Archived Topic

If Lark Goes Down - Poll

by Cougarbib · 12/11/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
Hypothetical, but very realistically could happen.



Assume Lark starts vs SDSU because Riley is not fully healthy:



Then recall that Riley has not had even decent pass protection vs decent defenses. Hill did not get great pass protection either vs good defenses - but was used as a battering ram to combat that. So we have 2 injured QBs in this season of no experienced depth at QB. Assume coaches are smart enough to recognize depth is still a huge issue so they do not try to use Lark as a battering ram to slow down the pass rush that is inevitably coming.



If Lark gets leveled and does not get up



Who do you want to trot out onto the field to replace him?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
I put Not Really Sure. I was torn between giving



1. Munns a shot - just to see - because if he is not ready to play by now - he is not going to be ready ever - and he and BYU should move on.



2. Kuresa a shot - just to see - he has shown some athleticism - might help define if he should play a role at QB next year





3. Nelson - hoping he would will the team to victory - but not if he is too injured to be effective



Did not want to take Olsen off redshirt. Tempted to have Doman and Bronco alternate taking the hits for not taking the steps over the past 3-4 years to have developed experienced back-ups for this season - maybe with Cornhole153 snapping the ball and directing pass protection provided by Jacksonman, Blue is Better, DM Cougar, Airwolf84, and BubbleBath's wife.



Edited: I came up with another idea: QB-11 which would have Weber trot out to replace Lark and then rotate him and the entire offense at QB like a server in volleyball until they all learned how to block better.



I imagine the inexperience was the quandary that led coaches to bet on an injured QB.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Stirfry
Max Hall in Jason Munn's uniform.
C
Cougarfan87
Stirfry wrote:
Max Hall in Jason Munn's uniform.


I like that answer. In the alternative, I think you give Jason Munn's a shot. He is still going to be around next year, so let's see if he is even a viable back up next year, or if we need to clear the QB slate with Hill and Olsen as the back up.
B
BerliNY
I vote for Williams. All wildcat all the time, let's see the O line prep for nothing but run plays.

Leave alisa and the rest on the bench and see if LaVell gets a migraine.
Advertisement
C
Cougarbib
BerliNY wrote:
I vote for Williams. All wildcat all the time, let's see the O line prep for nothing but run plays.

Leave alisa and the rest on the bench and see if LaVell gets a migraine.


Alisa will likely not be suited up. Injury report yesterday indicated he is not practicing and that he will not be ready to practice for a while. Was not definitive in the quote as to what for a while meant - context made me assume Spring.



I should have put another option, although "Other" covers anything.



I think QB-11might be popular with Weber taking the first snap and then rotating the entire OL, FB, RB, and a couple of tight ends and receivers at QB until they all start blocking better. I may change to "Other" and go with QB 11.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
Knowing Bronco, I'll be surprised if RN is healthy, that he doesn't start. If he isn't healthy enough to start, he con't come in the game, and Munns or Kuresa would take the helm.
C
Cougarbib
EM_Puma wrote:
Knowing Bronco, I'll be surprised if RN is healthy, that he doesn't start. If he isn't healthy enough to start, he con't come in the game, and Munns or Kuresa would take the helm.

So who do you want?



Munns or Kuresa?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
I can't believe I am going To agree with Munns, but I am. Munns is not nearly as mobile as Lark. But if SDSU is bad in pass D, then go with Munns.

But Kuresa has game.

But if Riley can take mop up snaps in practice all week this week, Bronco would go with RN.

But, as someone said, if RN is healthy enough to play--insert Drs clearance, bc right now he doesn't have that--thus giving Bronco a "do-over" good excuse by not playing him (hard to imagine a floating rib is more risky than floating vertebrae); so therefore he might start regardless.....

Oh what a mess. My writing. This whole qb mess or as I like to call it QUBAR (modified from FUBAR)......Just start Old Yellar (RN) and be done with it. One more for the Bronco. What do you say? Afterall, he is "tougher than all of us."
G
Guest
Munns isn't mobile, he also can't throw the ball.



The only thing he's good at it being tall.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
hawkwing wrote:
Munns isn't mobile, he also can't throw the ball.



The only thing he's good at it being tall.


True. But his talents line up better with the most recent qb game planning (Lark) and that logic worked really well when applied earlier in the season. :whistle:

Kuresa is good at being short......and fast. So play both. It could be like the Island of Misfit toys if Lark goes down to injury. We could call them--



......Gimpy, Stubby, and Lurch.
G
Guest
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Munns isn't mobile, he also can't throw the ball.



The only thing he's good at it being tall.


True. But his talents line up better with the most recent qb game planning (Lark) and that logic worked really well when applied earlier in the season. :whistle:

Kuresa is good at being short......and fast. So play both. It could be like the Island of Misfit toys if Lark goes down to injury. We could call them--



......Gimpy, Stubby, and Lurch.


His talents don't line up with any QB on the roster, because he has no talent.
G
Guest
hawkwing wrote:

His talents don't line up with any QB on the roster, because he has no talent.


Well, maybe they line up perfectly with an injured Riley Nelson then.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
hawkwing wrote:

His talents don't line up with any QB on the roster, because he has no talent.


Well, maybe they line up perfectly with an injured Riley Nelson then.

Ouch!



I basically agree, though. An injured Riley really isn't that talented. I think a toss-up between Munns and Kuresa would be the way to address a backup scenario.
S
scott715
How about getting Munns graduated and freeing up his scholarship for someone else?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.