Archived Topic

Rumor is Lark getting the start

by Lawboy · 12/17/2012

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Allegedly been told he is the guy.
J
jonnylingo
Lawboy wrote:
Allegedly been told he is the guy.


Hopefully Lark can be as good against a better team as he was against lowly new mexico state.
S
SpiffCoug
Didn't we hear that before the Utah game? That he was told he is the guy?



At any rate, I do like the rumor. I think he gives BYU the best chance to win.



I wonder if Bronco realized, given his performance in the NMSU game, that an injured Riley doesn't give the Cougars their best chance to win in 2012, but that a healthy Lark is better than an injured Riley.



It's too bad it took a second injury and a great performance to have that figured out - if it has indeed figured out - at the cost of a season and potentially a couple, three, four wins.
J
jonnylingo
SpiffCoug wrote:
Didn't we hear that before the Utah game? That he was told he is the guy?



At any rate, I do like the rumor. I think he gives BYU the best chance to win.



I wonder if Bronco realized, given his performance in the NMSU game, that an injured Riley doesn't give the Cougars their best chance to win in 2012, but that a healthy Lark is better than an injured Riley.



It's too bad it took a second injury and a great performance to have that figured out - if it has indeed figured out - at the cost of a season and potentially a couple, three, four wins.


This along with hill getting hurt unnecessarily are the two biggest disappointments of this year.
S
Stirfry
It seems like starting Lark now can only fan the flames between the coaches and the fans. Either we lose due to Lark or everyone questions the judgement of the coaches even more. It's a no win situation for the coaches but I'll take the win over SDSU if Lark can give it to us. It'd make a great story for him.



I'm so ready for the Heaps/Riley "era" to be over.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
I hope your info is true because Riley is not healthy and won't be healthy by gametime. Rocky long was asked about Riley's injury and he said that similar injuries have taken 5 months of rest in his experience to heal. I don't care who our starting QB is as long as it isn't a Riley nelson who is a similar percentage to the one that started the BSU game.
C
Cougs_Rule
Stirfry wrote:
It seems like starting Lark now can only fan the flames between the coaches and the fans. Either we lose due to Lark or everyone questions the judgement of the coaches even more. It's a no win situation for the coaches but I'll take the win over SDSU if Lark can give it to us. It'd make a great story for him.



I'm so ready for the Heaps/Riley "era" to be over.


Yes, more than ready.



However, to your first point, I don't think it's a lose-lose prop. Everybody and their little sister knows that RN is hurt, has been hurt, and when 65% is no where close to as effective as Lark.

I for one, will get off Broncos back, if he done learnt his lesson. A loss with Lark < a loss with Riley. Fans will forgive. Broncos judgment was already in serious doubt. Showing he learned that there is more to being a qb than being "tougher than all of us" is good progress.

Now if Lark is stinking it up and he doesn't use Riley, then might be something wrong with that too, unless Riley is worse than 80%.



So what about next year? Anybody for a Taysom vs Ammon discussion? I will start a thread. C'mon, it'll be a fresh topic :D
S
Schmoe
A win is a win is a win. If the coaches make the decision that gets us this win, that's a good thing. I don't much care about all of the nonsense in the past. If Lark helps us win this game, I'd say it's a sign that the coaches learned a valuable lesson this season.
C
Cougarbib
Lawboy wrote:
Allegedly been told he is the guy.

Again?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Perhaps now that Bronco has removed the decision on who to start from Doman, we're seeing the results of that. Or perhaps they have both learned the lesson that a healthy Lark is better than an injured Nelson. Or perhaps they are punking us.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
SpiffCoug wrote:
Didn't we hear that before the Utah game? That he was told he is the guy?



At any rate, I do like the rumor. I think he gives BYU the best chance to win.



I wonder if Bronco realized, given his performance in the NMSU game, that an injured Riley doesn't give the Cougars their best chance to win in 2012, but that a healthy Lark is better than an injured Riley.



It's too bad it took a second injury and a great performance to have that figured out - if it has indeed figured out - at the cost of a season and potentially a couple, three, four wins.


Compare and Contrast



Idaho

NMSU



Both were dominated equally - because they are equally bad.



Hopefully, if Lark gets this shot - he will play well enough to keep our defense off the field a bit. Defense will need to win this one. Hope it does not come down to a field goal.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
hawkwing wrote:
Perhaps now that Bronco has removed the decision on who to start from Doman, we're seeing the results of that. Or perhaps they have both learned the lesson that a healthy Lark is better than an injured Nelson. Or perhaps they are punking us.


Punking Lark and all of Cougar Nation? Again? Man, the pressure will be on. If they punk and choke, heat will come from every direction, deservedly. That might be more pressure than even Bronco wants to take on his or Domans shoulders.
G
Guest
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Perhaps now that Bronco has removed the decision on who to start from Doman, we're seeing the results of that. Or perhaps they have both learned the lesson that a healthy Lark is better than an injured Nelson. Or perhaps they are punking us.


Punking Lark and all of Cougar Nation? Again? Man, the pressure will be on. If they punk and choke, heat will come from every direction, deservedly. That might be more pressure than even Bronco wants to take on his or Domans shoulders.


Actually it could be an internet "source" punking us too. I think we sometimes forget that these things are rumors on the internet and not been confirmed yet by anyone.
F
frdbtr
hawkwing wrote:
Perhaps now that Bronco has removed the decision on who to start from Doman, we're seeing the results of that. Or perhaps they have both learned the lesson that a healthy Lark is better than an injured Nelson. Or perhaps they are punking us.


Not sure why you are sticking with this. I guess it fits your template on Doman since Doman would have to be the stupidest Ocoordinator in the history of college football to prepare a guy all week long, create a gameplan specifically for that guy and then throw it all out in favor of an injured QB who hasn't practiced all week.



Doman may not have been the best coordinator this year, but I don't believe him that stupid. Someone else made that call.
W
Wickchad
Stirfry wrote:
I'm so ready for the Heaps/Riley "era" to be over.


The Heaps/Riley era won't be over until Heaps graduates from Kansas. If Heaps goes on to the NFL you can expect the era to continue until he retires. Fans won't let it go. If Heaps has a Ben Olson type career it will be over once Heaps plays his final NCAA game. Until then expect to see him continually discussed (especially if our QB is playing poorly).
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
frdbtr wrote:
Perhaps now that Bronco has removed the decision on who to start from Doman, we're seeing the results of that. Or perhaps they have both learned the lesson that a healthy Lark is better than an injured Nelson. Or perhaps they are punking us.


Not sure why you are sticking with this. I guess it fits your template on Doman since Doman would have to be the stupidest Ocoordinator in the history of college football to prepare a guy all week long, create a gameplan specifically for that guy and then throw it all out in favor of an injured QB who hasn't practiced all week.



Doman may not have been the best coordinator this year, but I don't believe him that stupid. Someone else made that call.


Yup. Especially on the two most important games of the year. Not sure why he is so adamant about it, especially when Doman is on record twice this season saying that Bronco makes the call.
C
Cougs_Rule
Frdbtr, this may be the first time your opinion has been in agreement with mine.

Sorry, Hawk, it still doesn't stand up.

This is why I thought we all could get a running start on next years qb controversy.



Wicked, interesting point about the Heaps/Riley era. You may be right. Bt since. Put the majority of the blame on Riley and Riley lovers, including Bronco, the ERA will be over--bth are gone. The bickering and arm-chair opining could go on for years!
G
Guest
BlueIsBetter wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Perhaps now that Bronco has removed the decision on who to start from Doman, we're seeing the results of that. Or perhaps they have both learned the lesson that a healthy Lark is better than an injured Nelson. Or perhaps they are punking us.


Not sure why you are sticking with this. I guess it fits your template on Doman since Doman would have to be the stupidest Ocoordinator in the history of college football to prepare a guy all week long, create a gameplan specifically for that guy and then throw it all out in favor of an injured QB who hasn't practiced all week.



Doman may not have been the best coordinator this year, but I don't believe him that stupid. Someone else made that call.


Yup. Especially on the two most important games of the year. Not sure why he is so adamant about it, especially when Doman is on record twice this season saying that Bronco makes the call.


Please give me links to both quotes.
C
Cougs_Rule
Oh c'mon Hawk. Remember? The "big bucks" quote? It was like last week or the week before.

Do you really need a reference?
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.