Archived Topic

BYU vs Utah

by Cougest · 12/8/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougest
Utah looks vastly improved and has got some size to go along with it. Who thinks we lose to them tonight? Playing at the MCenter, I say we win but I bet it will be closer that most people would like.
A
ABYUFAN
I didn't think that they'd come into the game tonight with a better record than us. All I can say about them is that I hate them. I hate everything about that school. They deserve to lose



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
I just got a tweet



Nice crowd

Not a full house, though



This is Utah @The Mariott Center

U has a better record and just beat a ranked team on the road

BYU can't beat good, but unranked, teams on the road



We love Coach Rose



Show up!



Alas, I am stuck in Paradise dealing with a slab leak and will have to WATCH this on KSL Internet Radio.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
Cougarbib wrote:
I just got a tweet



Nice crowd

Not a full house, though



This is Utah @The Mariott Center

U has a better record and just beat a ranked team on the road

BYU can't be good, but unranked, teams on the road



We love Coach Rice



Show up!



Alas, I am stuck in Paradise dealing with a slab leak and will have to WATCH this on KSL Internet Radio.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Do you not have an internet connection?



Game is on at byutv.org



Maybe you only have non-flash devices?
B
BroncoBot
Sloppy game for BYU.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Another 3 for Carlino. :) I like.
B
BroncoBot
This seems like Delgado's type of game. I like this substitution.
B
BroncoBot
A lot of tweets out there calling for BYU to stop shooting 3s. That's not the problem. Shooting 27% from 3land IS the problem.
B
BroncoBot
Davies getting schooled so far.
B
BroncoBot
Good to see Dave Rose a little excited. He's probably realized that his "untouchable" status on cougarcorner as far as fan criticism is on the line if this one goes sour. ;)



BYU looking soft. Nate Austin and Sharp being more effective than Davies.



We'll find out a lot about BYU basketball in the next 25 minutes.
Advertisement
M
mizzoucoug
We are just not very good this year. You need to have more than 2 somewhat reliable options on offense. The problem is that Davies is just average and Haws isn't good enough to create his own shot. This is why Carlino is our X factor. When he is playing well we are a legit team, but he hasn't had a good game yet this season.



Good start for him tonight though. The team? Not so much.
F
frdbtr
BYU needs to knock down open shots. Has been a problem for this team all year.
M
mizzoucoug
I don't get how BYU can be so bad at shooting FT's. We are an all white team. If we miss FT's then we're screwed. How are these guys D1 bball players?
M
mizzoucoug
Ah, Utah playing with more passion and physicality? Haven't seen this in basketball for a while. Happens every year in football of course, but this is definitely a different program.
C
Cougarbib
BroncoBot wrote:
I just got a tweet



Nice crowd

Not a full house, though



This is Utah @The Mariott Center

U has a better record and just beat a ranked team on the road

BYU can't beat good, but unranked, teams on the road



We love Coach Rose



Show up!



Alas, I am stuck in Paradise dealing with a slab leak and will have to WATCH this on KSL Internet Radio.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Do you not have an internet connection?



Game is on at byutv.org



Maybe you only have non-flash devices?


I have my cell phone with Internet access - but bad eyes for tiny screen.



KSL Radio reminds me of the good old days.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Jackson Emery/TJ Haws can't get here fast enough.



I don't get how BYU is allowing so much dribble penetration. BYU should know that Seymour and Debois are the two guys who are going to take the ball to the rack, and both of them like to go left.
C
Cougest
mizzoucoug wrote:
We are just not very good this year. You need to have more than 2 somewhat reliable options on offense. The problem is that Davies is just average and Haws isn't good enough to create his own shot. This is why Carlino is our X factor. When he is playing well we are a legit team, but he hasn't had a good game yet this season.



Good start for him tonight though. The team? Not so much.




That's exactly right. The problem is Carlino has sucked so far this year.
B
BroncoBot
Cougest wrote:
We are just not very good this year. You need to have more than 2 somewhat reliable options on offense. The problem is that Davies is just average and Haws isn't good enough to create his own shot. This is why Carlino is our X factor. When he is playing well we are a legit team, but he hasn't had a good game yet this season.



Good start for him tonight though. The team? Not so much.




That's exactly right. The problem is Carlino has sucked so far this year.

I'm not following your logic this year cougest.



So you're saying the reason BYU is losing is because Carlino has had a bad year, even though he's having a good game? I didn't know that stats from previous games played into the current game.
F
frdbtr
BYU is going to lose this game unless they can come out and start getting rebounds and make open shots. How many wide open shots were missed in the 1st half? It is ridiculous.
M
mizzoucoug
I have got to know why...Utah is somehow able to get very tall white guys (sometimes even LDS) to play amazingly well for them. Yet all we can muster are 6'9" guys with no hops. Why the recruiting divide year after year with big men?
Page 1 of 4
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.