of those
1
1967cougar
Were I am in this situation (and I have been - my anniversary is in Sept. and has conflicted with Puke games occasionally), I simply suggest we celebrate on Friday. We can stay out later. Maybe even an overnighter in a steamy motel. A promise to spend more money on her this way. And be upfront about wanting to see the game on Thursday. A bloodhound can always see through a smokescreen.
I
IowaCougar
snoscythe wrote:
It appears the game will be on BYUtv at 10 PM MST that night.



http://byutv.org/schedule?utcts=1355961600000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I have a feeling that I'm going to have a hard time staying awake for Seminary on Friday. Thanks! 8)
I
IowaCougar
ABYUFAN wrote:
I was watching Studio C last night, and BYUtv was going through the Bowl game programming. Yes, there is game day replay that night, and that leads me to believe that it'll be on BYU tv's online on demand option. It's a ESPN owned game, and my recollection of the contract was we get all of those


Speaking of Studio C - Did you see the latest "Shoulder Angel" last week with Shawn Bradley? I laughed so hard I thought I was going to have to change my pants! :lol:
Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Dont risk it man. We all want to see the bowl and any other game as much as possible, but it will be a total win if you're like, 'hey, i really want to watch the game honey, but i know that this time with you is more special, so lets do x,y,z'. You will thank me some time during the off season. There. I've thrown it out there.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
jonnylingo
Remember my friend. Football is a 5th priority not just for the team but for us as well. ;)
R
rblack
Just promise her a great Friday date night for her if you get a great Thursday date night for you.
C
Cougs_Rule
We could text You the score during the game, during your date. ;-)
B
BroncoBot
jonnylingo wrote:
Remember my friend. Football is a 5th priority not just for the team but for us as well. ;)

It jumps up the list on gameday. :evil: :evil:
Advertisement
W
Wickchad
IowaCougar wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have any days off left, so that one's out. (great idea though!)



We do have a nice big bathtub - I don't think however, that she'd think it would be too romantic to set up the TV in the bathroom so I could multi-task (did I really say multi-task there?) :blush:



Oh well, we'll figure it out. With our early morning schedule for Seminary, we can go out for dinner and last minute shopping, then maybe even take what you say is Jacksonman's advice. Then after she's asleep I could sneak downstairs and watch the 4th quarter on our remaining working receiver. Best of all worlds! :whistle:


There is a primitive device know as a "VCR". You can hook it up to your working receiver and record the game on this obtuse plastic cartridge like thingy called a "video cassette". By use of black magic or some other voodoo it is reported that you can re-watch recorded programing using this method. Best of all the picture quality will be reminiscent of the Mtn. (Good luck finding either a VCR or a Video Cassette...)
1
1967cougar
So I'm curious, Iowa. What did you end up doing? Cuz it would have had to be an outstanding anniversary evening to beat the game.
I
IowaCougar
Sorry I'm so slow with the update. I tried updating from my phone, but after writing out the whole think, I couldn't figure out how to "submit". It was kind of weird.



Anyway, this is how it went:



1) To my surprise, my new receiver/DVR arrived on Tuesday, and I was able to hook it up and get it going - problem solved!

2) Not so fast - we get hit by a blizzard Tuesday night, and the snow and ice caused us to lose all TV reception

3) Despite the blizzard, my son's flight managed to land in Des Moines on Wednesday afternoon, and we were able to pick him up (although driving in that weather was a little insane).

4) On Thursday morning, I talked my son into putting up a ladder and getting a broom to clean off the dish - picture restored!

5) Thursday night - I took my wife to dinner, although we had to search a little for a restaurant that was open.

6) My wife said those magic words: "I'm kind of tired - why don't we just head home and we can watch the game instead of staying out." :)

7) We watched the game, slightly delayed, but in real time by the 4th quarter (I really love being able to fast forward through those commercials and half-time).

8) BYU won!

9) I was really glad I didn't get on Cougar Corner during the game and read all of the whining - much better to just enjoy the fact that they won the game.

10) No comment on after-game activities.

:) :) :)
A
ABYUFAN
IowaCougar wrote:
I was watching Studio C last night, and BYUtv was going through the Bowl game programming. Yes, there is game day replay that night, and that leads me to believe that it'll be on BYU tv's online on demand option. It's a ESPN owned game, and my recollection of the contract was we get all of those


Speaking of Studio C - Did you see the latest "Shoulder Angel" last week with Shawn Bradley? I laughed so hard I thought I was going to have to change my pants! :lol:

My boys thought that that was the best segment all season
A
AmmonCougar1
My condundrum was receiving a BYU football jersey from my ute-loving in-laws. That's the good part. The rest of the story is that it is number 13. I had a tough time responding to say the least. But it doesn't have a name on back so I need some help identifying another player at BYU who wore #13 that I can refer to each time I wear it. Any suggestions?



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.