Archived Topic

Poinsettia Bowl

by scott715 · 12/4/2012

Advertisement
S
scott715
Any one going to the game? I heard BYU's ticket sales has been disappointing. I might go if Lark is starting.



http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls12/story/_/id/8704256/ranking-all-2012-13-bowl-games-best-worst-college-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Ranks the game #16 behind the Las Vegas bowl.



http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=PB&linkID=byu&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
T
tmoney35
I think there is definitely some entertainment value in this game. People close to these teams will be well aware of SDSU's well documented hatred for BYU, so that adds a little more zest than a lot of bowl games.



Even people just looking at these teams without much prior knowledge will probably see BYU's close losses and how SDSU beat Boise in Boise and see that this could be a more interesting game than your usual 7-5 team vs a mid-major team bowl game usually is.
S
scott715
I check flights and the tickets are really expensive unless you stay past christmas. Kids are still in school so no car trip. Train ride might make more sense.



tickets through BYU are like $20 higher than going direct.
C
Cougarbib
scott715 wrote:
Any one going to the game? I heard BYU's ticket sales has been disappointing. I might go if Lark is starting.



http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls12/story/_/id/8704256/ranking-all-2012-13-bowl-games-best-worst-college-football" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Ranks the game #16 behind the Las Vegas bowl.



http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=PB&linkID=byu&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Well geez. I was really struggling whether to meet my friend in Las Vegas to watch UW. Maybe join up with his son that played for UW or go to the Poinsettia Bowl about 4 hours down the road and hook up with my son and sister-in-law and niece, or go to watch the Utes. Wait - no wonder why my Ute friend wants to go watch UW. That narrows things down. Wait - BYU has exposure and this will be on TV.



FWIW - my decision will not be impacted by who the starting QB will be. I will support either one.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars


I would go if I got my hands on some cheap tickets. They're on my Christmas wish-list.
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
Mars wrote:


I would go if I got my hands on some cheap tickets. They're on my Christmas wish-list.


May they come in your stocking Christmas morning! ;)
J
jonnylingo
I am not going to pay for one more road trip to watch riley nelson to be honest.
C
Cougarbib
jonnylingo wrote:
I am not going to pay for one more road trip to watch riley nelson to be honest.


Would you pay for one to watch KVN in what may be his last game?

Ansah in his?

I guess maybe not Tree since he likes Nelson?



I have to admit, other than Hoff, no big draws on offense. But lots if great guys to support.



How bout a road trip to see one more punt.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
Cougarfan87 wrote:
I would go if I got my hands on some cheap tickets. They're on my Christmas wish-list.
May they come in your stocking Christmas morning! ;)

Make that my "pre-Christmas" wish-list. :D
H
HoosierCougar
I am going. After my folks' 18 month (2 football season) mission in Nauvoo, I'm excited about the roadie with my dad (and BIL who will tag along).



Warm weather, seeing friends, a Cougar game (and my boss says don't answer my phone!)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.