Archived Topic

Haws Looking Like A Solid Top 4 Team Player

by Mars · 11/21/2009

Advertisement
M
Mars


Here are my current player rankings, as far as how good they are and how valuable they are to this BYU team:



1. Fredette

2. JT

3. Emery

4. Haws



Haws and Emery go together like peas and carrots. It's a beautiful thing.



5. Could be Davies. Could be Abouo. Could be Hartsock. Should be Miles, but isn't at this point.



Also, Loyd has looked fairly good at times, much better than I expected. Morgan has had strong moments off the bench as well. And Anderson has looked a lot like Miles but with better rebounding (and a smaller frame).



I really like this team. Even the low-minute high-effort guys have really impressed me with how much they leave out on the floor every chance that they get.



Looks like no one is blue-shirting this year.



...And imagine how we'd be even better with the two Collinsworth brothers here right now!!
Q
Qman
I wouldn't be surprised to see Magnusson Blue-Shirt. Between JT and Hartsock we just don't need him on the court.



Rose has this team pretty focused right now and that is a very good thing.



Davies and Haws have been good as advertised but I have been surprised that Abouo hasn't shown better.
C
craigoscarson
Qman wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Magnusson Blue-Shirt. Between JT and Hartsock we just don't need him on the court.



Rose has this team pretty focused right now and that is a very good thing.



Davies and Haws have been good as advertised but I have been surprised that Abouo hasn't shown better.


Magnusson's eligibility had already started this season. He's a very good glue man and will be a big help in practices and next year when we lose JT.



Jimmer is without a doubt the best player on this team, however

Jackson Emery just might be the MVP.



He just had back to back shutouts of the oppposing teams top scorer.

Dwain Williams went 16,20,17 in his previous three games and ZERO with Jackson guarding him (at home even)

Gilchrest the previous game to 3 (he had gone for 21,19 previously)

Dunson of Bradley to ZERO in 25 min (Dunson broke his arm in the next game and is done for the season) but Jackson goose-egged him




We've had guys in the past that can score 20 a game, etc. BUT we have not had a guard that could defend the way that Jackson does since Tyler Haws dad....



Emery for MVP of this team right now; he's the biggest difference from last year and the most improved of the bunch. Defense may never get the oohs and ahhs like offense does, but when I look at the numbers of the players that Jackson has guarded, it's off the charts good.

He's the biggest reason we've had comfortable margins of victory so far this season.
M
Mars


Too late for Magnusson this season. I almost get the feeling that Rose needed to use a schollie, but doesn't want him around an extra year.



As for Haws, dang, he's playing so well I WOULD be sad to see him leave on a mission after this season...
Q
Qman
Mars wrote:


Too late for Magnusson this season. I almost get the feeling that Rose needed to use a schollie, but doesn't want him around an extra year.



As for Haws, dang, he's playing so well I'll be sad to see him leave on a mission after this season...


So is Haws planning on going then? I know Davies was undecided.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.