Archived Topic

Eric Mika - Beast!!!

by beauso79 · 12/7/2012

Advertisement
B
beauso79
Dude is tearing it up this year. He's taking everybody to school and it will be interesting to see where he ranks by the end of the season. If Parker commits is it feasible that we may start 3 freshmen next year??



1 - Carlino

2 - Nick Emery - he may delay mission if Parker commits and heaven knows we need a 2 that can shoot the DAMN ball

3- Haws

4 - Parker

5 - Mika



How impressive could this team be by seasons end?? Kyle Collinsworth will be home as well. Would be nice if Kyle grew taller and could play the 4
C
Cougs_Rule
Yes, it would be feasible, if JP came to BYU and Nick delayed.

For that matter, if we could find a 2, put Nick at the 1--he would beat out Carlino, by the time conference play started. With Winder at the 2?



In fact, I would love to see--



1-Emery

2-Haws

3-Jabari

4-Mika

5-a bulked up and improved Harward



That would be amazing!! With a stocked bench as well.
C
Cougs_Rule
Can't wait to see Lone Peak tomorrow vs Orem at the Great Western Shootout.
S
SpiffCoug
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Can't wait to see Lone Peak tomorrow vs Orem at the Great Western Shootout.

Time? Location?
C
craigoscarson
SpiffCoug wrote:
Can't wait to see Lone Peak tomorrow vs Orem at the Great Western Shootout.

Time? Location?


http://www.greatwesternshootout.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



If you're within 45 minutes of Orem high, shame on you all for missing these games. (think I said the same thing last year)



The Denver East v Lone Peak game should be the best of the tourney and that game is tonight. Denver East is very talented and very young, Lone Peak smoked them last year without Mika so they should be favorites BUT Denver East is likely the best team in Colorado, could be a top 25 high school team by years end and next year they will be a top 10 national team.



In spite of the fact that Orem beat Lone Peak last year, I think Denver East is more talented. The Orem game was arguably one of the worst reffed high school games in recent memory and Nick Emery lost his cool early and never regained it. Regardless Lone Peak has Mika now which takes them to a top 5 level nationally.



http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/tribpreps/55401335-190/orem-lone-peak-brother.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Denver East has a guy in Dominique Collier that could play in the league some day though. To be honest, he has a higher upside as a college player than any of our Lone Peak guys and was on the under 16 us national team (worth the price of admission).



http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/u16/11_mu16_add_collier.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


In addition to Collier, members of the 2011 USA U16 National Team include: Larry Austin (Lamphier H.S. / Springfield, Ill.); Conner Frankamp (Wichita North H.S. / Wichita, Kan.); Aaron Gordon (Archbishop Mitty H.S. / San Jose, Calif.); Justin Jackson (Home School Christian Youth Association / Houston, Texas); Stanley Johnson (Mater Dei H.S. / Fullerton, Calif.); Tyus Jones (Apple Valley H.S. / Apple Valley, Minn.); Kendrick Nunn (Simeon H.S. / Chicago, Ill.); Jahlil Okafor (Whitney Young H.S. / Chicago, Ill.); Jabari Parker (Simeon H.S. / Chicago, Ill.); Theo Pinson (Oakridge Military Academy / Greensboro, N.C.); and Johnathan Williams (Southwind H.S. / Memphis, Tenn.).




http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765617258/Boys-high-school-basketball-West-Jordan-downs-South-Seview-Lone-Peak-Orem-impress-in-debut-of.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
Great Western Shootout schedule



Friday



3:30 p.m. » Bountiful vs. South Sevier



5:05 p.m. » West Jordan vs. Basha (Ariz.)



6:40 p.m. » Orem vs. Foothill (Nev.)



8:15 p.m. » Lone Peak vs. Denver East



Saturday



Noon » Bountiful vs. Basha (Ariz.)



1:35 p.m. » South Sevier vs. Foothill (Nev.)



3:30 p.m. » West Jordan vs. Denver East



5 p.m. » Lone Peak vs. Orem
S
SpiffCoug
Anyone want to meet up at the game tomorrow?
S
Schmoe
SpiffCoug wrote:
Anyone want to meet up at the game tomorrow?


I'm thinking about it. I'll let you know.
S
SpiffCoug
Schmoe wrote:
Anyone want to meet up at the game tomorrow?


I'm thinking about it. I'll let you know.

We could do a double-header. Lone Peak vs Orem then BYU vs Utah.
S
Schmoe
SpiffCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
Anyone want to meet up at the game tomorrow?


I'm thinking about it. I'll let you know.

We could do a double-header. Lone Peak vs Orem then BYU vs Utah.


If we can get tickets. My %!@#$@!%#$ tickets fell through.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
I'll see you there Spiff. 8)

Great double header, indeed.
S
SpiffCoug
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
Anyone want to meet up at the game tomorrow?


I'm thinking about it. I'll let you know.

We could do a double-header. Lone Peak vs Orem then BYU vs Utah.


If we can get tickets. My %!@#$@!%#$ tickets fell through.

Are tickets going to be tough to acquire tomorrow?
S
Schmoe
SpiffCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
SpiffCoug wrote:
Anyone want to meet up at the game tomorrow?


I'm thinking about it. I'll let you know.

We could do a double-header. Lone Peak vs Orem then BYU vs Utah.


If we can get tickets. My %!@#$@!%#$ tickets fell through.

Are tickets going to be tough to acquire tomorrow?


Dunno, I guess I just assume that BYU- :utard: tickets are always hard to get, but I'm probably wrong.
C
Cougs_Rule
I assume you are asking if there are BYU tickets available. And it looks like there is according to CugarclubSLC tweet.

I would guess that tickets for the GreatWestern Shootout are long since sold out.

Spiff, if you find some tickets PM me and let's meet.
S
SpiffCoug
Ok. Let me see what I can find out.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
A few questions.



Spiff, formerly known as kitic, what in the world is going on with your avatar, I have no idea if I'm looking at an odd BYU promo department creation or something from the Hobbit? Where did Calvin go?

Cougs_Rule, who are you, what is your former name?



Sincerely,

BroncoBot, formerly known as declocoug
S
SpiffCoug
I made this avatar. I'm pretty excited for the Hobbit next week. Calvin will likely make a return after that.
G
Guest
BroncoBot wrote:
A few questions.



Spiff, formerly known as kitic, what in the world is going on with your avatar, I have no idea if I'm looking at an odd BYU promo department creation or something from the Hobbit? Where did Calvin go?

Cougs_Rule, who are you, what is your former name?



Sincerely,

BroncoBot, formerly known as declocoug


When users change their name, I usually post it in the Admin forum. Cougs_Rule is the former dmcoug.
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:
A few questions.



Spiff, formerly known as kitic, what in the world is going on with your avatar, I have no idea if I'm looking at an odd BYU promo department creation or something from the Hobbit? Where did Calvin go?

Cougs_Rule, who are you, what is your former name?



Sincerely,

BroncoBot, formerly known as declocoug


When users change their name, I usually post it in the Admin forum. Cougs_Rule is the former dmcoug.

Got it, thanks. didn't know there was such a place to find old acquaintances.



Back to the topic. Mika sounds awesome from the couple reports I've seen of him. So does Dalton Nixon. Great chance to check them both out today.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.