Archived Topic

KVN Rumored to Enter NFL Draft

by byucougar1 · 12/4/2012

Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Vanquish the Foe article includes the following tweet from Eathan Manumaleuma's brother:



just found out some disturbing news. Kyle van Noy isn't returning next year. #NFLDraft #BYU



— Ephraim Manumaleuna (@ucE_rEnEgadE) December 4, 2012

@hobocita oh shoots ma bad. for real. at least that's what my brother just told me. i just got done FaceTiming w/ him.



— Ephraim Manumaleuna (@ucE_rEnEgadE) December 4, 2012



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
I think it's odd that he would make that choice before getting back his assessment from the NFL panel on where he might be expected to be drafted. Those won't come out 'til January.
C
Cougs_Rule
I'm sure KVN can't be too happy that EM let the cat out of the bag. But easy to conceive that KVN said he was "testing his chances" and it was over interpreted. Who knows. I still wonder about his nagging injury and whether it will need surgery. Not great timing if he's trying to get ready for combines.
M
mizzoucoug
Yeah, I'm still not sure KVN is a sure thing to get drafted highly as an OLB. He's a freak but he just doesn't have the size. He got eaten up vs some of the bigger lines we played this year.
M
MTM
mizzoucoug wrote:
Yeah, I'm still not sure KVN is a sure thing to get drafted highly as an OLB. He's a freak but he just doesn't have the size. He got eaten up vs some of the bigger lines we played this year.


Is he fast enough to play Safety?



Blechen has been in no man's land this year. Too small to play LB and too slow to play SS.
Advertisement
M
Mingjai
mizzoucoug wrote:
Yeah, I'm still not sure KVN is a sure thing to get drafted highly as an OLB. He's a freak but he just doesn't have the size. He got eaten up vs some of the bigger lines we played this year.


He's really going to have to bulk up over the next few months while maintaining his speed if he wants to be drafted in the top 4 rounds. It's hard to imagine him playing strong safety, though I suppose that is an option if his football IQ is high enough.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.