Archived Topic

SDSU Hate Already

by snoscythe · 11/27/2012

Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
I think it is a pretty decent article that gives BYU its due respect by mentioning the fact that we totally owned them, the debacle of replay a couple of years ago adding extra incentive, BYU leaving the MWC high and dry, and reminding them of the Ty Detmers historic comeback in the 52-52 tie. It was a good trip down memory lane as I was reminded of BYU's total dominance of SDSU.



Now, let's not screw that up this year! :evil: :evil: :evil:
L
Lawboy
We are somehting like 29-7-1 against the Aztecs. Little brother does not even begin to describe it. They hate the losing. And they should.
B
byucougar1
SDSU will come fired up to try and put an exclamation point to their season. Perfect chance to show them that nothing has changed in this rivalry - we own them and will remind them about all of the reasons we regularly defeated them.
J
jonnylingo
It will be fun to beat them yet again. hopefully we spank them.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Rocky will beat the snot out of the 2 dimensional, running man offense. He will say, beat me with the pass Bronco, I dare you.

And since Taysom gets credit for the only win vs a 2 loss team this year, vs the Ags, I don't have a lot of faith in Bronco or Riley to pull it off with. Sdsu. Please, Bronco, let Lark come in by half. It's all it would have taken vs Utah and BSU ad maybe SJSU. It's not rocket science.
A
a1247
Does SDSU still run the 3-3-5 defense that Rocky ran at NM?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
KingCoug
Typical anti-LDS posts below the article.



I'm afraid Rocky and the Aztecs will be more pumped for this game, and so, prepare better. Plus, we're playing on their field.
E
EM_Puma
I liked the article because we hate you too SDSU. Wouldn't take me much to put on some pad and clunk heads with them the way I feel and how they dis-ed us. I really hope the players that were around remember all the crap we've had from them since our last game. Yes, the replay officials, including a BYU paid employee, botched the clear fumble, but that still didn't win the game for them. They lost and the better team won. I'm tenative about playing them because I don't want to lose, but at the same time I really would like to see BYU put them in their place and send them back to their SD homes with their tails between their legs.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I thought this was a pretty good article. I think SDSU will be fired up to play and this will be a close one. I think the anti-LDS rhetoric in the comments is a nice function of a fanbase that is unsure about how to get fired up in a lopsided "rivalry" and has to draw upon non-football topics to do so. That's fine. Say what you want. We're above that.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
BYU better come ready to play. SDSU will be fired up for this game. They want payback for the botched replay call. They're upset that their best basketball team in school history was completely owned by Jimmer. SDSU is going to treat the bowl as the ultimate "double or nothing."
B
BoiseBYU
SpiffCoug wrote:
BYU better come ready to play. SDSU will be fired up for this game. They want payback for the botched replay call. They're upset that their best basketball team in school history was completely owned by Jimmer. SDSU is going to treat the bowl as the ultimate "double or nothing."


And they got snookered into the Mountain East Conference with teams like Tulane and East Carolina.....
Y
Y 4 Ever
I didn't read this whole thread, so maybe this has been discussed already...but I'm worried about this game. More so than I was before reading this article. BYU doesn't have a very good record recently against teams with unusually high, emotion driven motivation. Bronco fails to get the team up for these games. Hopefully he does for this one.



Come on, Cougs - beat down the Asstecs!
C
Cougarbib
Lawboy wrote:
We are somehting like 29-7-1 against the Aztecs. Little brother does not even begin to describe it. They hate the losing. And they should.


SDSU has a good coach. Imagine how stupid the guy at NM who ran him out of town looks now. SDSU is improved. Their fan support has even improved. Respect for opponents is usually a good thing. They are on the rise.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarbib
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Rocky will beat the snot out of the 2 dimensional, running man offense. He will say, beat me with the pass Bronco, I dare you.

And since Taysom gets credit for the only win vs a 2 loss team this year, vs the Ags, I don't have a lot of faith in Bronco or Riley to pull it off with. Sdsu. Please, Bronco, let Lark come in by half. It's all it would have taken vs Utah and BSU ad maybe SJSU. It's not rocket science.

And even Taysom needed homefield advantage and for the defense to hold USU to 3 points.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
Cougarbib wrote:
We are somehting like 29-7-1 against the Aztecs. Little brother does not even begin to describe it. They hate the losing. And they should.


SDSU has a good coach. Imagine how stupid the guy at NM who ran him out of town looks now. SDSU is improved. Their fan support has even improved. Respect for opponents is usually a good thing. They are on the rise.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I don't think he was run out of town from NM. I think he quit citing lack of fan, booster, and school support and that you can't win without it. He decided to be an OC where fans kindof care rather then the HC where they didn't care.
S
stgeorgefan
I am scared of SDSU putting the beat down on BYU. They have a lot of factors playing in their favor...... Motivation, 10 win season, home crowd ( maybe bowl record crowd?)



SDSU beat a BSU team that we lost too.... I don't know where Byu's motivational "fire" will come from considering this season has been less than stellar and they are playing a MWC team in a bowl...



My only hope is that Bronco knows how to attack the 3-3-5 and the Cougs actually implement a game plan based on SDSU and not strictly "our own execution"..

Well that reason and James Lark getting to start.
J
jonnylingo
I am not worried about this game, but I wasn't worried about sdsu either.



I am pretty sure we win if riley plays healthy and avoids turnovers ( may not be possible ) or lark plays.



I do worry a little bit about execution though. taking two weeks off is kind of a long time.
B
birdie702
If Riley plays:



SDSU 31

BYU 10



Thank you Bronco for believing in Riley and screwing the program.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
BoiseBYU wrote:
BYU better come ready to play. SDSU will be fired up for this game. They want payback for the botched replay call. They're upset that their best basketball team in school history was completely owned by Jimmer. SDSU is going to treat the bowl as the ultimate "double or nothing."


And they got snookered into the Mountain East Conference with teams like Tulane and East Carolina.....

I appreciate the usage of the word "snookered" here. I have no idea what is going on with some of these teams. I thought that Tulane was rightly placed in the C-USA. Small fan base, small following, small school. It fit nicely against teams like Rice, Memphis, and others. All the floundering about for new revenue, exposure, shot at BCS, is just a mess. Random item of trivia: Tulane used to be in the SEC, too.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.