Archived Topic

BYU 83 Hawaii 65 Y WINS

by Y&Brit · 11/21/2009

Advertisement
Y
Y&Brit
Davies, Anderson, Hartstock-playing well, Davies not getting much time, Miles=name not called once this half

Defense has stepped up this half

BYU shooting 55% in the game

Jackson has thrown away a bunch of passes (3)



JT has 3 3s



Another no call on JF

Hawai'i star player finally makes his first 3 of the game...ha. The fans are really petty by the sounds of it

Haws got run over no call...he's a smart player as a freshman.





MWC>wac in basketball too
S
Schmoe
Wasn't there some huge disparity in free throws?



EDIT--found it: BYU 11 Rainbows 27, hmm...
S
snoscythe
Schmoe wrote:
Wasn't there some huge disparity in free throws?


Hawaii was 19-27, BYU was 9-11. Rose and Jimmer were not happy to end the first half, and it seemed like the refs were trying to make a point of showing who's the boss in the second half.
S
Schmoe
I should add how happy I am that Jimmer made a couple shots in garbage time to overtake Tav for the Cougs leading scorer :D
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Schmoe wrote:
I should add how happy I am that Jimmer made a couple shots in garbage time to overtake Tav for the Cougs leading scorer :D


Me too. This basketball prediction game is divisive---I was angry at JT when he overtook Jimmer, and then I loved Jimmer even more when he scored those last two.
S
Schmoe
Doesn't matter, Sno, you know you can't catch me! ;)
B
BYULV
It looked to me like davies got off to a good start, came back after the nose bleed for a few minutes, but didn't really play much after that. Any idea why he sat so much? Miles was poor. Anderson fair. Hartsock was good. I thought Davies should have had a lot more minutes. (of course, my stream frozed in the early 2nd half and I may have missed something crucial)
S
SpiffCoug
My thoughts:

- In addition to being a poor sports reporter and interview, Kirkland is also a poor play-by-play caller.

- Fredette is simply amazing.

- Miles will lose his starting job before the semester is over.

- BYU needs to work on defensive rebounding. Through three games, opponents have missed 103 shots, but grabbed 41 offesnive rebounds (39.8% missed shots are offensively rebounded). They are doing great at grabbing offensive rebounds (40 on 94 missed shots for 42.6%) but need to limit opposing team. Especially when we start going up against really good rebounding teams like UNLV, ASU, SDSU and Arizona.

- BYU is a good team when JT is not shooting well. They are a great team when he is shooting well.

- Haws gives Jimmer a complimentary player who can drive to the basket and get to the line. (2nd on the team in FTA).

- BYU seems to be very effective when going small (playing Davies or Hartsock at the 5).
M
Mars
kitic77 wrote:
- Miles will lose his starting job before the semester is over.

The game wasn't on TV, but for some reason I had the impression that Haws started at Hawaii...
Advertisement
Y
Yndian
Mars wrote:
- Miles will lose his starting job before the semester is over.

The game wasn't on TV, but for some reason I had the impression that Haws started at Hawaii...


He did, but in place of Abouo, not Miles.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.