Archived Topic

Saturday at Iowa State

by IowaCougar · 11/29/2012

Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
I must admit I fell asleep watching the game last night - these early morning seminary hours are a killer!



At any rate, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Cougars in person this Saturday. Iowa State looks like a formidable foe. What's the skinny? Do the Cougars think they can get it going on the road this week? I'd love to have a few bragging rights in the state! 8)



By the way, chime in if you're coming to the game!
Q
Qman
Hmm I haven't seen ISU play but looking at their schedule they have beaten a bunch of nobodies and lost to two ranked teams.
E
EM_Puma
If both Haws and Davies have great games, it's in the bag. I'm holding out yet on the PG experiment of Cusick starts and Carlino off the bench. After two games it is holding it's own and seem workable. If Josh Sharp plays like he did last night and those other 3 positions are clicking, then we will begin to win the Iowa State types of games.
E
EM_Puma
Qman wrote:
Hmm I haven't seen ISU play but looking at their schedule they have beaten a bunch of nobodies and lost to two ranked teams.


I saw them play UNLV and I couldn't tell at the time if UNLV was simply over ranked or ISU was that good. I think ISU is that good. They lost, but it was a 5 point game with 3:54 left in the game.



I don't see them being any better or worse than FSU/ND.
C
Cougs_Rule
Should be an entertaining game. Both are Up-tempo teams and ISU is ranked 44th in Pomeroy rankings (courtesy Cougar stats). BYU is 56th.

Davies can't do his disappearing act and cant get in trouble early with fouls. I that happens, and Sharp can bring his game, look for a great game. BYU 80 ISU 78.
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
EM_Puma wrote:
Hmm I haven't seen ISU play but looking at their schedule they have beaten a bunch of nobodies and lost to two ranked teams.


I saw them play UNLV and I couldn't tell at the time if UNLV was simply over ranked or ISU was that good. I think ISU is that good. They lost, but it was a 5 point game with 3:54 left in the game.



I don't see them being any better or worse than FSU/ND.


That's probably what most are thinking, and since BYU didn't handle FSU/ND, will they handle ISU? I think they're certainly capable, but on the road it can be challenging. At least I don't think they'll face the kind of anti-Mormon hoopla that takes place at many venues, so that shouldn't be a distraction.



BYU has been winning their games with runs - last Saturday the run didn't come until the last 2 minutes of the game, but it came. Yesterday it must have come while I was sleeping. If they can play even with ISU throughout, and just get hot for a couple of minutes along the way, they'll win. Carlino might even make another 3!
G
Gunk
FSU and ND were big tests. ISU will be no different. First legit road game.



Haws will need a big game. Davies will need to stay on the court. If we can get a couple of other guys at around 10 pts or so, we should be good.



Rebounding will be key. Currently, our rebounding ranks 52 in the nation. ISU is 2nd! :bug:



Box out, guys. Box out!
S
scott715
Also being that this is a Big12 school, we need to have fans show up and sell out the game.
M
Mars


BYU appears to be the universal underdog in this game. About 20 spots worse than ISU in Sagarin Predictor.
S
SenorCougar
No TV, correct?
Advertisement
S
scott715
Pay per view through ISU I think.
B
BYULV
EM_Puma wrote:
http://www.cyclones.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=10700&SPID=4252&SPSID=46663



For cyclone tv.


Anyone gone as far as to find out how much it costs? I clicked on the link and saw something about one month and 4 month subscriptions automatically renew unless canceled and that's as far as I went.


Actually, the article listed in the column to your right says this:


BYU basketball will play at Iowa State on Saturday at Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa at 1 p.m. CST. The game will be televised on BYUtv and broadcast on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM.


http://byucougars.com/m-basketball/byu-iowa-state-saturday



Hope it's true, but the BYUtv on-scree listing hasn't been updated to reflect this yet.
N
nogbody
Pretty sure it's 9.95 a month... So I assume 9.95 to watch the game. I think I'll listen to Mr. Wrubell instead.
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
The only game not on available TV this year is the one game I get to go to in person. Could life be any more serendipitous? :)



By the way, the tickets we got were $10. So it looks like it costs as much to watch online as it does to go in person. I'm sure we'll have parking issues, though.
M
mizzoucoug
Anybody willing to pay and stream on Justin.tv?
G
Gunk
$10 - tempting...but don't want to have to deal with canceling my subscription.
B
BYULV
I went ahead and spent the $10. I was hoping to stream from my iPad to the apple TV, however, you can't do that unless you also have the Iowa state iPad ap . . . Another $10. I think I'll just end up watching from the computer. There go my big party plans.
B
BYULV
BYULV wrote:
scott715 wrote:
http://www.cyclones.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=10700&SPID=4252&SPSID=46663



For cyclone tv.


Anyone gone as far as to find out how much it costs? I clicked on the link and saw something about one month and 4 month subscriptions automatically renew unless canceled and that's as far as I went.


Actually, the article listed in the column to your right says this:


BYU basketball will play at Iowa State on Saturday at Hilton Coliseum in Ames, Iowa at 1 p.m. CST. The game will be televised on BYUtv and broadcast on KSL Newsradio 102.7 FM and 1160 AM.


http://byucougars.com/m-basketball/byu-iowa-state-saturday



Hope it's true, but the BYUtv on-scree listing hasn't been updated to reflect this yet.


They corrected their error. Only going to be streamed on cyclone tv. :angry:
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.