Archived Topic

Lone Peak dominates

by Yndian · 12/5/2012

Advertisement
Y
Yndian
I hate to interrupt the winter of our discontent with a ray of sunshine, but SLAM Online had a gushing article about LPHS' dominance of an "Illinois powerhouse" Saturday afternoon.



Here's a sample:
The Pirates were led by junior Jevon Carter, who buried 5 treys on the way to 22 points. They were missing their top player, SMU-bound wing Sterling Brown, who sat for disciplinary reasons but he nor basically anyone else playing high school basketball would have changed the outcome of the game.
S
Schmoe
#6 in the country. I'm gonna have to go see them play sometime. Maybe a CC event?
C
Cougs_Rule
Could this LP team beat BYU currently? I bet it would be a good game, which means not a blow out as it would be for any other HS team.

I can't wait to see LP at Orem this Saturday at the Great Western Shootout. Four future BYU hoopssters and one football player.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Aren't there something like 3 BYU football commits on the LP bball team?
G
Guest
This is a really good team, I'm very excited about getting these kids at BYU.
N
nuk13
Yndian wrote:
I hate to interrupt the winter of our discontent with a ray of sunshine, but SLAM Online had a gushing article about LPHS' dominance of an "Illinois powerhouse" Saturday afternoon.



Here's a sample:
The Pirates were led by junior Jevon Carter, who buried 5 treys on the way to 22 points. They were missing their top player, SMU-bound wing Sterling Brown, who sat for disciplinary reasons but he nor basically anyone else playing high school basketball would have changed the outcome of the game.


I am wondering why none of them are in the top 50 players. It has probably been reported before but are any of them going to be playing at BYU next year or are they going on missions? The team will need them but so does the Lord.



It would be interesting to see them play J. Parker's team.
B
beauso79
nuk13 wrote:



It would be interesting to see them(LP) play J. Parker's team.


Oh man, I'd pay good money to see that game
C
Cougest
They've already beating the #2 team in the nation, Whitney Young, this summer in Charleston, SC.
Advertisement
M
Mars
beauso79 wrote:
It would be interesting to see them(LP) play J. Parker's team.
Oh man, I'd pay good money to see that game

#3 vs. #1.
N
nuk13
Great game, great after game talk about all they could do at BYU!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.